Mobile phone and Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flip

Jan 24, 2006
www.stephenlandau.com
Hey all,

I am looking into getting a phone with windows programs like excel, word, etc.

looking into:
Samsung SGH-i600, SGH-i320N
Dopod D810, C800
Nokia E61
BlackBerry 8100
O2 XDA
Palm Treo 680

Although I am uncertain about the connectivity to Apple computers.

Does anyone know if these phones will connect seamlessly with my Mac?

No help here? No one's ever used one of these with a Mac!?!?!
There is a software for Mac where you can run Windows XP together with OS X on your Intel Core Duo Mac: Parallel desktop, available from the Apple stores I think.....you still need to buy Windoes XP as well, but you can then open another window running on XP, while your OS X is also still running side by side :)

Without this you can only use Palm based machines on your Mac, the latest Palm Treo I think has either windows or Apple software, but the Treo 680 has both on its disc.

HS

Does this mean it wont work on my powerbook G4?

Nope. Parallels don't work on the Powerbook G4. You can try Virtual PC, but it's kinda useless IMO cuz it's sooooo sooooo slow. All those sites I showed you runs on Mac OS X natively, so no need to run Windoze.

For Windows Mobile, use The Missing Sync.
For Palm, use iSync, or The Missing Sync.
For Symbian, use iSync.

You might want to google on how specific models work with OS X.

you can rule out the blackberry for connectivity to macs especially via bluetooth.
anyway blackberry doesnt come with office etc.

Bberry with usb connections to Mac for Sync is ok .
Have tested and its alright.

Nokia E61 with Mac. Works like a charm. That's why i'm using now. I synced my old Sony Ericsson k750i with my mac, till i bought the E61, took it out of the box, charged the batt, synced it with iSync (using bluetooth), and within 5 minutes, all my contacts and calender entries were in the E61. No software installation required. Only gotta find the E61 plugin for iSync (just google to find it).

Status
Not open for further replies.