MO - Hijack!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

saifulbahar

Feb 27, 2004
Singapore
www.pbase.com
Hi all,

Its funny when you talked with a manufacturer for pricing and tell them that you are going to sell it to friends and will pick orders. Later after publishing an MO here, they wrote to me to stop. After I closed the thread, they write and say sorry for miscommunications and ask me to go ahead with it. After I restart a new thread and got some interest, they write to me to stop again. Again I closed the 2nd thread.

To my amazement, they write to the interested party and say why buy MO here when you can buy directly from them!!!

I guess when they know that they can get more profit after seeing you doing it, they hijack the sales. So professional of them doing that.

i saw the manufacturer's attempt to advertise here this afternoon, i think. but now, it is not there.

bro... remember my reply?
togu deleted it cuz i told him remove it... it was pretty harsh.

in short... they are pretty dumb.

wow. which brilliant manufacturer is that?

Saw it also...
Kinda stupid to shoot down someone who is helping to advertise for free.

Anyways, I've actually been buying from them for almost a year now out from another office. There were other manufacturer who offered me better pricing but decided to go with them because of long term relationship. But I guess, its shortlived now. The owner when met last week even offered me to "stamp" my own brand on it if I want to.

It's quite funny why they would want to hijack the sales. They would not be making any gain from it because they would have to sell at the same price listed on their web.

Supposing, their site says $A, and your price is $A + $B (topup because of your trouble), they can't be selling to a person here at $A + $B right...?

HMmm... wonder how it worked.

vince123123 said:

Moderator, could you please delete the above closed thread too... rusty, could you assist in this? Just don't want to do anything with them anymore. I don't even mind telling you guys where to get it from and what is the actual cost. Not a secret, cause its the price they sell to everyone at their other office.

After meeting with them, I sent the son who is running the show the below email:
-------------------
Hello Paras,

It was nice meeting you yesterday to purchase the backdrop from your shop. I have looked through your website and am interested to purchase more after showing the sample to my friends in Singapore.

Regards,

Saiful Bahar
------------------

And his reply:

------------------

hello mr. saifur

thanks for response.

we r waiting for ur positive response.

They have a representative office in Singapore? Or are you referring to the purchasing via their website?

saifulbahar said:
I don't even mind telling you guys where to get it from and what is the actual cost. Not a secret, cause its the price they sell to everyone at their other office.

No, its not available in Singapore. I travel alot and pick it up directly from their main office outside US. Sorry, will not be able to tell you the country publicly... Don't want them to say that I should not promote them again. Cause the price in the other office is a fraction of the one sold from their US office.

Ah it's becoming clearer now, different prices in different countries :) Too bad they decided to burn their bridges with you.

saifulbahar said:
No, its not available in Singapore. I travel alot and pick it up directly from their main office outside US. Sorry, will not be able to tell you the country publicly... Don't want them to say that I should not promote them again. Cause the price in the other office is a fraction of the one sold from their US office.

Anyways, for those who had received email from them... I have no bad feeling if you order directly from them. I'll also be able to actually show you the sample which I had already bought from them so that you have a better feel of the actual products before you order.

My intention of the MO is to share with you all a good product. Hey, a good product is still a good product no matter who sells it. So do let me know if you would like to see the sample. I'll still be able to show it to you. Don't worry, sincerely you are welcome to order directly from them, my words of showing some people the sample and I'll keep that.

You still doing the MO?

It seems that there are a lot of people who still PM me showing their interest. I do not think I should be involved with the manufacturer to avoid further "misunderstanding".

I will try to bring in more backdrops soon enough to do a mass sale/order from another manufacturer. Price will certainly be more competitive or much lower. I will update those who are interested.

I am the manufacturer. Everybody in this world wants to make money for themselves first and then help others. The Saifulbahar is no different then any of us. He is not giving you any better pricing then what we would give you if you buy in bulk or not in bulk. If he wanted to help you guys he would have given you the price he bought the backdrops for. But instead he also quoted you the price that is listed on our website and promised to give you free delivery. He is also trying to buy it from our offshore office for the lower price and trying to sell you for much higher cost so he would make all the profits from people who he claims are his friends and trying to help them out. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. We have never authorized him to publish or he never asked our permission to post our products or pictures on any forums. We never had an agreement on bulk pricing. He just assumed that he would get better pricing if he bought in bulk.

Any professional person would ask the owner before he would advertise on their behalf. We are just unhappy because he never asked us if he can use our material for his financial benefits.

We would not have mind if he would have asked us as a courtesy. But now he is trying to ruin our reputation. We have no grudge against him.

