Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slivester

Deregistered
Nov 9, 2004
Woodlands
humors.deviantart.com
Is mobility that important to photographers? I need my notebook, sync cable + photographic equipments if I really want to do some serious mobile photographing works. But the weight is beginning to take its toil on me, recently I realised I looking more like an uncle than a teenager, and last week, with my gears, a little girl called me "uncle", man...

Lol. What do you think, do you need mobility?

Is mobility that important to photographers? I need my notebook, sync cable + photographic equipments if I really want to do some serious mobile photographing works. But the weight is beginning to take its toil on me, recently I realised I looking more like an uncle than a teenager, and last week, with my gears, a little girl called me "uncle", man...

how old are u 'boy' ?? :bsmilie:

"uncle",... haaha... Welcome to the club ... :bsmilie:

Yap, I do need. I always carry a laptop around to whatever I go. With a portable and light laptop, enable me to show my work to my customers anytime. Now with opening of WiFi, laptop will be a convinent tool to use to upload or sent photos through the web, which improve the workflow efficiency. Of course, can use laptop to edit photos anytime. Cheers! :)

I've found the solution in one of those rolling cabin luggage backpacks you can buy at Sim Lim Square.

Has a laptop compartment, and my camera stuff goes into a Lowepro beltpack which fits inside the bag.

Now I wheel my gear everwhere, unless the ground is very rocky, in which case I backpack it.

A lot cheaper than Lowepro's Rolling Computrekker.

I've found the solution in one of those rolling cabin luggage backpacks you can buy at Sim Lim Square.

Has a laptop compartment, and my camera stuff goes into a Lowepro beltpack which fits inside the bag.

Now I wheel my gear everwhere, unless the ground is very rocky, in which case I backpack it.

A lot cheaper than Lowepro's Rolling Computrekker.

Ah that sounded good.

Erm... being called "Uncle" or "Boy" is THAT IMPORTANT to u? :dunno:

U wun lose a piece of meat simply because with ur gear u looked older right? Dun care what ppl label u as, as long as u don't lose a chunk of meat outta ur body, u shld be ok to go. :thumbsup:

i think the "uncle" part is just a bit of humour into the thread. I too felt a bit funny when my neighbour's little kid called me "uncle" when I was in sec sch.

Yesh, it is important. :)

I shoot professionally and when it comes to key events, the notebook comes with me along with external mouse, card reader, power supply and a 60GB external USB disk. It's a Dell Inspiron 15.4" widescreen and rather heavy but I needed a full working screen for photo editing. 98% of my clients are 1.5 Hr away so each assignment is a 3 Hour return commute, lugging a full gear out to an event alone isn't easy, I am constantly concerned about security of the equipment etc and the pain not only from a long day's work but also from carrying the heavy lenses.

travel light... carry only what you really need. so you don't look like a tourist! :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Yesh, it is important. :)
Erm... Its just a tag? :dunno:

I thought only ladies are concerned and take offense if ppl call them 'auntie'. Din know that it also affects guys as well. I thought we are the more chin chai bunch, 'uncle' or not. ;p

personally, i prefer travel with as few equipment as possible bcos i dun want to worry too much about the equipment and also can concentrate on shooting rather than babysitting my comp and all the barang barang.

personally, i prefer travel with as few equipment as possible bcos i dun want to worry too much about the equipment and also can concentrate on shooting rather than babysitting my comp and all the barang barang.

But you always travel with 600 pieces of 4gb CF cards. :bsmilie:

Erm... Its just a tag? :dunno:

I thought only ladies are concerned and take offense if ppl call them 'auntie'. Din know that it also affects guys as well. I thought we are the more chin chai bunch, 'uncle' or not. ;p

Well, if it doesn't affect you, thats great. I don't mind, in fact, under certain circumstances, that is of advantage to me.

The purpose of including the short episode was meant to have a light-hearted opening for this topic, thought fellow forumers might be intrigued how I got this topic in the first place.

Thats clearer for you now?

Status
Not open for further replies.