Mobile phone photography

kevyan

Jan 5, 2005
PR
Hi peeps, I am just wondering. If you can only use a mobile phone as your "Camera" to photography, which brand and model will it be and why?

Too many to choose from, and choice of a mobile device is not only about photography. We have to consider the other factors as well, in terms of our communications needs.

I am using a Hwawei Mate 8, and I can say I really love it. It has a professional mode, where you can adjust everyhing manually, from WB to shutter speed to metering mode. But the reason I chose it is not because of the camera, but more of the ability to use dual 4G sim cards in a single device, and ability to switch between the 4G data of each card. And plus it is a pretty fast device.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of getting the P9 instead of iPhone7. Though i'm not sure about what are the new feature or pic quality from iPhone7.

I'm thinking of getting the P9 instead of iPhone7. Though i'm not sure about what are the new feature or pic quality from iPhone7.

Just wait a while more and wait for the online reviews and comparisons when the IP7 comes out.

Check out the Panasonic LUMIX DMC-CM1 Camera Smartphone. It has a 1" 20MP Sensor and Leica DC Lens.

When choosing a phone, usually the camera will not be the main reason to base your decision on. It will be coupled with many other factors. E.g. phone specs, screen size?, battery, ergonomics etc.

For the camera itself, I would probably prefer something that can change WB, shutter speed and shoot raw...(currently using Samsung Note5 which the inbuilt camera app support these... and I quite like it)

When choosing a phone, usually the camera will not be the main reason to base your decision on. It will be coupled with many other factors. E.g. phone specs, screen size?, battery, ergonomics etc.

For the camera itself, I would probably prefer something that can change WB, shutter speed and shoot raw...(currently using Samsung Note5 which the inbuilt camera app support these... and I quite like it)

Should check out the new Chinese phone brands bro... they are really kicking butt nowadays... The cameras in Huwawei phones are amazing.

Should check out the new Chinese phone brands bro... they are really kicking butt nowadays... The cameras in Huwawei phones are amazing.

I think I will... but just re-contracted earlier this year, don't think I'll be changing phone anytime soon. Unless the battery dies first. *Huawei and OPPO looks cool in specs, but not sure about the other functionalities/design, too used to the Samsung 'feel' and design.

Think since last year, after I got the Xiaomi Mi4i phone, it almost become my main daily camera. Use it for my overseas trip.
It has some basic manual mode, shutter speed, iso etc. Image quality looks very good for it price. But lack image stabilisation.
I got it mainly due to price, do not want to recontract yet as I still using the 12gb data plan.