Mobile Phone power bank that uses AAs and can recharge batteries too

electron

Jan 11, 2008
Basically it means you can use your rechargeable AAs as a mobile phone power bank and have the same device charge the batteries after depletion = no need to carry separate charger. After much Googling I only found the Tekkeon MP1580 (from the Strobist blog) can do this. But shipping from US costs more than the product itself. Surely for something so useful and ingenius there must be more than one choice?

Last edited:
non photography related... moved to Kopitiam.

Basically it means you can use your rechargeable AAs as a mobile phone power bank and have the same device charge the batteries after depletion = no need to carry separate charger. After much Googling I only found the Tekkeon MP1580 (from the Strobist blog) can do this. But shipping from US costs more than the product itself. Surely for something so useful and ingenius there must be more than one choice?

i think the words "from the strobist blog" and the fact that AA batteries are used in Flash, that the TS is trying to tell us something else, no?

:think:

i think the words "from the strobist blog" and the fact that AA batteries are used in Flash, that the TS is trying to tell us something else, no?

:think:

Yes it is photography related - as what kei1309 has pointed out I am trying to dual purpose to reduce weight while travelling with my flashes. However it is my fault for not being more descriptive. Anyway mostly photo enthusiasts/pros in the Kopitiam so hopefully still get some heads up :)

Hi,

the goal zero guide 10 battery pack seems to do the same thing. Check it out at Black Tactical singapore web site. Their shop is in Funan.

Hi,

the goal zero guide 10 battery pack seems to do the same thing. Check it out at Black Tactical singapore web site. Their shop is in Funan.

That is a great heads up! Thank you :)

Actually power banks that uses AA or AAA battery isn't a new thing.. Challenger actually sells a couple different models.. I actually have one that holds 2 AAA battle n can charge using USB.. so I find that convenient especially I always can find batt easily n the USB port can b found on most latest travel adapter

Hi,

I am going to use it with the iPhone 5 which this review on amazon seems like not a good idea.:cry: