MO: Wireless Hotshoe Flash Trigger (Radio)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tunster

Oct 26, 2003
Hong Kong
antony.sofohk.com
wireless2.jpg

Hi guys, I've found this nice gadget which turns your hotshoe flashes (Canon EX, Nikon SB, etc.) into a portable studio strobe.

This is trigger using radio signal so it doesn't have the disadvantages like the IR and Optical triggers (like operation under bright sunlight and distance).

Previously I heard that the optical triggers don't work on Canon flashes but I've tested THIS trigger on EX 550 and EX 420 and it works perfectly.

If anyone interested, do contact me in my email (tunsterau@hotmail.com) so I can gather a list to do an MO. It cost SGD$80 per piece. Thanks.

wireless.JPG

setup.jpg

Does it retain the eTTL function on the Canon equipment ? if yes, one for me....:)

Nope, it is only a normal hotshoe trigger. No metering signal will be send over.

By the way, I use manual and so far still manageable.

Like a studio strobe = manually set = use manual & set your ratings... with a light meter.

btw, can check if work for Minolta Flashes?

With DSLR I normally try a few output between 1/2 to 1/8. Sure got one works well one.

Anyway, Minolta will be harder for me to find. Have you try those optical triggers? If it works, this will work.

Can you have multiple receivers and the big question - how much?

It costs SGD $80 a pair (trigger + receiver). It works on multiple receivers. Each receiver costs 40 and trigger at 40 also.

slaam said:
if I am not wrong 580ex got wireless recv buillt in yah? does it work with that?
This is a Radio Wireless Hotshoe Flash Trigger, so it come in a set, it will work on most studio lights with the receiver attached.

and it should work on most hotshoe, hammer head flash unit, with the receiver attached.

hope this help.

Looks interesting...

1. cyber_m0nkey (1 x transmitter & 2 x receivers)

Looks interesting...

2. Max 2.8 (1 x transmitter & 2 x receivers) can have more info?
19.[/QUOTE]

I'm interested but can the trigger activate Electra studio light?

Hi, can it trigger with my Sigma EF 500 DG super.

2. Max 2.8 (1 x transmitter & 2 x receivers) can have more info?
3. rueyloon (1 set)

Actually, can you also MO the umbrella and holder? Looks rare...

tunster said:
With DSLR I normally try a few output between 1/2 to 1/8. Sure got one works well one.

Anyway, Minolta will be harder for me to find. Have you try those optical triggers? If it works, this will work.

mine can do wireless trigger via the body. but i am thinking of using it wirelessly, so i can have side light minus the front light.

anyway, i have a set of RF trigger as well, another brand, do you have a sample set? would like to test if the frequency works then i just get the receiver.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
not really, i bought 1 kaiser 1 before...its a ball head with umbrella holder.

Hi Ronnie,

May I know where did ubuy yr Kaiser brand umbrella holder? How much does it cost? Does the item mounted on normal tripod and not on light stand?

Wanted to get an umbrella holderbut dunno which camera store is selling. Please kindly advise. Thank you. :)

Mezzotint said:
Hi Ronnie,

May I know where did ubuy yr Kaiser brand umbrella holder? How much does it cost? Does the item mounted on normal tripod and not on light stand?

Wanted to get an umbrella holderbut dunno which camera store is selling. Please kindly advise. Thank you. :)

peng you, i not call ronnie leh... bought from MS Color long ago... forget price liao.. it can be mounted on flash or tripod

Can I ask if the receiver has a 1/4 threaded hole at the bottom? Or is it just the shoe shape thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.