MLM, the black sheeps

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a guy "A" in my ite class. He told us his friend told him to go MLM. A said he can make $10K a month, more than uni grad. So he quitted school, say school useless. Why study when you can make money. Can early retire. That's what he said. That's what MLMers always say.

Turn the clock forward a few months. He had left school to do MLM full time. He mad no money or less than $100 a month. And he's still inside thinking the can make 10K one day. He left school, now doesn't have a proper paper qualification... The lengths MLM go to to CONvince people that MLM is the 'perfect' job.

maybe he heard wrongly... is it 10k rupiah ? :bsmilie:

remember Gold 90.5 FM advertisment ? "... maybe one day your son will hold the racket like a legacy... " :bsmilie:

*OT on*
legacy = Agassi
*OT off*

All driven by greed; unfortunately, and a lot of people become sheep when the lure of easy money is dangled in the face.

maybe he heard wrongly... is it 10k rupiah ? :bsmilie:

Ha! I always wanted to shoot MLM ppl with that. If there's another chance I'll show no mercy and fire away. :devil:

No idea where Mr A is now... Probably in army.

About earning money. Many people I know are in mlm. At least 2 ex classmates, even my uncles and aunts some of them are inside. Even 2 of my classmates actually DEFENDED the mlm after I criticized it.... all after listening to one seminar by some MLM who prides itself as able to afford rent in 'Shenton Way'. :bsmilie:

Crazy brainwashing and pyschology. Everytime an upline says something positive, many people in the auditorium will go "YES!!!!" "DUI!!!" "WOOOO!!!", the whole audi echoing with every crazy shout. Crazy clapping. All the glorifiying 'manager' posts. From simi 'manager' to 'BM - biz manager (i think is Bodoh Manager'), SDM, GDM, simi M here M there. All the over glorification to let people think "I'm a manager at age 20". :thumbsd: I think some can't even manage themselves. 'Manager' just by being upline and slave master? And what's with all the loud booming music at seminars? Making people deaf? And how MLM "can change people's lives", can "enhance you as a person"? Yes it changed me... I'm now a harsh critique of the MLM, showing no mercy.

In CS it's still fine. Pop over to sgforums. There is like a warzone. 20 people shooting down mlm with the one or two mlm employee desperately posting in defence of their own pathetic operation. Some even register just to shoot back. And what's more they vanish when a very 'solid' arguement comes. Haha!

All the people shouting in the auditorium are nothing but people planted by the MLM company to "hype" up the proceedings.

People tend to follow the majority; just like how most people assume a makan place is good because there's a long queue; or how we comment that "that restaurant must be good because it is so crowded".

I'd like to see an MLM person convince me though... should be good entertainment. :bsmilie:

All the people shouting in the auditorium are nothing but people planted by the MLM company to "hype" up the proceedings.

People tend to follow the majority; just like how most people assume a makan place is good because there's a long queue; or how we comment that "that restaurant must be good because it is so crowded".

I'd like to see an MLM person convince me though... should be good entertainment. :bsmilie:

I've been dragged to mlm twice. First time I didn't know, 2nd time cos I can't be bothered, and they kept changing topic. If ever there is a 3rd time someone tries to drag me in, I'll show my wrath. :devil:

Even a simple "you can make 10K a month" or similiar thingy would cause the seniors to erupt in hysterical clapping. Saying "you must be lively", all the 'motivation' thingy. They only motivate you so you sell more, so they can squeeze more money out of you. Tapping on the circle of friends and even some people having to put on an act, a false facade for a few months just to drag people in. The tactics by Venture Era and Enyouth agents can be despicable.

Venturing into the wrong era I'll say. Forcing people to stay for a 'presentation' and a 'business proposal' with the Bodoh Manager who's only a year older than me and not even confident of convincing me. HA!!! Priding themselves with "we can afford rent at Shenton Way" crap. Typical also, LOTS of excuses i can think a million ways to shoot down.

En Old? Using old tactics. "You'll know when you get there" Bla bla bla... introducing "business associates" rather then "friends". I ask what business, everyone tries to knock the topic away or give vague answers like "you'll know later". So I sms-ed my friend and asked her to help me do a background check on the company. When I asked the 'Managers' they have this stunned look on their faces for few seconds. One agent Miss Hong XY said wanted to introduce someone to me (HUH?!) and I ended up sitting at some bloody seminar with hysterical people screaming, clapping at everytime the seniors say something good. How? I slipped away! Just sneaked off suddenly. Don't even bother paying for the seminar. Wtf? Earn 20K a month? When I asked Hong how much she earns, she said "forgot, never check". Hong gang ah! Dunno how much you earn? Or too paiseh to say? Or never earned anything? :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Out to recruit me? Never.

