MM Lee: Singaporeans like to complain

Status
Not open for further replies.
we only complain and not protest like other countries... like that he also want to complain about us...

actually that proves the pragmatism of singaporeans

i think out of every 100 protests, maybe only 5 is taken seriously by governments, and out of these 5, 4 are given taichi results that achieve nothing other than to appease the protestors..

:bsmilie:

Someone campaign about over population in the 70s. Hence, two is enough to effect a shrinking population.
Someone campaign about excessive traffic, hence escalating erp adjustment.
Someone campaign about low salaries may breed corruption, hence all the top gunners' pay went up through the roof.
Someone campaign that we should complain less....

Now, replace the word campaign with complain. Look who's complaining!

actually that proves the pragmatism of singaporeans

i think out of every 100 protests, maybe only 5 is taken seriously by governments, and out of these 5, 4 are given taichi results that achieve nothing other than to appease the protestors..

I think this is what eyes was saying on post#38, so sooner or later these taichi is going to make people fedup.

../azul123

I think this is what eyes was saying on post#38, so sooner or later these taichi is going to make people fedup.

../azul123

in europe?

no leh, they seem happy to protest even more.

i think it has something to do with getting some. maybe protesting gives you rep points with girls. :bsmilie:

in europe?

i think it has something to do with getting some. maybe protesting gives you rep points with girls. :bsmilie:

i dunno abt how u guys feel. but do realise singapore IS relatively low on the complain scale. in fact our government has almost no pressure maintaining control over the citizens. dun believe?

*** has won many elections, mainly due to walk overs.

singapore has one of the lowest protests rates, compared to countries like taiwan where strikes, protests actually occur on a daily basis.

in fact we are so docile tat we only whine a lil online. if tats not GOOD enough for lky i dunno wad is. does he seriously expects us to go cheer support his pro PRC policies? i doubt so.

it is one thing to groom local talents and make them continue singapore for wad it is.

it is another thign ti buy foreign talents to go play olympics and do all the good jobs and snatch with us. and let singaporeans be the minority in our own country.

and i quote from our ypap member.

Do not be bitter and go on slapping on the Government senselessly because you did not get any fruits or benefits from your forefather. You will have to blame on your karma or your forefathers for not getting all the paths right for their off springs

note its this kind of ppl say we complain so much. do u honestly believe it now?

Last edited:
in europe?

No lah, talking about closer to home lah... how come move target to Europe leh? talking about solutions here mostly taichi and people complaining more and more sooner or later people fed up.

../azul123

If you read the article, it refers to Singaporeans complaining to the government about small stuff, such as having to sweep fallen leaves everyday, not about the government.

:bsmilie::bsmilie: complain about things other than the party is ok, if complain about the party than u .......

anyway, what results he expect ah? singaporean are after all a very unhappy people if u remember the survey report. only things to make unhappy people happy is complain mah.

Last edited:
singaporean are after all a very unhappy people if u remember the survey report.

ya. Buy camera is retail therapy, will make you happy.

It's like 2nd to natural to complain in SG. Even those PR or expacts also complain too. LoL. If we don't complain, we are not call singaporean. LoL

"Complain" is spreading like a contagious desease. Need to be treated CDC soon.

Stay in India for a month, you will learn how to protest against gament. How to conduct strikes with permission from Police and throw stones against the same police who approved ur strike request. But people has control over the gament. If gament do wrong they kick u out, which has pros and cons.

But people has control over the gament. If gament do wrong they kick u out, which has pros and cons.

Our gament has control over the people and our garment can do no wrong.

No lah, talking about closer to home lah... how come move target to Europe leh? talking about solutions here mostly taichi and people complaining more and more sooner or later people fed up.

../azul123

paiseh!

i was talking about europe when i was talking about protests.

singapore got protests meh? :bsmilie::bsmilie:

paiseh!

i was talking about europe when i was talking about protests.

singapore got protests meh? :bsmilie::bsmilie:

have, all the time, here in CS

singaporeans is LL haha do everything also LL

singapore got garment meh? feels communist/china to me already

Status
Not open for further replies.