Which is better?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paranoia08

Jun 27, 2007
Singapore
Which is better?
I'm planning to get 1... But can't decide..

Starhub - StarHub Mobile BB

Singtel - Singtel Mobile BB

M1 - M1 Mobile BB

Personally, I'm planning to get M1 coz of the price.
But I'm not sure if M1 is good...

Any can advice?

Thanks a million.. :lovegrin:

I used M1 for 1 year, now i switched to Singtel, bcos M1 now a days cannot connect, very slow most of the time.
Singtel is better now.

darn... was also considering getting the M1 mobile broadband during the Comex show. Their price for the cheapest plan is certainly very attractive! I'm willing to put up with slow connection, as long as not TOO slow (page load within... 15s?) and the connection doesn't drop off.

usually connection drop because of overheating...
Huawei in general is also problematic...

safest model is the E270... starhub so far still okay...

starhub is unlimited.

ive compared my connection to my sisters singtel, starhub is noticeably faster.

Are we talking about that Huawei dongle thingie from M1? Sorry but that whole BB service sucks. I got it in January but it was sooooooooooo slow it was not possible for me to use it (I need relatively fast internet speed for my work). And the connection was cranky too. I called in a few times to get them to help me troubleshoot. I even brought my laptop down to Paragon for them to install a new firmware. Nothing worked. I wanted to cancel the service but M1 offered me 3 free months and asked me to try for a while more. I said ok but I basically did not use the line much. For my laptop it was due to the reasons above; for my mobile phone it was due to the slow speed and the hassle - had to keep switching SIM card.

In the end, I got rid of the service. Didn't make the minimum 6 months requirement but M1 did not make me pay a penalty for it. I signed up for the Blackberry plan instead. I am very pleased with my Blackberry. No problems at all with emails and it is so easy with MSN, Yahoo and Skype messaging. I even make overseas call using Skype on my Blackberry.

I did hear that Singtel is much better. Don't go for "cheap". Sometimes it is worth paying a little bit more to avoid the frustration and hassle!

Good luck! :cheergal:

Denyce

Last edited:
I'm using starhub, using huawei modem, if I not wrong M1 the modem looks bigger

Hmm... But singtel does nt comes with unlimited plan..

N starhub doesn't comes with a free USB modem, right?
Unless u sign up with their fastest 7.2mbps..

The USB modem itself cost around 300 bucks..

Hmm... But singtel does nt comes with unlimited plan..

N starhub doesn't comes with a free USB modem, right?
Unless u sign up with their fastest 7.2mbps..

The USB modem itself cost around 300 bucks..

Yeap, using the Singtel $20+ plan now, monthly limit is 50Gb Up/Down, Modem is free, choice of Huawei or Samsung.

but is 50gb enough?
N which modem is better? Huawei, samsung or vodafone?

Why you need Unlimited bandwidth. Has anybody checked on how much bandwidth one uses in a month?? I dont do that, still I upload tons of pictures into my Flickr. If it is unlimited there might be a heavy user next door using up the whole radio waves which you are sharing, which can make your surfing miserable. So under this Singtel's 5GB limit that same heavy user once hit the limit must surely give way for you to use rite!!!!. Atleast this keep the balance in surfing community. Everybody gets a fair chance.

I wote Singtel and kick M1. No comments on Starhub bcos I dont want to get tied up for next 2 years.

Last edited:
but is 50gb enough?
N which modem is better? Huawei, samsung or vodafone?

Most of the time I dun even reach the 30Gb mark. I use it practically everyday on my laptop. The usual stuff, surfing, live updates, youtube, emails, MSN and some downloads/torrenting. Unless you're a heavy downloader/uploader, I dun think you'll burst the 50Gb limit. YMMV.

I'm using the Samsung Z800 modem, no problems. Have a friend who chose the Huawei modem, had some issues and requested to switch to the Samsung one. Do note that the samsung modem does not work for MACs. Hope this helps :)

Which is better?
I'm planning to get 1... But can't decide..

Starhub - StarHub Mobile BB

Singtel - Singtel Mobile BB

M1 - M1 Mobile BB

Personally, I'm planning to get M1 coz of the price.
But I'm not sure if M1 is good...

Any can advice?

Thanks a million.. :lovegrin:

If you look at the poll results, you should know better than to get M1. You will not go wrong with Singtel and Starhub because they are major ISP.

I used M1 for 1 year, now i switched to Singtel, bcos M1 now a days cannot connect, very slow most of the time.
Singtel is better now.

I m using M1 now...no connection along NEL...;(

I used to have M1 last year because it was having the cheapest plan. I am now having both Singnet and Starhub BB, my experience is Singnet is good enough, but when you compare with Starhub, Starhub is at least few times faster. That is my experience.

Was with M1 for the mandatory 6-month signup. Didn't quite have a good experience with their service. Occasional disconnects, and for a period they did some bandwidth compression trick or what and compressed all the graphics to a very low quality. QoS is pretty unacceptable at times, especially when on a moving transport.

Now with Singtel, and the experience has been great so far. Actually I'm writing this post in an MRT train and there's no disconnections whatsoever. Not as responsive as I would like it to be, but bearable. I signed up during Comex, so I'm on a 50% discount plan - works out to be about just under $18.

I just signed up for singtel's plan. 2mbps.
Not bad for now..
Hmm... Downloaded Data: 2.5mb now..
Hopefully I won't burst the 50gb.. HAHA!!

I just talked to a Starhub salesman at Clementi MRT, and I told him about M1 having slow or no connectin at all around Clementi, but he told me that Starhub may have the same problems......

What I understood is that these modems uses the normal phone basestations, and if those are heavily used when you want to connect, the bandwith may not be enough for voice and data, so all is slow......not sure if voice has priority over data.

I am at the end of 6 months M1 now and thinking of going to Starhub

Just found out Starhub has Broadband at home plus free Mobile Broadband in one.......may transfer my account to that one if possible

HS

Last edited:
FORGET about M1 MOBILE BB.. I terminated mine... a total BAD EXPERIENCE... they are NOT READY for such services

Status
Not open for further replies.