Live and learn.. :)

I still believe in the more "traditional" way of earning a living. ;p

No doubt many suffered. Though I am not in MLM ( I slog for a living), I've to admit that there are the minority who succeeded.

I've a young friend who just bought a bmw 5 series. I asked myself what I was doing when I was his age.

Amazing for those who managed to climb to the top.

No doubt many suffered. Though I am not in MLM ( I slog for a living), I've to admit that there are the minority who succeeded.

I've a young friend who just bought a bmw 5 series. I asked myself what I was doing when I was his age.

Those who go on stage to boast how well they succeed is based on the multitude of downlines their feet are resting on. However, the lower the downline, the worse they get. In mlm, they cannot stop recruiting. the moment they stop, they begin to dip. Once they lose an important leg, the pyramid gets lobsided and they need to fill in to balance it up.

The audience claps and chants to the rhytm.... as if world cup with a flag.

I know a key guy who starts such pyramid for a living in msia. He creates bubbles and let his men run them. Blows it up real big and sells it (or dissolves it) when it is ripe. He is the one laughing his way to the bank. And the secret to his success? "Charge your men everyweek by uplifting their spirit; steer them to their goals; now, make them some real $!" :eek:

My first experience with mlm was in the states in the early 90s. A brand called Marlie K or something.

I attended a talk with my gf. When I reached there, I was the only male in the hall. There were some 60 housewives shouting and screaming at the top of their lungs, celebrating freedom by being able to make their own living. The speaker condemn american men and the ladies cheered as they felt they were free from the bondage of the "beer head" and "mcp" at home!

I felt so disgusted during the meeting! Being the only asain couple in the meeting, I guess I was transparent since they only condemn the white males.

It was not called MLM then. I guess it was not popular at that time. But all I can say is its a very powerful session evoking emotion and charging up individuals with skewed thoughts.

u envy his BMW ? Behind those 4 wheels, it comes with many untold disappointments, broken friendships and credit debts of countless people.. thinK !

BMW ? so what ? come here naked, go back naked ! only deeds good or bad will be judged ! :devil: A dollar can never be shared by two ! a dollar for one person, the other has to die... money is transferred from one to another.. there is no magic in making another dollar from nowhere.

My first experience with mlm was in the states in the early 90s. A brand called Marlie K or something.

I attended a talk with my gf. When I reached there, I was the only male in the hall. There were some 60 housewives shouting and screaming at the top of their lungs, celebrating freedom by being able to make their own living. The speaker condemn american men and the ladies cheered as they felt they were free from the bondage of the "beer head" and "mcp" at home!

I felt so disgusted during the meeting! Being the only asain couple in the meeting, I guess I was transparent since they only condemn the white males.

It was not called MLM then. I guess it was not popular at that time. But all I can say is its a very powerful session evoking emotion and charging up individuals with skewed thoughts.

All the mlms have lots of motivation talks, say to change lives... Ultimately is to make you the 'slave' sell more to feed your upline 'master'.

Chances of success is low. It's not even a fixed income, why the 'financial freedom'? :bsmilie:

Companies can collapse, boss can fire you. But isn't mlm a company too? :bsmilie:

let's start our own MLM scheme and sit on top! =D

All the mlms have lots of motivation talks, say to change lives... Ultimately is to make you the 'slave' sell more to feed your upline 'master'.

Chances of success is low. It's not even a fixed income, why the 'financial freedom'? :bsmilie:

Companies can collapse, boss can fire you. But isn't mlm a company too? :bsmilie:

be very careful, nowadays they preferred new memberships rather than sales of products.

Why so ? becos new memberships will bring in one time huge chunk of purchase during the recruitment, not only u got the sales done by the newbie's initial investment but also a new person under u to do the same thing as u do. Scary rite ? :eek:

when the newbie cannot make it, they will abandon him or her and look for new members, apply the same idea of good money to influence their thinking. :confused:

be very careful, nowadays they preferred new memberships rather than sales of products.

Why so ? becos new memberships will bring in one time huge chunk of purchase during the recruitment, not only u got the sales done by the newbie's initial investment but also a new person under u to do the same thing as u do. Scary rite ? :eek:

when the newbie cannot make it, they will abandon him or her and look for new members, apply the same idea of good money to influence their thinking. :confused:

I'm suprised people still believe in the logic of the concept of the system.
It sounds perfect on the exterior, but it's just a pretty picture painted on a lousy canvas.

I'm suprised people still believe in the logic of the concept of the system.
It sounds perfect on the exterior, but it's just a pretty picture painted on a lousy canvas.

Greed can be very motivating...

Status
Not open for further replies.