Missing camera & lenses (left in a taxi)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leith1978

Nov 2, 2006
csers,

i'm currently missing my nikon DSLR and 3 lenses, was accidentally left on taxi friday, 23 nov 2007,
called the taxi company but no good news yet.

if anyone got info on it please send me sms to my mobile: +62811823248, or PM me
regards,
indra

Sorry to hear about the bad news.

Did you get the taxi number, description of the driver etc?

I suggest you call the respective Taxi company and see if it was return to their lost and found. Hope you can get it back. Next time always check the cab before you leave.

I suggest you call the respective Taxi company and see if it was return to their lost and found. Hope you can get it back. Next time always check the cab before you leave.
he did mention that he called the taxi company.

Highly unlikely you'll recover it back. Might not be the cab driver's fault but if he didn't know about and another passenger hops on and gets off with the bag :dunno: that's it..

hope you'll recover your stuff soon.

Sorry to hear about this.

Can list the model of camera and lens?

@chngpe01
thanks for moving this thread here

i called two taxi company with similiar identification (black/dark taxi) .i didn't sure what taxi company i jumped in back then, and no receipt either.
and yanyewkay is right.. any passenger after me could have taken that bag

uh.. i just want my ZF lens back @_@;
still hoping :)

There is a lost and found thread at "buy and sell". See if you can add it there or pm a moderator to help you.

Good luck.

At least give us the model of the DSLR, type of lens and the serial number of the missing items so that the CS members can be on the lookout for people trying to sell on the Buy and sell here.

csers,

i'm currently missing my nikon DSLR and 3 lenses, was accidentally left on taxi friday, 23 nov 2007,
called the taxi company but no good news yet.

if anyone got info on it please send me sms to my mobile: +62811823248, or PM me
regards,
indra

"Hope is the denial of reality"-- Raistlin Majere, "Dragonlance"

This thread is started by the TS to seek any help from CS members to look out for his lost camera.

Now if you have nothing good to do or say just keep quiet. No point trying to quote some other people opinion of hope etc . They are not great prophets, Gods or leaders that we in CS have to believe every words these people say.

Please note the term of use here.
http://clubsnap.com/forums/showpost.php?p=554604&postcount=1
"1. Be Nice and Be Civilised - abusing, name-calling, personal attacks on members and/or generally trying to stir up trouble will not be tolerated. Be kind to newbies as they may not know the general flow of the forums. Repeated violation of this rule will result in banishment. "

I find your 2 posts here are "NOT Nice" at all, hence I am giving you an infraction.

chngpe, I hope this is not an infractionable posting, but I just wanted to let the TS know to be very vigilent, and that there are a few honest people around.

I once carelessly left my wallet filled with cash and cards at an amusement center. Upon realising that I had left it behind on one of the games, I told myself "Die lah, gone already", but still went back to check. Nope, it was no longer there, and I was about to leave when I passed the coin changing counter and told myself, "Can't loose anything by asking", and lo and behold, they asked me for details of the wallet and when I provided it, they returned the wallet. A teenager had returned it!

More specifically related to the loss in the cab, make a police report for the record, and keep that report safely. If you have photographs, warranty cards, receipts ... anything, zerox those and attach them to the police report.

I did just that when I left some expensive equipment in a cab once, and a few years later, a friend (unknowingly) bought the same exact items from Cash Converter, right down to the bag that contained everything, and wanted to show it to me to ask for opinions about the equipment.

Needless to say, I called the police to track the seller, and all the old police reports, copied documents and photographs were instrumental in proving that the equipment belogned to me. After about 2 months of investigations, I got every single item back safely.

Be realistic in your hopes, but take care of necessary paper-work including police reports - you never know when you might need them.

Take care.

wow, Dream Merchant, that is very encouraging:thumbsup:
hope you'll recover your items in time to come, leith1978! :)

Yeah, but that doesn't include the many numerous times I did loose my wallet and stuff and never got anything back! :bsmilie:

Yeah, but that doesn't include the many numerous times I did loose my wallet and stuff and never got anything back! :bsmilie:
Well, at least it proves that there's still hope in this world. Not totally hopeless situation.:)

Actually Singaporeans aren't that bad. I remembered reading sometime back that generally, if you loose a wallet or something valuable, there's a moderate chance of getting it back in SG as compared to some other countries. But in cabs ... with electronics ... and cab drivers .. and other passengers ... oh well. The nature of leaving something behind in a cab is such that it invites opportunity. Dark, lonely surroundings with no one in sight. Virtually zero ways to trace and link back ... It could make a thief out of an honest person.

Sorry to hear about your loss leith1978. Hope you get some good news soon.

Some taxi drivers are very nice - dropped my mobile phone in a cab once (after a late night session) and didn't realise it until the next morning. Used a friend's mobile to make some missed calls to the phone. Eventually got a call back from the cabbie, met up with him and got my phone back - he didn't want any reward, but bought him lunch as a thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.