Model Posing Seminar/ Course

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModelBooker

Mar 2, 2005
Hi everyone,

We will be presenting a Model Posing Seminar. This intensive workshop is for indivduals who would like to enhance their posing techniques for models during photo shoots.

The workshop will commence on the 19th (Sat) March 2005 @ 12pm Noon, over 3 sessions.

Location: 10 Marshall Road ( one lane from Katong Shopping center)
Instructor: A fashion stylist who has worked with many renowned photographers and made valuable contributions to the fashion arena for the past decade.

Fees : $300.00 for the entire workshop, OR $120.00 for one session.

-Workshop details-
1st Session : Basic Outdoor - Master the basic theory on posing a model, standing, sitting and lying down. You will also be taught on how to give effective directions to your model through clear instructions. We will cover both the Practical and Theorectical aspects of Posing. A 2 x 30 min shooting session of 4 different models in casual wear, as well as Choregraphy of models outfit, look and the background.

2nd Session : Studio - A No experience and an experienced model will be provided for you to practice execution of posing. Evaluation on faults and mistakes of each individual through 30 posings (10 standing, 10 with chair and 10 lying ,siting on the ground).

3rd Session : Bikini Outdoor - Theme shoot with 2 female models in Bikini At Sentosa Siloso beach . You will be shooting the models of your own without much guidance but there will be an overall evaulation and tips on improving your shots as well as what to look out for.

All models for the shoot are professional and make up artist and outfits are provided.

1.jpg

A 50% deposit is required for booking and the rest is to be paid on the first session. pls pm me if you are keen.

-Free-
All students will enjoy a special discount for booking of models and studio for future practice. You will also be exposed to opportunities to work with professional teams as a professional fashion photographer .

Note: we are a registered company. A receipt will be issued for all payment made . We appreciate no Spams here via email or PM. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
DSC_7272 copy.jpg

Modelbooker,

We do not recommend locking threads immediately after creating them, thus we have re-opened the thread for feedback and questions (to maintain transparency).

We seek your understanding and cooperation in this matter. Thanks.

:thumbsup: kudos to Darren !!! :lovegrin:

Darren said:
Modelbooker,

We do not recommend locking threads immediately after creating them, thus we have re-opened the thread for feedback and questions (to maintain transparency).

We seek your understanding and cooperation in this matter. Thanks.

and kudos to modelguru (or is his staff/partner/whoever again :dunno: ) for again once again comeing back to CS under yet another nick.... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

AhV said:
:thumbsup: kudos to Darren !!!

my experience. attended a Basic Photography & Posing Workshop by modelguru at 10 Marshall late last year. workshop's contents were brief. however, execution and delivery was very poor. more than half of contents not covered.

'studio' upstair was not decent in term of size. overall, not impressed and will not recommend to others. unless one wants to 'throw $ away'.

Hi, Appreciate your comments on that.
For what I learn from MG, there are 4 models for you to shoot, both outdoor and indoor practice for only $80.00.

We are doing outdoor for the 1st sessions and the studio will be at 1 photographer at a time. Therefore, the space is big enough for you to execute the shoot.

We regret that you did not manage to learn much but we do hope that the $80.00 you paid for the 4 models you shot is enough to compensate your losses.

I am ModelBooker, formally a female model and now a modellin instructor for female models.

I hope all those who have any bad experience with Modelguru, enda mode or whosoever do not associate me even we use the same studio, nick, tel no or whatsoever.

Appreciate your kind understanding .

ModelBooker said:
For what I learn from MG, there are 4 models for you to shoot, both outdoor and indoor practice for only $80.00.

We are doing outdoor for the 1st sessions and the studio will be at 1 photographer at a time. Therefore, the space is big enough for you to execute the shoot.

We regret that you did not manage to learn much but we do hope that the $80.00 you paid for the 4 models you shot is enough to compensate your losses.

