MO Kings: Interested in ordering this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gymrat76

May 10, 2004
Would be interested to get it, as I always have problem trying to get the WB right, especially in difficult indoor light..

http://www.expodisc.com/

Cheers :)

CP got sell..

CP's price is $280 for the 77mm sized expodisc. I think you order from the site is cheaper.

espn said:
CP's price is $280 for the 77mm sized expodisc. I think you order from the site is cheaper.

website listed 77mm as USD$139.95/piece. factor in, say USD$30 for shipping (exclusive insurance), total would be USD$169.95, give or take.

round up USD$170, x1.75 (USD$1~SGD$1.75) = SGD$297.50. mebbe add GST4% = $309.40 (give or take). IMO... bloody expensive! :sweat:

so, might not be cheaper leh, espn... correct me if i'm wrong. but, would love to see a MO on this. :sweatsm:

Gymrat, i suggest you save the money for something else. A piece of white paper will do; i use the bounce card for my flash, which i always carrry around anyway.

nightwolf: There are 3 ways to do the shipping:

International Global Priority USPS (7-14 days) $20
Military APO USPS $10
USPS Global Express $30

$10 more is only $17 more. How come you have to factor in GST? I don't get it. According to my calculations $149.95 x 1.7 => $254 which is still cheaper than CP.

espn said:
nightwolf: There are 3 ways to do the shipping:

International Global Priority USPS (7-14 days) $20
Military APO USPS $10
USPS Global Express $30

$10 more is only $17 more. How come you have to factor in GST? I don't get it. According to my calculations $149.95 x 1.7 => $254 which is still cheaper than CP.

eh? won't singpost charge GST? i read in the straits times forum, someone wrote in asking why singpost charge her GST for an overseas package. mebbe i'm mistaken... :think:

nightwolf75 said:
eh? won't singpost charge GST? i read in the straits times forum, someone wrote in asking why singpost charge her GST for an overseas package. mebbe i'm mistaken... :think:

GST is charged for item(s) >S$400. And it's 5% not 4%. ;)

espn, how is your contact's price? :D

ST1100 said:
Gymrat, i suggest you save the money for something else. A piece of white paper will do; i use the bounce card for my flash, which i always carrry around anyway.
dats wat i always do anyway. cheapest n effective way. ;)

EOS500N said:
dats wat i always do anyway. cheapest n effective way. ;)

Try the cap of the can of pringles. :) Works excellent for me and u get it free :)

ST1100 said:

So totally agree. I believe this process of white balancing in digital stills camera has its roots in video cameras having to find a white reference point in a given lighting condition, since decades ago. Using a white paper or grey chart is suffice. Considering having the same sensor type, the CCD, what is good enough for a broadcast video camera is also good enough for a digital stills camera. The rest is just a total overkill. Don't u think so?

Status
Not open for further replies.