MLM tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.

redstone

I just have to post this. Cos it's just so funny and sound desperate. There's some boliao guy from the notorious mlm company, VE mass messaging random people on Friendster network asking them if they want to "work part time". That's so desperate. And yes he was flooded by comments from angry people. Saying stuff in his profile like youth is an asset, money money, drive car, success, etc.
:sweatsm:

This is my 3rd bad encounter from agents of this company. :bsmilie:

I just have to post this. Cos it's just so funny and sound desperate. There's some boliao guy from the notorious mlm company, VE mass messaging random people on Friendster network asking them if they want to "work part time". That's so desperate. And yes he was flooded by comments from angry people. Saying stuff in his profile like youth is an asset, money money, drive car, success, etc.

Simple. I get that too. I just tell him I started a MLM Company teaching people how to avoid MLM. ;)

Simple. I get that too. I just tell him I started a MLM Company teaching people how to avoid MLM. ;)

It's modern slavery. Giving people false hopes, telling half truths and whole lies.

Oh, and the cars they claim to drive? It's not theirs, it belongs to the company, for "image" purposes. And guess what? Almost everyone's a manager in there!

Psychological tactic:

1) Make you question your future

2) Say bad things about your future

3) Make you think your dream job is
worthless

4 ) Knowing ur morale's been hit down by
steps 1-3, they assure u there's a way
out. (Builds up trust)

5) Say "do biz", don't work. Benefits of
"starting own biz"

6) Says stuff like $$$ more impt, etc

7) Gives emples of ppl having few K in
income, car, etc.

8 ) Intros u to the slave world of mlm,
where few succeed

:bsmilie:

there's a lot these days from MLMs and Insurance.

Just few months ago, i had a fren who kept pestering me from SMS to MSN chats, keep inviting me to talk about financial planning. I told him that mine is done by another agent liao but he kept insisting he is better lah, more honest lah, more caring lah... which is all bullshit talk.

Worst of all, he claimed to be as good a Warren Buffet and he knew nothing much about financial markets when i tested him. In fact, he lied about his personal investments when i started to dig his stuff out. I will not disclose where he's from but i am just feel sad looking at him being so desperate for sales and commissions.

Frens, be very careful. Your best fren can be your worst enemy when money is the objective. I lost this 10 years of friendship becos my best fren lied and sweet talk just to influence people buy his insurance plans.

Sure way to make a few richer , many poorer. MLM is not suitable for everyone. I find alot of MLM products are more expansive than equivalent retail. It gives perception that you are in the business , but most people are in the "business" of buying products from these companies instead of earning incomes.

It's modern slavery. Giving people false hopes, telling half truths and whole lies.

Oh, and the cars they claim to drive? It's not theirs, it belongs to the company, for "image" purposes. And guess what? Almost everyone's a manager in there!

Psychological tactic:

1) Make you question your future

2) Say bad things about your future

3) Make you think your dream job is
worthless

4 ) Knowing ur morale's been hit down by
steps 1-3, they assure u there's a way
out. (Builds up trust)

5) Say "do biz", don't work. Benefits of
"starting own biz"

6) Says stuff like $$$ more impt, etc

7) Gives emples of ppl having few K in
income, car, etc.

8 ) Intros u to the slave world of mlm,
where few succeed

:bsmilie:

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Good advice.

A friend of mine joined MLM company immediately after poly. He spent 5 ~ 6 of his youth

selling overpiced products like magnetic bed (help regulate ur magnetic fields in ur

body :confused:), lucky braclets, slimming products. At one time, he even managed to

chunk up 50K sales in a month....

in the end, I am not sure what happened but he left the company and went into other

industry.

there's a lot these days from MLMs and Insurance.

Just few months ago, i had a fren who kept pestering me from SMS to MSN chats, keep inviting me to talk about financial planning. I told him that mine is done by another agent liao but he kept insisting he is better lah, more honest lah, more caring lah... which is all bullshit talk.

Worst of all, he claimed to be as good a Warren Buffet and he knew nothing much about financial markets when i tested him. In fact, he lied about his personal investments when i started to dig his stuff out. I will not disclose where he's from but i am just feel sad looking at him being so desperate for sales and commissions.

Frens, be very careful. Your best fren can be your worst enemy when money is the objective. I lost this 10 years of friendship becos my best fren lied and sweet talk just to influence people buy his insurance plans.

Typical.

MLM, there's no basic pay, but once you have pay and it's high, it can get quite high.

Let's put it this way.

Initial investment: canvas, easle, paints, brushes (say not more than $100)
Activity: Painting
Possible sales: USD80 million (current record for most expensive painting by living artist)

So, let's invest in the glorious world of the grand arts, embrace the spirit of painting and retire early! :sweatsm:

LOL... I never like to deal with MLMs. No that I am biases.... but they normally try to sell me something which I dun really need and at a very high price too. On top of that... I see the the rules and policies in MLM is not really something one can make income out of unless you are the person sitting on the top. :D

Sure way to make a few richer , many poorer. MLM is not suitable for everyone. I find alot of MLM products are more expansive than equivalent retail. It gives perception that you are in the business , but most people are in the "business" of buying products from these companies instead of earning incomes.

do u know how much they sell their toothpaste ? $18 per tube.

do u know how much they sell their shower cream ? $42 per bottle.

grr... don't remind me. there was once a fellow Christian friend of mine got into MLM and tried to preach how MLM is very Christian-like because it's evangelistic in nature bla bla bla. I almost wanted to slap him round a few times and when I told him I don't agree with MLM, he tried to "correct my trespasses and teach me" instead...