Well, it was supposed to be a workshop, when the agency fails to deliever, whether your idea of you paid $80 for 4 models for you to shoot is not relevent. I guess he is there to learn, if he learns nothing, then the aim is not achieved. The 4 models, from the way described are most probably not trained .... so who is training who?

I am ModelBooker, formally a female model and now a modellin instructor for female models.

I hope all those who have any bad experience with Modelguru, enda mode or whosoever do not associate me even we use the same studio, nick, tel no or whatsoever.

Your are Modelbooker, formally a female model ..... now a male?

http://ytphoto.clubsnap.org/gallery/albums/album15/modelbooker

Let me see, do not associate you with the person you are with? ..... now that is something new ...... If you are joining a studio with bad reputation, you endure the s*** that comes with it. Nobody knows you, but then everyone will associate you with those you chose to associate with.
Who on earth knows if you are telling the truth ....... to many people had bad experiences with some people ......

you are confused with your sex, just as we are. are you the 'female' model in black 2 piece?

ModelBooker said:

in my post, i did not associate you with modelguru. i specifically related my experience with modelguru. the address is identical. any association you perceived is only in your mind.

Hi members,

Whether ModelBooker is associated with past organisers (who may or may not have been entirely successful here) by dint of sharing the same address, we should give him/her the benefit of doubt and allow market forces to determine his/her success. As it is, right now, everyone has a negative perception, rightly or wrongly, of the course being offered by ModelBooker.

It is not unknown for photographers to move on and another photographer to take up the vacant studio. Having said this, I really do not know if this is the case, I am merely offering this as a possibility.

On the flip-side, I think ModelBooker should come clean and provide your real name and contact numbers and basically build a reputable identity that everyone can associate with in ClubSNAP.

Please refrain from posting Off-topic posts in this thread, and I would consider insinuations or allegations of identity as off-topic for now.

:confused:
reachme2003 said:
my experience. attended a Basic Photography & Posing Workshop by modelguru at 10 Marshall late last year. workshop's contents were brief. however, execution and delivery was very poor. more than half of contents not covered.

'studio' upstair was not decent in term of size. overall, not impressed and will not recommend to others. unless one wants to 'throw $ away'.

I view the site earlier and wonder why the initial workshop notice posted by modelbooker was edited now.
The initial thread mentioned about the instructor. The instuctor described seems clear to me as model guru himself. I think modelbooker should come clean and make up his mind what he is driving at. If he is model guru himself, he should stop changing username or using other's identity.

By the way, like reachme2003, I went for the workshop with one of my friend last year. We too thought that the workshop is boring and not informative. I suggest not wasting money.

I don't think it's coincidental about the address.

Well. I think all this nonsense about modelguru should stop. For all you know, modelbooker may be a REAL female model. It's for the participants to find out. All we can do is like reach2003, advise them of a previous experience with MG. However, the experience with MB may be a very pleasant one.

It's for the participant to decide if they wish to do it. They can always call/contact/meet modelbooker, request portfolio etc before they pay. We cannot spoonfeed them.

nemesis32 said:
Well. I think all this nonsense about modelguru should stop. For all you know, modelbooker may be a REAL female model. It's for the participants to find out. All we can do is like reach2003, advise them of a previous experience with MG. However, the experience with MB may be a very pleasant one.

It's for the participant to decide if they wish to do it. They can always call/contact/meet modelbooker, request portfolio etc before they pay. We cannot spoonfeed them.

COOL DOWN~~~

Darren said:
Please refrain from posting Off-topic posts in this thread, and I would consider insinuations or allegations of identity as off-topic for now.
Darren has already highlighted that OT posts are not welcome. Any further posts of such nature will be summarily removed.

The Moderator
ClubSNAP

nemesis32 said:

we are DEFINITELY talking about the same person using a same nick. i am sure the administrator can check the IP address. the command of english and the writing style is the same. modelguru and modelbooker is none other than MARK CHOW. cut the bull please mark! :thumbsd:

Status
Not open for further replies.