Mode of transportation during shoots

alvinlovesu

Jun 16, 2009
Just out of curiosity, what is your preferred mode of transportation to and from shoots? I personally find buses and MRTs unacceptable when travelling with anything more than a small sling bag, simply too crowded.

ha ha .... please read the "How to take MRT with camera bag" thread in Kopitiam

Just out of curiosity, what is your preferred mode of transportation to and from shoots? I personally find buses and MRTs unacceptable when travelling with anything more than a small sling bag, simply too crowded.

How unacceptable would buses and trains be if they are your only choice?

How unacceptable do u deem them to be? Sometimes when I m nt driving, I took bus n mrt with my think tank Airport takeoff with tripod (almost 10 kg) I find that to be ok..

Last edited:
I like public transport because I don't need to back track to the car.

e.g. I can shoot from Raffles Place to City Hall to Promenade.

I PREFER MRT & BUSES COZ TAXI IS TOO EXPENSIVE:):bsmilie:

Yeah, have freedom to either go Marina Square or back to City Hall for coffee without worry about parking coupons expiring!

I take bus mostly, unless its like before their start of service or end of service ... then taxi it will be.

If the foreign workers, and those who have gone shopping with baby and trolley in tow, how do you think they are able to still get on the subway?

My 2cents.

what shoots are you referring?
for leisure or paid job?

anyway, if I need to travel without own transport, I take cab go and take MRT/bus back if I'm not too tired, that is provided I only bring one backpack.

What is unacceptable? The space provided or the behaviour of the people? :) Personally, I never had space issues. Tripod on shoulder, bag standing in front of me, works nice. More irritating are those people pretending they are alone: not moving, not noticing anything, like zombies waiting for the "get out" command. With their earplugs it's not far from being a Borg .. :bsmilie:

How much gear are you carrying?
Its ok for me even when I have camera bag, tripod, 2-3 grocery bags, baby bag and pram. :sweat:

well, i usually transit during the morning peak hours. Ever tried to squeeze in with a backpack and tripod, failed utterly.. haha..

well, i usually transit during the morning peak hours. Ever tried to squeeze in with a backpack and tripod, failed utterly.. haha..

That is why in the mornings I try to be up very early so I can get the bus/mrt around 6plus. Can still move and dance around in the bus/mrt carriage.

Cheers :)

Sometimes my dad fetches me to outings..

Both of my parents join me to shoot during weekends.. cos we got tired of shopping...

Last edited:
Unlike most of you, I have the luxury of traveling in my B.M.W......... (Buses, MRT, Walk) hahahaha......

I shove and push my way in and out regardless how packed it is....better get used to it. Sit down, stand up and even become full like sardine still pay the same fare so dont give a hoot and just go.

Just remember to sling your backpack/bag to the front so easier to look after.

Last edited:
Basically, I would:

1) MRT or Bus for leisure shoot
2) Taxi for paid shoot

Long distance: Bus & MRT
Short distance: Bicycle

Driving around to shoot is a hazard...finding carpark and worry walking too far away from my car.

true.. I love those days of just plain strolling all over SG.

This is my main mode of transportation:

DSC01005.jpg