Mju 1030SW or 795SW or 790SW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone both the 1030SW recently? How much you bought it and where? :)

Thanks.

Hi, owners of 1030sw... I saw that they hav a housing for the this model, wats the function for since by itself is oredi waterproof. Wif this extra housing can go more than 10m? Please advise... I getting this soon...

With the housing, you can reach depths of 40 metres. However, it might not be readily available in Singapore.

Got it 1030SW at SITEX $649
Free gifts: 4 pcs 4GB MicroSDHC cards, 2 Batts, Ultra Fine Micro Fiber Cleaning Cloth, Mini Tripod, Screen Protector, OLYMPUS soft case and Multi card reader.

New to Olympus; just wonder if XD- card work better than MicroSD card?:dunno:

Free gifts: 4 pcs 4GB MicroSDHC cards, 2 Batts, Ultra Fine Micro Fiber Cleaning Cloth, Mini Tripod, Screen Protector, OLYMPUS soft case and Multi card reader.

Thanks for the info Mugenzim.. Same price as courts but I think you got extra 2 pcs of 4GB at Sitex :)

Got everything the same as you including price... But was given 6 pcs 4GB MicroSDHC cards.
The extra 2 were the extra gift, did not even ask for it. Bought Sat ard 3pm...

anyone knows the price at our local camera shops like AP, mscolor? not keen on the gifts.. i just want lower price ;-)

Got the 1030sw from Cathay for $590, which included 3 additional Olympus 2GB XD cards and a spare battery.

Synergyworld said:
Originally Posted by Synergyworld
Just got this baby, haven't have a chance to try it in the water yet. But something I dislike that the video mode at VGA (640x480) 30fps can only record up to 10 seconds???......Just find that it is stupid!
... hey, that's a camera not video camera...
Sure, but the point is that 10 second limit for 640x480 @ 30fps makes the Olympuses worse than average in this respect, compared to other current compact digital cameras.
Panasonic DMC TS1 has comparable ruggedness, and is able to record 30fps 720p video, seems like limited to 2GB or something.
The 10-second limit is a deal-breaker for me, but maybe my application is unusual.

Can anyone confirm any length limit for 640x480@30fps for the newer Olympus tough models? The 8000, 6000?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.