Mju 1030SW or 795SW or 790SW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do feedback on your findings. I'm keen to buy this camera.

Well, I can say that this is a solid camera! Although nite shots without flash is abit dissppointing but hey there are some other features that out do night shots.

What i like is the solid body, small and compact and most importantly waterproof!
You would not regret for getting this camera. Not sure about other PnS camera now adays but this can adjust the EV.

The images produced are not bad either. Video is good. I will upload some video youtube when I got the time.

Well, I can say that this is a solid camera! Although nite shots without flash is abit dissppointing but hey there are some other features that out do night shots.

What i like is the solid body, small and compact and most importantly waterproof!
You would not regret for getting this camera. Not sure about other PnS camera now adays but this can adjust the EV.

The images produced are not bad either. Video is good. I will upload some video youtube when I got the time.

Thanks, dude :thumbsup:

The all weather built is why I'm considering this camera. Basically, I'm using this as my spare camera as I already own a DSLR. Sometime I'm just too lazy to bring out my DSLR especially with children and just don't want to miss the shots. My children can also use it since it can stand abuse. My initial concern was the limitation in the recording duration and XD card format. However, now I have realize that it could record up to the size of the media with the latest firmware and it could use MicroSD. I'm more or less getting this camera. Probably, I just need your help to confirmed on this. Thanks in advance. :D

Do feedback on your findings. I'm keen to buy this camera.

It's confirmed. With 1.1 firmware, it can record video till the memory card is filled up, even with microSD card using with the supplied adaptor. The only XD advantage is for the pano shot. I tell u if you ever try those mode, u will simply love it!

It's confirmed. With 1.1 firmware, it can record video till the memory card is filled up, even with microSD card using with the supplied adaptor. The only XD advantage is for the pano shot. I tell u if you ever try those mode, u will simply love it!

Thanks, Dude :thumbsup:

Actually today saw at Audio House selling $399 for 850SW....good price? but thinking of getting 1030SW for its wide angle but almost $250 more..

but the 28mm wide makes a lot of difference.

Ya still prefer the 28mm but hopefully there a drop in price during the show at the end of the month....but $399 really a good price for 850SW...

By the way these cameras do not have image stabilization right? The lady told me have but I check dpreview say don't have.....hmmm

Ya still prefer the 28mm but hopefully there a drop in price during the show at the end of the month....but $399 really a good price for 850SW...

By the way these cameras do not have image stabilization right? The lady told me have but I check dpreview say don't have.....hmmm

It increase the ISO (sensitivity) to compensate movement. Maybe "1200SW" can squeeze in everything in that tiny flat body.

Got the 850SW for one of my sons. It is a nice camera but the 1030 is better. It has better zoom range, closer macro and I think better optics as well. The fact that it has more MP is a disadvantage IMO.

The image quality is very good for both of them, but all depends on ones expectations. I compare it with the E-3 but not expecting the same quality. Some people expect P&S to perform like s dSLR, I don't. I also have an SP570 in my home and that is even better than the P&S for obvious reasons. On the other hand, only the 850SW is submergable in my home, so under water that is the best camera. Great fun to use.

Does the Olympus boutique sells the xD card adapter tat uses micro SD card? If i have one then i can use it on my Olympus dSLR... I sent an email to Olympus Singapore but no reply since a week ago.

So have they moved to Valley Point yet?

Does the Olympus boutique sells the xD card adapter tat uses micro SD card? If i have one then i can use it on my Olympus dSLR... I sent an email to Olympus Singapore but no reply since a week ago.

So have they moved to Valley Point yet?

You sure with the adaptor, it can make micro SD usable in Olympus dSLR? I thought this feature is only for recent compacts only, anything later than 1030SW? Not sure also.

Bro, I bought a 1030sw. My camera is having the Ver 1.1. But, not able to record 30fps, VGA up to the capacity of the microSDHC 4GB and microSD 1GB. Both are Sandisk.

Can help to verify?

I have the 1030SW.

Its worth spending more to get the wider 28mm.

I cannot record at 640x480 for more than 10 secs. Apparently you need the H or M+ XD cards (not available in Singapore) with higher read/write speeds. Upgrading firmware does not help.

I am disappointed that the 1050Sw cannot only do 38mm at the widest. That is a handicap. I'll stick with my 1030SW for now.

Last edited:
Hi, owners of 1030sw... I saw that they hav a housing for the this model, wats the function for since by itself is oredi waterproof. Wif this extra housing can go more than 10m? Please advise... I getting this soon...

You sure with the adaptor, it can make micro SD usable in Olympus dSLR? I thought this feature is only for recent compacts only, anything later than 1030SW? Not sure also.
The MASD1 works only with cameras which is designed for, not in any dSLR. It does not make a Micro SD into an xD, it is even of a different shape actually even with the adapter. xD and Micro SD are completely different type of memory, the adapter must be regarded as a separate memory slot and not as a converter to xD.

Just a test on this 1030SW at this speedy season!

2894065846_ddc60e72a2_b.jpg

Let's add another one today, but didn't know he could be the winner!

2895569524_2440332ebc_b.jpg

All Straight from the CAMERA! No edit, no crop. Power of the 1030SW!

Last edited:
Bro, I bought a 1030sw. My camera is having the Ver 1.1. But, not able to record 30fps, VGA up to the capacity of the microSDHC 4GB and microSD 1GB. Both are Sandisk.

Can help to verify?

Downloads Available:
microSD Firmware Version 1.1

* Now supports movie recording on 4 GB and higher microSDHC cards. *1, *2
* Using an xD-Picture Card TypeM+ or TypeH, you can now continuously record movies with VGA quality (640 x 480) 30 fps up to the capacity of the card. *2

*1. If movies have already been recorded with current firmware (1.0) on a 4 GB or higher microSDHC card, the contents of the card should be backed up to a PC. Then, please format the card using the camera. Please note that formatting deletes all data stored on the card, including images and data recorded using other devices.

*2. The maximum movie length is limited to 29-minutes per movie. Using Type M, standard xD-Picture Card, micorSD/microSDHC card, or the camera's internal memory, the maximum recording length per movie is limited to 10 seconds with VGA/30 fps movie mode. All other movie modes allow up to 29-minutes of recording time per movie.

Click here to view VGA movie recording times.

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_support_downloads.asp?id=1363&os=w

Status
Not open for further replies.