Model Shoot Preparations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rongwei82

Oct 5, 2006
Singapore
Hi ppl, if i'm going for a model shoot for my friend, what will i need to prepare?

Eg. The location, time of the day, theme, pose for the model..etc?

Pls Advise..:sweat:

Last edited:
Location, theme, time and poses of models all have to be decided by yourself pal.. We can't help you decide on all these, you are a photographer for goodness sake... Can't you make your own decision and have your own concepts and ideas of shooting the model?

I don't think his question was to help him decide the specifics, only on what to prepare prior to the shoot. Besides those that are mentioned, you'll have to think about logistics (especially for multiple locations), and having a backup plan in case of bad weather.

also u'll need to take into consideration a backup plan if the location u have chosen suddenly gets crowded for some reason which you dont foresee.

Hi ppl, if i'm going for a model shoot for my friend, what will i need to prepare?

Eg. The location, time of the day, theme, pose for the model..etc?

Pls Advise..:sweat:

Not only that cause u need to know which are the most suitable lens to bring along with u to avoid bring unnessary things. Best if u can get more infor on the setting of your camera to give u the best result after a hard day work. No point shooting all junks to dump them to trash can.

u mean ur friend is the model? :think:
discuss with her first to decide what theme or what kind of shoot appeals to both of u.
then both of u can decide "The location, time of the day, theme, pose for the model".

in addition to your usual camera stuff, u may want to bring along reflector, tissue paper/ blotcher to wipe away sweat/ oil stains, water for her to drink, etc.

Oic, thanks for all the advise ppl. Ya, i guess i did not phase the question properly. My intention was to ask prior to the shoot, what are the preparations needed..:sweat:

My friend is not a model. Just that i might intend to ask her to pose as a model for me to practice, hehe.

Thanks for all the help...;)

If you want to practice, make is AS SIMPLE AS POSSIBLE. Shoot at home, shoot close to home. Simple outfits, use ambient lights, simple poses, and practices.

All the thought of locations, props, and everything else will only serve to confuse you. You are new at this, why make it complicated. If you try to make it complicate to impress the model, well, you will absolutely fail to deliver the pictures. As it stand, you prob will fail to deliver, and that is part and parcel of the learning process.

If you want to practice, make is AS SIMPLE AS POSSIBLE. Shoot at home, shoot close to home. Simple outfits, use ambient lights, simple poses, and practices.

All the thought of locations, props, and everything else will only serve to confuse you. You are new at this, why make it complicated. If you try to make it complicate to impress the model, well, you will absolutely fail to deliver the pictures. As it stand, you prob will fail to deliver, and that is part and parcel of the learning process.

I think this is a pretty good advise..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.