Model Tips Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

kopiosatu

Apr 11, 2005
Hi~ Newbie here. Let's say I have a willing model and I've chosen the Botanical Gardens to take pictures in the afternoon.

Any tips to share? Like ideal angles, usage of flash, handling of model (HAHAHAH)??

get an idea of how you want to portray your model. the cool look, sunshine girl or whichever. have an idea of poses that you want and see the poses and portraits section to get more ideas. READ the comments that have been posted too.

Oh yeah, outdoor day shoot, wouldnt recommend using a flash.

For outdoor shoots, I think its a good idea to go early and recce, look for ideal spots and have a visualisation of the possible poses/styles u want.

Got it!

Or have i? lol~ I will have to try first!

I just did a 1-1 shoot with a friend.. both are newbie too ..
with no MUA

just some tips or wat i encounter ..

1)make sure u can pose her .. sometimes we just go looking at each other dono wat to do .. lolz

2)even is a friend .. I think u should communicate well with her. Make her feel easy .. then things will be much better.

3)After posing her , check your bg , check her neck lines , check her clothings .. and then after few minutes .. I still did not manage to take a pic of her .. :sweat:

will post more if i remember .. :bsmilie:

simon80 said:
with no MUA

1)make sure u can pose her .. sometimes we just go looking at each other dono wat to do .. lolz

2)even is a friend .. I think u should communicate well with her. Make her feel easy .. then things will be much better.

3)After posing her , check your bg , check her neck lines , check her clothings .. and then after few minutes .. I still did not manage to take a pic of her .. :sweat:

you moved her around and never took a pic? playing with play-doh? :bsmilie:

simon80 said:
with no MUA

just shoot, the more you shoot, the more comfrtable she will get ... an old trick of mine when i was shooting film, I actually did not put film in the camera for the first 10 minutes, just shoot blanks to warm up the model ... seasoned model, this willnot be necessary ...

try not to let ur model face direct sunlight, will make her eyes squint too... hard to have a radiant smile and squint at the same time.. :D

~Arcanic~ said:
try not to let ur model face direct sunlight, will make her eyes squint too... hard to have a radiant smile and squint at the same time.. :D

NOTED~ ;)

mpenza said:
for this period, bring along umbrella in case it rains ;p

For myself, she can get wet :cool:

kopiosatu said:
For myself, she can get wet :cool:

wah..... naughty.... :lovegrin:

:bsmilie:

try to bring some clothes to change too, different sets of clothes to bring out different effects. :)

~Arcanic~ said:
wah..... naughty.... :lovegrin:

:bsmilie:

try to bring some clothes to change too, different sets of clothes to bring out different effects. :)

Different clothes???? That means I gotta go to her place to pick clothing liao.

Where can she change at Botanical Gardens man...

kopiosatu said:
Different clothes???? That means I gotta go to her place to pick clothing liao.

Where can she change at Botanical Gardens man...

i'm sure there's a toilet somewhere in botanic gardens ba... hehe

or u can ask her hide behind a tree lo.. =P (kidding)

or pick those clothes that can be worn over the previous one, so dun even need to change, but might get a bit stuffy for her ba..

~Arcanic~ said:
i'm sure there's a toilet somewhere in botanic gardens ba... hehe

or u can ask her hide behind a tree lo.. =P (kidding)

or pick those clothes that can be worn over the previous one, so dun even need to change, but might get a bit stuffy for her ba..

i guess the easiest solution is to make do with what she's wearing, maybe get an extra top.

ehhh how' bout a little fan for the wind effect?

Another question... what places would you go to get a certain kind of look???

kopiosatu said:
Another question... what places would you go to get a certain kind of look???

erm, that would depend on what "kind" of look u are trying to achieve?

Status
Not open for further replies.