Model Release Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR THE

Jan 12, 2006
AUSTRALIA->MSIA
Anyone have a good Model Release form to share?
will cover most of the items? and protect us :) :bigeyes:

DR THE said:
Anyone have a good Model Release form to share?
will cover most of the items? and protect us :) :bigeyes:

And very importanly, protect the model.

Its actually very difficult to have any agreement which "protects" both sides - more often than not, interests are competing and one side would have to be preferred over the other.

I ____________ NRIC number: _____________ hereby consent
photographer ______________ NRIC number: ______________
to take my photo on the date:__________________

:sweatsm:

vince123123 said:
Its actually very difficult to have any agreement which "protects" both sides - more often than not, interests are competing and one side would have to be preferred over the other.

Of course there is no "perfect" model release form.

I was trying to bring another angle to Dr THE's "protect us". I was trying to emphasize the need to consider the other party's interest.

At the end, the model release form has to be agreeable to both.

arampan said:
I ____________ NRIC number: _____________ hereby consent
photographer ______________ NRIC number: ______________
to take my photo on the date:__________________

:sweatsm:

:think: is it that simple??

Adult Model Release

In consideration of my engagement as a model, upon the terms herewith stated, I hereby give to [photographer’s name] his/her heirs, legal representatives and assigns, those for whom [photographer’s name] is acting, and those acting with his/her authority and permission:

a) the unrestricted right and permission to copyright and use, re-use, publish, and republish photographic portraits or pictures of me or in which I may be included intact or in part, composite or distorted in character or form, without restriction as to changes or transformations in conjunction with my own or a fictitious name, or reproduction hereof in color or otherwise, made through any and all media now or hereafter known for illustration, art, promotion, advertising, trade, or any other purpose whatsoever.

b) I also permit the use of any printed material in connection therewith.

c) I hereby relinquish any right that I may have to examine or approve the completed product or products or the advertising copy or printed matter that may be used in conjunction therewith or the use to which it may be applied.

d) I hereby release, discharge and agree to save harmless [photographer's name], his/her heirs, legal representatives or assigns, and all persons functioning under his/her permission or authority, or those for whom he/she is functioning, from any liability by virtue of any blurring, distortion, alteration, optical illusion, or use in composite form whether intentional or otherwise, that may occur or be produced in the taking of said picture or in any subsequent processing thereof, as well as any publication thereof, including without limitation any claims for libel or invasion of privacy.

e) I hereby affirm that I am over the age of majority and have the right to contract in my own name. I have read the above authorization, release and agreement, prior to its execution; I fully understand the contents thereof. This agreement shall be binding upon me and my heirs, legal representatives and assigns.

Dated: _____________________________________

Signed:_____________________________________

Address:____________________________________

City:_______________________________________

State/Zip:____________________________________

Phone:______________________________________

Witness:_____________________________________

Permission Release (for public photo)

In consideration for value received, receipt whereof is acknowledged, I hereby give [photographer’s name] the absolute right and permission to publish, copyright and use pictures of me in which I may be included in whole or in part, composite or retouched in character or form, in conjunction with (tick those applicable):

_______my own name

_______a fictitious name

_______no name to be used

If the person photographed is under 18, I certify that I am his or her parent or legal guardian and I give my consent without reservation to the foregoing on his or her behalf.

Date:_____________________________________

Name:____________________________________

Address:__________________________________

Phone: ____________________________________

Signature:__________________________________

Minor Model Release

For valuable consideration, I hereby confer on [photographer’s name] the absolute and irrevocable right and permission with respect to the photographs that he/she has taken of my minor child in which he/she may be included with others:

a) To copyright the same in [photographer’s name] name or any other name that he/she may select;

b) To use, re-use, publish and re-publish the same in whole or in part, separately or in conjunction with other photographs, in any medium now or hereafter known, and for any purpose whatsoever, including (but not by way of limitation) illustration, promotion, advertising and trade, and;

c) To use my name or my child’s name in connection therewith if he/she so decides.

I hereby release and discharge [photographer’s name] from all and any claims and demands ensuing from or in connection with the use of the photographs, including any and all claims for libel and invasion of privacy.

This authorization and release shall inure to the benefit of the legal representatives, licensees and assigns of photographer [photographer’s name] as well as the person(s) for whom he/she took the photographs.

I have read the foregoing and fully understand the contents hereof. I represent that I am the [parent/guardian] of the above named model. For value received, I hereby consent to the foregoing on his/her behalf.

Dated: _______________________________________

Minor's Name:__________________________________

Parent or Guardian:_______________________________

Address:______________________________________

City:__________________________________________

State/Zip:______________________________________

Phone:________________________________________

Witness:_______________________________________

Property Release

For valuable consideration herein acknowledged as received, the undersigned being the legal owner of, or having the right to permit the taking and use of photographs of certain property designated as:

does grant to [photographer’s name] his/her agents or assigns, the full rights to use such photographs and copyright same, in advertising, trade, or for any purpose.

a) I also permit the use of any printed material in connection therewith.

b) I hereby relinquish any right that I may have to examine or approve the completed product or products or the advertising copy or printed material that may be used in conjunction therewith or the use to which it may be applied.

c) I hereby release, discharge and agree to save harmless [photographer's name] his/her heirs, legal representatives or assigns, and all persons functioning under his/her permission or authority, or those for whom he/she is functioning, from any liability by virtue of any blurring, distortion, alteration, optical illusion, or use in composite form whether intentional or otherwise, that may occur or be created in the taking of said picture or in any subsequent processing thereof, as well as any publication thereof, including without limitation any claims for libel or invasion of privacy.

d) I hereby affirm that I am over the age of majority and have the right to contract in my own name. I have read the above authorization, release and agreement, prior to its execution; I fully understand the contents thereof. This agreement shall be binding upon me and my heirs, legal representatives and assigns.

