Model on Runway (Stage) Shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

chisiang

Oct 3, 2004
Ho Chi Minh City
www.swog.sg
I'm gonna do some shoot of models on the runway soon. Any1 here got experience with runway shoot? Not aeroplane runway but you know the platform the models walk on...

What's the lighting condition like? Enough if I just shoot with 70-200 f/2.8 with VR or I still need a monopod? :dunno:

It's a hair show by Wella. My friend asked me to help cos he can't get any photographer in time.

The shoot is completely free :D and you will have complete access to backroom/makeup room. You will be paid $50 to shoot per model. Think they got like 3 models.

The only problem is, you must pay for your own transport and accommodation :D

Date: 19 Oct - 20 Oct 04
Vnue: TBA

:D

like this also can ;p don't think I have any plans to go there any time soon. maybe can let me know again if there're any shows locally in the future. thanks in advance.

you'll want to have fast shutter speed to freeze the models. so if the ambient light is not enough, use flash as the main source of light and set the shutter speed accordingly.

mpenza said:
like this also can ;p don't think I have any plans to go there any time soon. maybe can let me know again if there're any shows locally in the future. thanks in advance.

you'll want to have fast shutter speed to freeze the models. so if the ambient light is not enough, use flash as the main source of light and set the shutter speed accordingly.

Com'on! Lets fly to beijing! Can be quite fun! I'll get Buzz as well. Heh!
;)

Notice a little short though.....

Wah lao eh, Beijing. :bsmilie:

Mpenza is right, don't use flash if possible. Since you are supposed to be the official, that means you gotta have the capability to shoot it, at least be prepared with the correct hardware like lens.

I think mpenza even shot more than most pros. :think:

mpenza said:

Definitely man! I got very good connection with Kimage and I know they always want to shoot their models but no photographers :) But just take it as a free practice cos you won't be paid ;)

Bring own lightings, but if I'm not wrong they have one or two lights already.

I'll keep you guys inform of future events like this.

Zplus said:

My wife is hooked on fashion shows too. You can ask mpenza how happy she was. Now i can shoot with a clear conscience...woohoos! Now she is bugging me to go Paris.

Zplus said:
;)

Notice a little short though.....

Let's go man! All you need to do is to settle air-tix and hotel. Taxi there is cheap. Going to Great Wall, Forbidden City, Tian Tan...lots more!!

I just booked my air-tix yesterday! SQ 2-to-go to Beijing is S$598 only!!!
More pple more fun!!

Aiyom first read your title I thought a model got shot (literally) while on the runway :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.