mode to choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoebuz

Dec 4, 2009
hello all...Im newbie in Clubsnap and also new with dslr...450D
due to im not familiar with 450D in this short period and im going to bangkok in the coming saturday..
may i know that the Program AE mode is ok enough to take all the shot in bangkok?...
as i afraid that if i try to adjust those Tv, Av mode during taking photo, my photo will end out with out focus and blur...
or u guys have any tips to advise me?
Thanks in advance...

yes P mode should work for most situations

using the other modes will not make your images OOF unless the shutter speed is too slow to hand hold
just make sure that you use a shutter speed that is equal to the focal length used

eg. if you are using 200mm then your shutter speed should be no less than 1/200sec
this is a basic rule, but if you are able to hold your camera still or have IS on your lens, then you might be able to go slower.

or use a tripod to be sure of no camera shake

im wonder wat's the different to bring along my compact panasomic fx38 instead of 450d?
seen im not familiar with my newly bought 450d...but i feel wasted if i din bring 450d to start learning...however, in the other way i afraid that no good picture come out by using 450d...:confused:

Just use P mode. Review using the LCD screen and use exposure compensation (EV) to adjust accordingly. That is the safest bet for now.

The 450d also has auto mode, so it can function like a (big, fat, and heavy) Point-and-Shoot camera :)

Here are the safety rules.

In emergencies where thinking is not allowed, use Auto mode. By the time you figure out what f-stop to use, the UFO in the sky will be long gone.

P mode is sufficient and safe for almost any situation than A and T mode. Just remember to normalize the EV+- setting, ISO, WB and flash EV if you have tweaked them for certain situation.

Too often folks forgotten to reset it and ended up with weird result like weak flash, consistently overexposed, slow shutter (due to low fix ISO instead of auto iso).

One more. This is optional. switch to spot focusing (always focus on the centre area) instead of letting the camera determine for you. This is also one that may cause weird OOF situation bec the camera decided to lock on the far end instead.

Last edited:
ok thanks...
i would like to know if there is any back light happen which make the object dark?how shall i solve it?
increase EV? or any suggestion?

ok thanks...
i would like to know if there is any back light happen which make the object dark?how shall i solve it?

Use the flash.

Eventually, getting a external flash is a must for indoor if you want better quality photos. (Well at least to me.)

I'm saving up to get one. ;)

There may be situation where the backlit is very intense such that leaving the camera to handle the flash by default may not be sufficient. In such case (I would presume it should work), apply EV- (to cut down light from back) and then up the power of the flash (to compensate the loss of front end light)

Folks to correct my understanding if wrong.

ok thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.