Dated: _______________________________________

Name:________________________________________

Address:______________________________________

City:_________________________________________

State/Zip:_____________________________________

Phone:_______________________________________

Witness:______________________________________

so brother.. all this release form are for only commercial use of photographs? what abt those TFCD shootings?

PLEASE NOTE:

Singapore's age of maturity is 21. NOT 16.

In Singapore, age "16" relates to the age that which legal consent may be given for sexual activities. It does not grant a 16 year old to sign away all due rights...even if they so had.

Depending on the country you are in, the "age of majority" may be 18-21. For Singapore, as mentioned, it is 21.

Please see the : MINOR RELEASE FORM [posted by tsdh] for those below 21.

When you create a legal release, you have to ask what it is you seek

1) Rights to use / sell / reproduce the shoot-pics
2) Indemnity for damage and injury during shoot...
3) Indemnity against loss arising from the shoot...

I created an indemnity form for a friend and it ran 2-3 pages... of course, you may stick to a simple 3-5 line indemnity. GRINS

Hope the above helps

Bleuwhale said:
PLEASE NOTE:

Singapore's age of maturity is 21. NOT 16.

In Singapore, age "16" relates to the age that which legal consent may be given for sexual activities. It does not grant a 16 year old to sign away all due rights...even if they so had.

Depending on the country you are in, the "age of majority" may be 18-21. For Singapore, as mentioned, it is 21.

Please see the : MINOR RELEASE FORM [posted by tsdh] for those below 21.

When you create a legal release, you have to ask what it is you seek

1) Rights to use / sell / reproduce the shoot-pics
2) Indemnity for damage and injury during shoot...
3) Indemnity against loss arising from the shoot...

I created an indemnity form for a friend and it ran 2-3 pages... of course, you may stick to a simple 3-5 line indemnity. GRINS

Hope the above helps

yes the age of maturity is 21, but in SG law it states that girls the age of 16 & above hv their own rights to sign a consent w/o guidance approval...

Do you happen to have the name of the Act or case which states this?

zhang3feng said:
yes the age of maturity is 21, but in SG law it states that girls the age of 16 & above hv their own rights to sign a consent w/o guidance approval...

If you are wondering how on earth an indemnity form can span over 2-3 pages... since the stupid indemnity forms you brought back to your parents to sign whenever you went on a school field trip only consisted of a few stupid lines... heres a distant but VERY real possibility / consideration.

There is one firm in USA (i think) which had been representing a certain artist (individual or group) and as such, managed their publicity and stuff. The artist (or group) had recently canclled their contract with the firm, in addition to asking for damages, because the firm's publicity / representation had not be "in line with their past public image". Not sure how the outcome of the suit is..but its one hell of a big suit with many counter-suits thrown in. Certainly, you do not wish to find yourself in that situation.

A common issue with girls-models is the question of right to publish - sell nude / artistic shots taken before the model / actress became famous. With some photographers here taking truly artistic shots, just keep the above in mind.... and construct your proper release forms.

vince123123 said:
Do you happen to have the name of the Act or case which states this?

nope i dont hv.. n i cant rmb which penal code, chapter wat states it... i studied law during my Police NS days... i can only rmb tat 16 is the age she can sign her own consent

I wasn't wondering how come an indemnity can span 2-3 pages, I was asking if you have a link to your form somewhere for the rest to review and possibly use. After all, its no point telling us what you did for your friend unless its available for reference.

Bleuwhale said:
If you are wondering how on earth an indemnity form can span over 2-3 pages... since the stupid indemnity forms you brought back to your parents to sign whenever you went on a school field trip only consisted of a few stupid lines... heres a distant but VERY real possibility / consideration.

Greetings All.

I received my legal education in America and therefore am most well versed in American and International law. However, because I have been based back in Singapore the last 2-3 years (returning to America soon) and had worked full time at a local law firm, dealing with Civil law-contracts, comany law, personal law- for about a year, I am very sure of the following:

1- Legal age for sexual consent is 16 in Singapore --> ask your friendly neighborhood police. If you are hard working enough, consult the Attorney-General's Online Statute.

2- Age of maturity is 21. You are only allowed to SIGN AWAY YOUR RIGHTS at 21.

3- Even if you can CONSENT to some activities, you CANNOT SIGN AWAY YOUR RIGHTS. And no indemnity form signed by a 16 year old..or anyone under 21, will be recognized in a Court of Law. This was an issue I faced when working on my friend's indemnity-consent form.

Simply put, in regards point 3- Singapore Court's / Law will recognize a contract signed by a minor IF AND ONLY IF it relates to the purchase or participation of "critical living needs" or education. Anything else "extra" / "not-essential" to living needs .... like photography, can be entered into by a minor. HOWEVER, even if the minor agrees to the activity, and even signs away his-her rights, the law DOES NOT recognize that act in-and-of-itself. No minor is made liable for signing away his or her rights.

It will be too tedious giving you the entire history from which the above developed from.

-Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.