Model Shoot - Newbie Studio Workshop, Sat Nov 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astin

Mar 2, 2002
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
Hi, I will organize a studio model shoot workshop session for newbie, for both digicam and DSLR newbie users. (Pls check your camera, minimum requirement is a hotshoe and manual exposure mode) We will hire a professional model for the event.

1st 2 hours is studio lighting skill: we will spend time to set up the light/ mood "together"; and then everyone will take turn to shoot a few shots with the model in the same setup. After that we change the light/mood to another setup and continue again. We should be able to do 5-10 setup, depends on how efficient is the group.

2nd 2 hours is posing skill: we will show the skills on communication between photog and model, basic posing & composition techniques; we will explain along the way, there will be more time to shoot with the model.

Model Shoot - Newbies Studio Workshop
Date : Nov 8, 2003 (Saturday)
Time : 2-6pm
Model/Clothing : casual & formal
Cost : $60 each (max 8 photogs)

A note for the newbies and people who are afraid to join:

I've been there myself for the newbie shoot, using the reputed ultra slow AF 5700. I was amazed that calibration for white-balance and manual settings will all be configured for you and you can just go ahead shoot without worries. A very nice learning experience for those interested in studio shoots.

The only thing you need to worry is how to pose the model and how to make Astin pose as well :bsmilie: there's not much to worry except how to get there and shoot good shots.

Pretty good for beginners and learners :D they're pros man :D would love to join for this one but got something on that day unless I leave early.. :think:

Please include me in for this.
Btw can tell me where Loyang studio is?

Namelist - Newbie Studio Workshop Sat Nov 8th
(1) kearn (Kelvin I will sms you the address)
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)
(6)
(7)
(8)

Now this event is officially endorsed by espn!~~~ :D

Astin: I'll let you know if I can make it, I got a wedding dinner that night... so let me work something out :D btw, which model is it? Got pic?

Astin said:
(1) kearn (Kelvin I will sms you the address)
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)
(6)
(7)
(8)

Now this event is officially endorsed by espn!~~~ :D

Hi - I'm new and I'm interested as well.

bravocube, you are welcome, pls pm me your phone number, email address and camera you use.

espn, you can bring your dinner shirt along, after the shoot, you can have a free shower in our studio, change to your dinner shirt and call a taxi to the dinner. (I even have a iron board in the studio, because some model clothing needs to be ironed.)

Astin said:
espn, you can bring your dinner shirt along, after the shoot, you can have a free shower in our studio, change to your dinner shirt and call a taxi to the dinner. (I even have a iron board in the studio, because some model clothing needs to be ironed.)

You are out to tempt me to make me go right? :devil: Evil Eeeevil! ;p

Hi, I'm interested to join in the model shoot. Newbie to studio shoot though... :embrass:

Edwin said:
Hi, I'm interested to join in the model shoot. Newbie to studio shoot though... :embrass:

Edwin, you are welcome. Sony F717 is ok. I used this camera in studio few months ago. If you want to join, pls pm me your phone number and email address.

(1) kearn (sms you the studio location)
(2) bravocube
(3) jack
(4) Edwin (sms you the studio location)
(5)
(6)
(7)
(8)

Reserve List
(1) Sausage (Pls advise are you using the Oly 2100 for this shoot?)

I will have meeting with some photogs on Wed Oct 22 7-8pm at Peninsular foodcourt. If any of you want to discuss/look-see/chit-chat, you can look for me. (I will wear a dark grey colour long sleeve shirt, and I have very short hair on top.)

AJ23 said:
that one lor, you know, that one, you have, I have, he has. :angel:

Ok the only thing I figured that the three of us have in common is

Sense of Humor... :bsmilie:

apologies Astin for the OT...

as for those who feel shy to do studio... just remember that even the late Herb Ritts and Helmut Watson started as newbies and its better to start now than later... have fun

sebastiansong said:
Ok the only thing I figured that the three of us have in common is
Sense of Humor... :bsmilie:

:nono: "Ah ah ah, choose again"
(Russell Crowe's tone in Virtuousity) ;)

sorry for another OT, Astin. Up up up for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.