Model Eyes

mammothboot

Dec 3, 2008
I may be picky about this. But sometimes when shooting models, there is always a tendency that one eye is bigger than the other. How do you cope with it? Any techniques to share? Or Photoshop is the only choice?

Lol not only models. Normal humans would have one eye larger than the other. One way is to photoshop or ask the models not to open their eyes too wide as that will make the difference more prominent.

I may be picky about this. But sometimes when shooting models, there is always a tendency that one eye is bigger than the other. How do you cope with it? Any techniques to share? Or Photoshop is the only choice?

people born with 1 eye big 1 eye small how to help. lol

take at an angle lor to hide, if really noticable then photoshop

hmm ask them to put more make up to make it even

in real life, most people have big small eyes.
not an issue if you don't go so close up.
use a longer focal length lens if you want to tight headshot, most of the time that is good enough.

if it is a portrait shot, you want to create the likeness of the person, so better not to alter their features.
if it is not for portrait, do whatever you please.

You can:
1) Shoot with the smaller eye in front of the bigger eye - this will give the impression that the near eye is bigger.
2) Use light control to have more shadow on the bigger eye.

Worse case: change model.

Have you tried shooting Korean models?

Bon Bon, Where got Korean model to shoot? I want...Jayce, where are you?

MamboJambo said:
Bon Bon, Where got Korean model to shoot? I want...Jayce, where are you?

He MIA two three days le... :( dunno what happened also. Having too much fun in KL??

Make up + Photoshop.

1funny.jpg

asianeyemakeup.jpg

asiangirl05.jpg

:sweat:

Last edited:

Hi Mammothboot, ideally before the actual shoot, the photographer should meet the model to go through art direction, wardrobe, test shoot etc. Should the photographer identify any potential problem like eye sizes he/she should use the test shoot to solve it.

If there will be a MUA present it may be possible to lessen the effect somewhat? You should check with a qualified MUA. Alternatively it may just be easier to to use the liquify tool in PS, since I don't think messing with makeup is smart unless you have some specific aim to achieve.