Model Shoot : Celine

Status
Not open for further replies.
cindy33 said:
shitz... shd hav kept my mouth shut :confused:

then i got chance to see the other makeup artist marr... she got dimples ... *melt* ....

For me, anything as long as photogenic. Scarly I go there this Sat, Celine also shoot and Cindy also shoot. :D

Make my $$$ worth every cent! Haha... (just joking lah) :blah:

i knew it.. darrel alwiz got sumtin against me, no wonder alwiz say my eyes small.. next time i use toothpick open up my eyes BIG BIG!!

hey 'Virgo', u r at kirk's shoot last week isit? wic one is u?

Virgo said:
For me, anything as long as photogenic. Scarly I go there this Sat, Celine also shoot and Cindy also shoot. :D

:bsmilie: confirm u will only shoot celine .... coz cindy will be hiding :bsmilie:

cindy33 said:
i knew it.. darrel alwiz got sumtin against me, no wonder alwiz say my eyes small.. next time i use toothpick open up my eyes BIG BIG!!

toothpick ? ... use cotton bud .. not so painful ... :p

ahem ... ok ok .... dun suan liao .. later she resign ...

Wow, so eager to let me shoot already huh! :D

Don't worry, you can't escape this Sat. :bsmilie:

cindy33 said:

I use my fast lens sure she can't hide anywhere, unless she don't come for the makeup for Celine. :eek:

darrelchia said:
:bsmilie: confirm u will only shoot celine .... coz cindy will be hiding :bsmilie:

kyrie100 said:
I know this probably sounds damn stupid to a photographer but if I don't ask, i'll never know. :) Being photogenic, is that something someone is born with? I mean, isn't it supposed to be how the photographer is good at covering up or emphasing the good points and not the bad points. Creativity goes a long way.

Well...just thought I would ask. *blush*

Silly me.

there are no stupid questions ...

my personal take on this ... so dun flame me ...
some people look good in real life and not in photos, and vice versa. It seems that it is something people are born with. I have no idea why.

To me, being photogenic means that there are a lot of angles which the photographer use to shoot the persons profile, and will come out nice. This compared to the normal people (me incl) which have only 2-3 good angles which make excellent photos. What i'm trying to say is everyone has at least one good angle to their face but photogenic people have much more ...

of course they do have some ugly angles too... they're not perfect ... any they not necessarily look good in real life either.

sigh ... gotta go back to school and learn how to spell again ... keep making typos and coming back to edit the posts ....

No. Everyone can be photogenic. It's up to the photographer to capture the right angle at the right time. Normally, when a person is relaxed, the chances of being captured as photogenic at the right moment is higher.

So relax everyone! :)

kyrie100 said:
I know this probably sounds damn stupid to a photographer but if I don't ask, i'll never know. :) Being photogenic, is that something someone is born with? I mean, isn't it supposed to be how the photographer is good at covering up or emphasing the good points and not the bad points. Creativity goes a long way.

Well...just thought I would ask. *blush*

Silly me.

Getting excited liaoz. Haha...

I did talk to you, but not much. Don't kan jiong lah, this Sat can see my real face already hahaha... if you're smart enough, you can see me on the web.

cindy33 said:
gosh! i dun mean tt!!

so u at kirk's shoot last week for jessie? i am the makeup artist mah.. did i talk to u that dae?

Virgo said:
Getting excited liaoz. Haha...

I did talk to you, but not much. Don't kan jiong lah, this Sat can see my real face already hahaha... if you're smart enough, you can see me on the web.

*gasp* ... u mean last sat u went in a mask ?? ...

kyrie100 said:
why would i flame you? :p Hmm....Thanks for answering my question. Going for my first photography lesson which nicole (brisbane photographer) so guess i'll be able to learn more then and see the difference. At present, just reading up on concepts and stuff to learn more. I'm currently modelling part-time here in Aus and want to go towards photographer, so thanks for explaining stuff to me.

oh cool ... learning photography is fun. just don't get discouraged when ur shots dun turn out fantastic. I threw out almost all the portrature shots i did for the first six months.

