mlm

Status
Not open for further replies.

teruranse

Dec 19, 2006
hi guys... just wanted to know your view about these mlm things... are they really a scheme or what? had anybody here done any mlm before and how many of you are dropout halfway?

tks

hi guys... just wanted to know your view about these mlm things... are they really a scheme or what? had anybody here done any mlm before and how many of you are dropout halfway?

tks

Bai1 Wan4 bu2 shi4 meng4:bsmilie:

MLM Not scheme but not easy.... can do lah ... but start part time change full time when constant good income!

tks

If u want to lose friends and offend relatives, join MLM. Most people dun like to be pestered.

I rather pick up insurance and get certified by MAS Board. At the same time, i can also gained financial knowledge thru the studies and exams.

MLM requires u to pay a huge sum of money first before u work hard to get it back. Rewards not yet come but your money fly out first ? like that u think safe meh ? at least stock markets which are risky, u can at least cut loss and get back some money..

Morever, MLM health products u dunno whether safe or not ... of cos which MLM company will say their products may not be safe and eat at yr own risk ? sure they will get some scientists and doctors to prove it... but " unknown " means really "unknown ".. we also dun know what goes on in that factory ...what if the person who eat the health pills u sold died the next day, what will happen to u ? remember the Slim 10 saga ?

For insurance, there is no harm done. Should the person go to heaven the next day... u actually help his or her love ones. The most is lose money if he or she cannot pay premiums.. but even so.. there is a way to loan internally and get covered as well.

As for positive culture in MLM, i guess it is based on individual. U can be anywhere in school , company, or a club... u just need to have social skills and apply in today's context.

:think:

money wise, it's FABULOUS only for those who are on top of the chain.

morally speaking, personally i think it sucks big time :thumbsd:

Dear raincool2005,

Insurance is under the family of MLMs too. The Product of insurance is Policies. It is about the maturity of the industry.

It is just that Insurance has been in Singapore for a very long while already. Acceptance level is high and the product matured.

MLM is easily tainted by 'black-horse' who goes in SOLELY for money. It is an industry that requires a lot of education.

Dear raincool2005,

Insurance is under the family of MLMs too. The Product of insurance is Policies. It is about the maturity of the industry.

It is just that Insurance has been in Singapore for a very long while already. Acceptance level is high and the product matured.

MLM is easily tainted by 'black-horse' who goes in SOLELY for money. It is an industry that requires a lot of education.

Insurance = MLM ?

how so? please teach, thank you.

btw, my friend, a financial adviser, has made it clear to her friend who tried to sell her MLM that in the first place it is against the rules for people in her profession to be involved in MLM in any manner.

Insurance = MLM ?

how so? please teach, thank you.

If I'm not wrong, both insurance and MLM are based on pyramid selling. From what I was told, insurance is just 2 tier, meaning whatever your agent earns, only 2 more level can take a cut out of the commission, ie the agent's manager and the agency boss. MLM I'm not sure how many levels.

True pyramid selling is not allowed in Singapore as the money will keep on rolling all the way to the top, meaning only those at the top really earns, while those at the bottom are losing.

If I'm not wrong, both insurance and MLM are based on pyramid selling. From what I was told, insurance is just 2 tier, meaning whatever your agent earns, only 2 more level can take a cut out of the commission, ie the agent's manager and the agency boss. MLM I'm not sure how many levels.

True pyramid selling is not allowed in Singapore as the money will keep on rolling all the way to the top, meaning only those at the top really earns, while those at the bottom are losing.

Nowadays no more pyramid liao la... ;p

MLM is actually nothing immoral lah.. jus that the people who first start out usually approach friends and relative and try to hard-sell to them.. some view it as 'earning from friends and relatives' or "earn from insiders".

Most health related supplements are a sham if not scam. They usually sell by unverified 'scientific publications' and testimonies. I ever ask for a copy of the 'research paper' for a magnetic matress for me to go home to search on "Sorry.. company confidential material cannot let you bring home" then i say can I copy some key names and keywords? "No need lah. all here already you read from here lor.. " then quickly flash some here some there.. and summarise for me.

the agency manager earns because he/she runs the agency.

what does the person on top of the other person in MLM do to earn?

to add on.. a few of my friends actually made it to the to level. earning 5 digits every month driving flashy cars and laughing at my lowly attempt to study and climb the academic ladder. He lasted a well few years. Teasing me and my lousy bike while he drove in 2 door BMWs.

Now? :dunno: dunno where is he now.. last i heard was running up debts :dunno:

MLM is actually nothing immoral lah.. jus that the people who first start out usually approach friends and relative and try to hard-sell to them.. some view it as 'earning from friends and relatives' or "earn from insiders".