Nowadays... I run... far far away... from MLM people...

There was another time when I was in Starbucks with my colleague and client, and there was this MLM guy trying to sell the idea of MLM business to some lady. We felt so tempted to pass her a warning message... in the end we opened an anti-MLM website on one of our notebooks and left it there for everyone to see while we continue our discussion :p The lady didn't see it but the MLM dude saw it and stopped to do a double take :p

do u know how much they sell their toothpaste ? $18 per tube.

do u know how much they sell their shower cream ? $42 per bottle.

icon8.gif

Overpiced sia..

Some of these agents even try to convince family members of cancer patients that their

products can cure cancer :thumbsd:

Monthly supply of such health supplements can cost around few hundreds to 1K +

grr... don't remind me. there was once a fellow Christian friend of mine got into MLM and tried to preach how MLM is very Christian-like because it's evangelistic in nature bla bla bla. I almost wanted to slap him round a few times and when I told him I don't agree with MLM, he tried to "correct my trespasses and teach me" instead...

Nowadays... I run... far far away... from MLM people...

There was another time when I was in Starbucks with my colleague and client, and there was this MLM guy trying to sell the idea of MLM business to some lady. We felt so tempted to pass her a warning message... in the end we opened an anti-MLM website on one of our notebooks and left it there for everyone to see while we continue our discussion :p The lady didn't see it but the MLM dude saw it and stopped to do a double take :p

Oh one thing... The seniors there had all be elevated and idolised to almost a god-like state. Lots of brainwashing. I've seen people shoot me back when I told them the perils of MLM.... only after listening to one "presentation". The "seminars' are all overly high charged, overly enthusiastic, idolising the seniors. All the crazy cheering, etc. All had been brainwashed into this cult.

I've posted in almost all possible revenues online to warn people about mlm. Yes, you can say I'm anti MLM. I've been tricked 2 times into listening to some stupid MLM talks and I laugh at the way some people fall for it. So far, 4 bad encounters and couting.

icon8.gif

Overpiced sia..

Some of these agents even try to convince family members of cancer patients that their

products can cure cancer :thumbsd:

Monthly supply of such health supplements can cost around few hundreds to 1K +

.. they even sell mooncakes.

Dun ask me how they managed to keep them in warehouse for so long.

.. they even sell mooncakes.

Dun ask me how they managed to keep them in warehouse so long.

I wonder , when will they sell DSLR ? imagine the price ...

Oh one thing... The seniors there had all be elevated and idolised to almost a god-like state. Lots of brainwashing. I've seen people shoot me back when I told them the perils of MLM.... only after listening to one "presentation". The "seminars' are all overly high charged, overly enthusiastic, idolising the seniors. All the crazy cheering, etc. All had been brainwashed into this cult.

I've posted in almost all possible revenues online to warn people about mlm. Yes, you can say I'm anti MLM. I've been tricked 2 times into listening to some stupid MLM talks and I laugh at the way some people fall for it. So far, 4 bad encounters and couting.

Oh yes, I do agree with the "elevation" thing. That particular acquaintance of mine (sadly he was my former co-worker so I bore the brunt of it) was so brainwashed that when there was a so-called "Leadership" weekend seminar, he tried to invite me and literally said (verbatim), "Very good speaker! Must go!!! Nigerian!!!"

Have you heard of this website and an ebook called Merchants of Deception? It's written by a former Amway guy. http://www.merchantsofdeception.com/ Quite a good read.

Saw a branch at shawn centre... they conduct such presentations quite frequently.

U can even hear their "shouting" and "screaming" in neighbouring stores.

Oh yes, I do agree with the "elevation" thing. That particular acquaintance of mine (sadly he was my former co-worker so I bore the brunt of it) was so brainwashed that when there was a so-called "Leadership" weekend seminar, he tried to invite me and literally said (verbatim), "Very good speaker! Must go!!! Nigerian!!!"

Have you heard of this website and an ebook called Merchants of Deception? It's written by a former Amway guy. http://www.merchantsofdeception.com/ Quite a good read.

Oh you should see the antics of a the company Enyouth. The seminars are absolutely crazy. Cheering as if Singapore had won World Cup Final. ;( All the "YES!!!" "YEA!!!" "DUI!!!" "WOOO!!"

It's all "feel good" tactics. Once you've risen above newbie rank, you're bestowed the rank "manager". Almost everyone is a manager there. The rub your ego, make you feel important, etc. If only they channel this energy to a social welfare group.

do u know why so many people are willing to try it ? it is becos life is getting expensive, cost of living is getting bigger, so people are desperate for some hopes or solutions..

morever, life in Singapore can be dull, many people are constantly seeking for excitement and thrills.

Status
Not open for further replies.