MIT students take pictures in Space using USD$150 rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what will happen if the rig accidently hit or cause damage to people or property :sweat:.
They really should do this only in very isolated place.

This is cool. Shows that photography is about imagination and not just gears. A picture starts in the mind.

Glad I didn't sell my A470. I think I should try it one of these days. Anyone knows if it is legal to launch it from Singapore?

Glad I didn't sell my A470. I think I should try it one of these days. Anyone knows if it is legal to launch it from Singapore?
Have you consider where it will land? In the sea or Malaysia?

I can't control the wind. Even if I do my homework, the higher one may decide to throw my camera into the sea. :bsmilie: I'm not Malaysian so launching it in JB may earn me a free stay under their ISA for spying. I hope to launch this in Singapore though, although I'm a little concerned about the Airforce / Navy picking this up on their radar and shooting a 200 bucks camera with a few thoudsand dollars worth of ammunition and man-hours.

What do you guys think. Lanch okay or need to reconsider saving 200 bucks? :dunno:

These can only happen in the western countries. In Singapore, everything you want to experiment is illegal and so our kids are told not to try anything even if they have some bright ideas to experiment. So actually we cant blame our kids for being only exam-smart!
BTW, it is illegal to launch anything into the Singapore sky .... :dunno:

These can only happen in the western countries. In Singapore, everything you want to experiment is illegal and so our kids are told not to try anything even if they have some bright ideas to experiment. So actually we cant blame our kids for being only exam-smart!

Er....how about flying kite ? :think:

What about Launching it in JB and picking it up in Singapore?
Sikali our generals give the ok to launch our missiles at Danga Bay, etc when the cam is landing at the Padang ..... :bsmilie::sweatsm:

sad isn't it? a future run by robots thinking...

Er....how about flying kite ? :think:
it's ok if the kites, hobby-aircraft and balloons you are referring are toys. If the agencies felt that your toys are too sophisticated, you are in trouble .... industrial size kites, balloons, aircraft toys can go very high up. Fear of terrorism, fear of interference of signals, traffic, etc..... all kinds of fear by our agencies....:dunno:

it's ok if the kites, hobby-aircraft and balloons you are referring are toys. If the agencies felt that your toys are too sophisticated, you are in trouble .... industrial size kites, balloons, aircraft toys can go very high up. Fear of terrorism, fear of interference of signals, traffic, etc..... all kinds of fear by our agencies....:dunno:

Actually , once I want to try to fix a camera on a magic arm which fix onto the RC helicopter from my RC friend. Planning to take pictures around my neighbourhood high in the sky. But drop the idea. The helicopter can't take the weight of the equipments. I should have used lighter materials. :think:.

But I do try to take pictures from a RC CAR. The images. :thumbsup:

I think if the folks decide to shoot my 200 buck cam off the air, it'll be one of those most ironical looping joke of the year.

I pay tax (GST and others) when buying the cam. I fly a ballon. The folks whose salaries are paid partly by my tax flys a chooper or plane to shoot it down with rounds paid by my tax again. I end up with no point and shoot camera. Then I go buy a new cam, inculdes GST tax again. :bsmilie:

Anyway, how can I legally let go a ballon? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.