Most health related supplements are a sham if not scam. They usually sell by unverified 'scientific publications' and testimonies. I ever ask for a copy of the 'research paper' for a magnetic matress for me to go home to search on "Sorry.. company confidential material cannot let you bring home" then i say can I copy some key names and keywords? "No need lah. all here already you read from here lor.. " then quickly flash some here some there.. and summarise for me.

for me it's downright immoral :thumbsd:

people on top psycho people below, and the pain spreads on while people on top just sit there :sticktong

Dont know how insurance is the same as MLM. Anyone care to clarify? I do know that MLM especially this company called Amway is very big globally esp in Malaysia. Lots of people into it. Everywhere you go, you strike up a conversation and 3 out of 10 malaysians are in it. And the fevour in their eyes is real, they really believe that it can make them millionaires.

Dont know how insurance is the same as MLM. Anyone care to clarify? I do know that MLM especially this company called Amway is very big globally esp in Malaysia. Lots of people into it. Everywhere you go, you strike up a conversation and 3 out of 10 malaysians are in it. And the fevour in their eyes is real, they really believe that it can make them millionaires.

that's how the thing works, make use of Man's greed to strike it rich quickly and easily :sticktong :thumbsd:

Agree wif u MLM is nothing wrong is just dat the people who are doing them their hard selling which pisses ppl off n the first pl that resulted in the reaction ppl are having when they hear abt MLM.

Other countries r doing quite well in MLM, like in the states if iirc it sort of help their economy to recover when they are down (i m not saying it is the major reason that they help but 1 of the reason)dats why they could recover in short time.

eikin & centuryegg,

A few clarification here. Most ppl will associate MLM as those who sells the Amway stuffs (I used Amway as example since it was mentioned in the thread), etc..

What I am trying to bring across is the MLM industry. Some say pryramid, which is not entirely false. Basically MLM is a System. Which of course has a lot of variants. Its a marketing strategy which emcompasses a lot of different kinds of common seen industries.

Like Insurance, it is a MLM. Like a commission to the agent, which followed up to the agency leader, etc. It can be a 2-level thing now, which is still Multilevel. (Note: 1 Level = Direct Selling)
Insurance started with more levels. Which thru the years they revised the rule. Like commission for only 6 yrs, etc. (Any new revision, experts, please correct me)

As said, Insurance has matured throughout the years. It is a successful MLM model in Singapore in fact. Please note that it is MLM, just that the PRODUCT they are selling is POLICIES. Just like last time, when you have friends doing insurance, then you are like siam-ing them like plaque. All MLM has to go thru this maturity stage.

Today, insurance has matured in Singapore. Most of the time, it is the people who goes to the insurance company to look for agent, and not the other way around anymore. The 'bad-eggs' where people get you to buy policies for their own profit has slowly been weeded out in this maturation process. It is more of ppl trying to help others to deal with their finance, or be able to help in cases of accident.

Same as the 'traditional' MLM which ppl is coining as today. Likewise in the states, MLM is a normal way of selling. In fact, a preferred way. As things are delivered to their doorsteps. OF course, in Singapore, people now will be like yesteryears in Insurance... Avoid them like plaque. However, give it some time to mature and weed out the Bad-eggs. As I said, a lot of people looks at MLM in a view of make millions in a flash thing. This is bad viewing. There is no free lunch in the world. Work hard, and you will reap what sow. Only how is the proportion is like. This proportion differs in Industries & systems you are in however.

Andy, Insurance, unlike MLM, does not require a huge capital investment. Insurance, unlike MLM, does not make promises (yes, they do, using very subtle and psychological tactics) of impossible. Insurance, unlike MLM, involve in selling hazy products (magnetic plasters anyone?) that makes hazy scientific claims (supplements to help lose weight using absurd, non-scientific justifications. Geez, do they even do their homework?).

Of course, the last two are based on my experience. I don't know the entire range of product that all MLM companies sell, but those who attempted to sell to me, all left in a huff when they couldn't prove what they're selling, or are proven by me to be hoaxes, and leave in a hurried fear.

MLM is immoral when they make unfounded claims and promises. They prey on the people who don't have access to knowledge and information.That is immoral in itself. But of course, there are some products which they sell are quite 'safe' (toothpaste, household products etc), although they are way too expensive to be profitable for the resellers.

HI Shinken,

As I have said, MLM is the whole family of Marketing strategy based on multi-level. The MLM you have used in the post means some of the particular ones. MLM does not make unfounded claims. It is some companies which does that.

MLM does not need huge capital investments. It is some companies which decided to use a large capital investment models. MLM is not a company. It is very much misunderstood that MLM means this or means that.

It is also not gramatically correct to say that, "Insurance, unlike MLM". As I have said that Insurance is also under the umbrella of MLM. You should be proud of being a part of it, as MLM is nothing to be 'disgraced' about.

The problem with MLM is this: MLM as a marketing system is a good idea as it aims to raise public awareness of the product through word of mouth as opposed to advertisements in the mass media. However, the application of the MLM system that I have come across have been, at best, misguided, and the main reason is because of the underlying products.

The dubious nature of these products makes them hard to market anyway, but it seems that MLM is used almost invariable for marketing dubious products, leading to the bad impression we all get from MLM as a whole. My point is this: focus on the product itself, not the marketing schemes.

Status
Not open for further replies.