kyrie100 said:
Another question. I heard that it's not good to photographer females with their head tilted back. it gives sort of a masculine look or something like that. Is that true? I personally however find that quite charming if you contrast it with an ultra-femine dress with ultra-femine accessories. I guess i'm more of a contrast sort of person. I have done some portrait sorts of my friend's already and have yet to find someone who didn't look good on photos. So whether they were born with it, i don't know. :)

mm .. again, this is a subjective issue. If you asked me, i would say it doesn't really matter if the female has his head tilted back ... but i dun plan shoots anyway, i just try to get the model to be natural, and i walk all over to place and see if i can find an angle i like. Thats why i like to shoot in pairs, but thats my shooting style. My advice (if its worth anything ... coz i'm no pro and my shots are so so only) is not to get tied down by the rules too much.

kyrie100 said:
Any tips are always good. Thanks. Hey, Celine (not me, your model) works at media corp. I used to work at SPH. Kinda cool. Wonder if she knows my friends? Which agency is she with?

I have NO IDEA ...

kyrie100 said:
why am i getting contradicting answers? One says "born" with it, the other says you're not. Grr...

:bsmilie: subjective lorr ... for me, i'm always looking for a good angle to shoot, and i try to shoot as many different angles as possible...

I've shot celine, who looks good in many many angles, and some who are limited to one or two angles .... sure they have good angles .. but my definition of photogenic is "got a lot of nice angles to shoot" :bsmilie:

Virgo said:

Haha! To make your money even more worth, u can shoot me too :bsmilie:

kyrie100 said:
Silver.wolf - lol, and I'm cuter. :) convince me to come back to Singapore...hmm...let's see..food (big priority)...NAH :) Will miss my darling too much.grins. Will definately be back in 2 years for my friend's wedding though. Maybe earlier, who knows. And I have my own crash-hot great make-up artist. Have you seen Jac around lately? I need new to get new make-up too. lol

I've got new photos coming in this week. How the hell do I upload some up? Ah well....will just add it somewhere else and give you the link. Silver.wolf, added you to my MSN already. Catch ya later. ;p Never told you that I LOVE your laptop, did I? :)

Singapore lacks of cute girls. We need u back in Singapore! Convinced? *kidding abt lack of cute girls* Hee! Yeah yeah, i know your weakness for good, yummy and delicious asian hawker food. Char Kway Teow, char kuey, etc :devil:

Jac? Never see her. Didn't have her contacts in the first place.

Cool! Pass your photos to me, and i'll help u upload.

Thanks thanks, i saw u online in MSN juz now. But was too busy to give u a hi. Wave to u next time when i see u online again. LOVE my laptop? Haha! Will it be another reason why u should come back to Singapore??

Good for u to pick up photography skills from an experienced photographer. Maybe we should exchange pointers next time. Ok?

kyrie100 said:
Okay, thanks. I'll work it out, somehow. :) Actually, I'm quite please with my photos that I did. Not bad for my first roll of film. :) Thanks for the tips, i'll keep them in mind. You have been a great help.

Remember when u were in Singapore and we arranged to meet up? And i wanted u to meet another photographer friend of mine whom always work together with me? Da da... He's Darrel Chia.

Humourous and witty guy. Come back soon to meet us and exchange pointers. :)

kyrie100 said:
Another question. I heard that it's not good to photographer females with their head tilted back. it gives sort of a masculine look or something like that. Is that true? I personally however find that quite charming if you contrast it with an ultra-femine dress with ultra-femine accessories. I guess i'm more of a contrast sort of person. I have done some portrait sorts of my friend's already and have yet to find someone who didn't look good on photos. So whether they were born with it, i don't know. :)

I read from a book on posing people sometime ago. If i still remember correctly, yes its true that females tilting their head towards the far shoulder (away from the camera) gives more masculine look. Thus, females should tilt towards the near shoulder towards the camera for a feminine feel. Males, on the other hand, should tilt away from the camera or at least remains straight.

Digitalbuff had to pull out coz he has reservist

Attendees
----------
1) Virgo (confirmed)
2) S2K (confirmed)
3) offspring (confirmed)
4) libra (confirmed)
5) icyflame (confirmed)
6) astin (confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.