Mobile broadband here 'too slow'

I have both Starhub and M1 mobile broadband. Starhub is good for local sites, but somehow for M1, i notice sometimes it goes through a proxy server and speed slows down to a crawl , but it doesnt happen for some overseas site. End up i switch between the 2. Note both are the lowest speed package.

Not sure how the high speed package fare ...

Really ah. I had the feeling even my 3G connection was faster than my home braodband (mio). Like that how.

For me, quite random... but mainly depend on where I'm (location).

I have a USB Stick from M1. I found that I can't log on at times, especially at home.

Yesterday, when I called M1, they told me that because I stay in a high-rise the signal will not work. I am like huh?

I still have 1 year to go because I signed a 2 year plan. Sigh.

Really ah? I didn't find the speed slower at all, I got the HuaWei E585 and load it with a second micro SIM and speed is good leh. It connects at HSPDA most of the times actually I think all the time. Service provider is M1, I wonder why the varied experience.. some have it good and some don't, could it be device specific?

Depends on location lah. A good example when I was in the hospital. I experienced the slower speed of the mobile broadband in the patient room compared to the higher speed in the main gathering room. The distance between two locations are 10m apart. :think:

Certain MacDonald's can experience slower broadband like the one in Ang Mo Kio Central. Totally cannot use the broadband, however the wireless network is stronger. :bsmilie:

BTW, I am using the singtel mobile broadband and the modem that is advertised in the newspaper.

I use my phone's connection to tether to my laptop, and most of the time the connection is fine, much more stable than wireless@sg. Not too sure about mobile broadband though

slow is one problem, no signal is another problem! :bsmilie:

please improve the coverage! :sweat:

To All,

Please subscribe to a Fibre-Optic Broadband package... ;)

To All,

Please subscribe to a Fibre-Optic Broadband package... ;)

After my nightmareS with Mio & M1 USB, I think I will be a late adopter. Let them work out all the kinks first.

After my nightmareS with Mio & M1 USB, I think I will be a late adopter. Let them work out all the kinks first.
You haven't tried Starhub mobile, I use it for a 2 years, no problems at all, great connection. Sometimes around 6pm, it starts to slowdown a bit, till about 7pm.....in town around peninsula

I complained to M1 like umpteen times!!! I'm hving the issues of drop connections; network settings APN Errors and whatnots. I upgraded from a 2mbps to a 7.2mbps 6mths ago. But to no avail.

M1 says that they have sent pple to check the connectivity in my area, but it's pretty good. :sweat: Dunno whats wrong. Sometimes, device also cannot be detected on my Macbook Pro.

Sighs...Anyone has the same issue???

Psst...Apple has changed my USB ports already, still the same thing happens!!! :dunno:

My M1 mobile internet is really slow at night. My wife's Starhub mobile internet is more consistent though ..

me using m1 also...sibeh slow...when connect fast for like 10 minutes....after that like snail liaw...even loading fb also take ages...x5 refresh than can load finish the page

My Starhub SmartSurf have problems keeping the 3G connection connected 60% of the time... Even with HSDPA speed how fast also no use if you are unable to get "connected".