Saiful’s claim on knowing us and he is doing business with us since last year is completely untrue. We have only met him once last week. He has only bought one backdrop from us. He has never done business with us except for last week.

bossbackdrops said:
I am the manufacturer. Everybody in this world wants to make money for themselves first and then help others. The Saifulbahar is no different then any of us. He is not giving you any better pricing then what we would give you if you buy in bulk or not in bulk. If he wanted to help you guys he would have given you the price he bought the backdrops for. But instead he also quoted you the price that is listed on our website and promised to give you free delivery. He is also trying to buy it from our offshore office for the lower price and trying to sell you for much higher cost so he would make all the profits from people who he claims are his friends and trying to help them out. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. We have never authorized him to publish or he never asked our permission to post our products or pictures on any forums. We never had an agreement on bulk pricing. He just assumed that he would get better pricing if he bought in bulk.

Any professional person would ask the owner before he would advertise on their behalf. We are just unhappy because he never asked us if he can use our material for his financial benefits.

We would not have mind if he would have asked us as a courtesy. But now he is trying to ruin our reputation. We have no grudge against him.

Saiful’s claim on knowing us and he is doing business with us since last year is completely untrue. We have only met him once last week. He has only bought one backdrop from us. He has never done business with us except for last week.
For the everyone's sake who are interested, since your product is believed to be good, how about you telling us what would be the amount if buying in the following orders:

1) Single piece
2) 5 pieces
3) 10 pieces
4) 20 pieces
5) 50 pieces
6) 100 pieces

Please also advise what would be the shipping from your other office directly (main manufacturing site), assuming shipping out of US will cost more. My guess is this is made in India, so we need to make sure that packing are done well so damaged during shipment has to be warrantied or at least insured.

Above issues aside, if you sell something good at good price tell us. Please indicate the cost of the different products you have, thanks.

../azul123

bossbackdrops said:

you are just dumb and stupid man. first of all, I don't know you and most of us here knows Saifulbahar, one strike against you. If you have an offshore office that sells cheaper than the US, and Saifulbahar can buy it there, and sell it to his friend for a small profit(price smae as your website, is there anything wrong? The small profit is his incentive. What you are doing is trying to cut him off and make more profit yourself. Fair, but you attitude sucks. strike 2. One more strike, you are out permanently!

Dear Bossbackdrop,

Do read the thread properfly. I have no bad feelings if anyone orders directly from you and even offered to show them your products before they order from you. As I mentioned, good product is a good product.

The first time I went to buy from Boss was in October 04 from Mr. Mehta. At that time the shop was also selling small accessories like softbox for flashguns among other things which they have now stopped. How did I know that? And I still have the softbox with me. And its been months now since I had actually told my photography friends here about the backdrops from Boss but just did not know that there was a website.

It is ok for you to accuse me of anything. As mentioned, I am not in this business and many members here who knows me know that. I'm in a total different line and Paras has my name card. Because I travel much to your offshore destination, that is the reason why I thought of doing this MO. In fact, this is the first time ever I tried to Mo a product and by telling people about Bossbackdrops does exposed your products here which were unknown to the photographic community. But now, its given me more headaches and heartaches. I am certainly not at a loss when I stop, and that is the truth.

The so called advertisement is to show people the product and linked directly to your website. Not in anyways that I had mentioned that I was the manufacturer/reseller/owner/salesman. Everyone here knows that. I was just trying to do an MO. Do view other MO in this website and see for yourself. There are many people who do MO and link websites to the manufacturer for information reasons.

Anyways, I am still helping out the photographers here by offering those prices as it is the prices which they are not able to get in Singapore. Mr. Chavda, not everybody travels and those who don't do appreciates others in helping them out. Yes we do make money along the way but we are also not at loss when we don't do it too. Do take note that I have to put cost of "hand carrying" the items myself and pay excess baggage as I do not courier the products. As mentioned, I am not in the business at all.

As I mentioned in an email to you, another shop did give me a better pricing, but I had decided to go for Boss because of my good experience in buying from Boss backdrops. But not to worry, as you do not want me to be related in any ways, I had stopped as requested.

Do tell me if you want me to also stop telling "Bossbackdrops is a good product" as mentioned in the thread too.

Do let me know if you think I should write in here my actual buying price and the excess baggage to show how much I make on a single product and at the same time, they will be able to compare to the prices which you offer in US. But by doing so, your US customers who are on this forum will also find out that the prices in your offshore shop is a lot lower and maybe realize that there are other shops there with even lower prices.

As you said the prices I quoted is the list price as in your website? It certainly is not. And free delivery? Yes, cause I handcarry them back with me from your other office (atleast suppose to) and delivery to them in Singapore.

I am not out to spoil your business but actually promote your name. Guess that was certainly a mistake.

The first time you wrote to me to stop, I did and closed the thread. I had apologize to you for using the photos (linked from your website) and the website link and closed the thread as requested.

Later you wrote to me again to go ahead with it. After I restarted a new thread, you again write and ask me to stop. And again I did. See below message sent by yourself to me (thur PM) the 2nd time (all messages sent by you are still saved).

Mr. Chavda, no worries, I will certainly disassociate myself with your company. I did not know that it is a bad thing to promote a good product.

--------------

Saiful Bahar,

You can continue operating the thread with our website address and the pictures. I have confirmed with my Bombay office and sorry about the confusion.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.