Missing and corrupted file on Transcend 4GB 120X CF used in Canon 300D

Status
Not open for further replies.

friends

Sep 13, 2004
Hi Everyone;

I am facing a problem using the Transcend 4GB 120X Compact flash card on my Canon 300D.

After the few shot, the photo in the Transcend 4GB card is being corrupted or gone missing.

Please advice:
1. Is there anyone face the same problem in Transcend 4GB CF card?
2. How to solve the problem? ( I have send to transcend for replace but it did not work for other of their card)

Thank you.

Hi Everyone;

I am facing a problem using the Transcend 4GB 120X Compact flash card on my Canon 300D.

After the few shot, the photo in the Transcend 4GB card is being corrupted or gone missing.

Please advice:
1. Is there anyone face the same problem in Transcend 4GB CF card?
2. How to solve the problem? ( I have send to transcend for replace but it did not work for other of their card)

Thank you.

Please feedback again on this..- dun frighten me. I got 1 8G and 1 4g, intend to use them for my coming huangshan trip!!

Please feedback again on this..- dun frighten me. I got 1 8G and 1 4g, intend to use them for my coming huangshan trip!!

I had format the card. This is a high speed card. I am using on the Canon 300D. I had it before I made my trip to haungshan in Dec 06. It failed. This is why I send out to find out is there any other user facing the same problem. I have send 2 X to Memory world who sold it to me for the warranty.

The 1st time, it is 1 to 1 exchange, the 2nd, it has taken 3 weeks and yet it has not return the card to me.

Please advice:

1. What camera are you using?
2. What is the band of CF card are you using? Scandisk....

Hope to hearing from you.

regards. Friends

Camera to Used: D200

CF Card : Transcend 120X 8G + 4 G (fr friend). + Sandisk Extreme II 4G. (also have 2 nos of Seagate 8G microdrive - but dun intend to use, hence got the transcend 8G).

(had a bad experience with 'lost image' in Nov' 06 at Suzhou - it was with my D70 and it turn out that my D70 card reader was at fault. But lost a good deal of my shots - and cannot-fail Murphy's law applied - few 'important' moments' were lost)

{touchwood - over the CNY holiday - so far so good!)

Hi;

I can understand the painful experience when the CF card failed to record the moment or lost all the lovely picture.....

I believe that Nikon D200 should be able to go well with the Transcend 120X 4G and 8G CF Card. Please tested both the card before bring it to the holiday trip. If it failed here, you can always get to memory world to sort it out.

I am lucky as I did bring along the medium format camera for the holiday trip when the CF card failed to operate.

Just bring along a film camera alone, it will produce faithful picture.

Now, I have to sort out the issue with the Memory world on the Transcend 120X 4G CF card. It has been already coming closely to 3 weeks already....
I hope that they will return another CF card to me quickly else I will have to spend momey to purchase another card. It is a waste of money.

Camera to Used: D200

CF Card : Transcend 120X 8G + 4 G (fr friend). + Sandisk Extreme II 4G. (also have 2 nos of Seagate 8G microdrive - but dun intend to use, hence got the transcend 8G).

(had a bad experience with 'lost image' in Nov' 06 at Suzhou - it was with my D70 and it turn out that my D70 card reader was at fault. But lost a good deal of my shots - and cannot-fail Murphy's law applied - few 'important' moments' were lost)

{touchwood - over the CNY holiday - so far so good!)

i think better to switch to sandisk or even kingston...at least they provide hassel-free one to one exchange

i think better to switch to sandisk or even kingston...at least they provide hassel-free one to one exchange

and also kingston elite pro (50x) is cheap n as fast write as sandisk ultra II

Hi eow;

Thank you. Do you have any experience on the RiData the 150X 4G Compact flash card? Is it good?

regards. Friends

Hi Drewdam;

Thank you. The Kingston elite pro is good. I am looking for a high speed card so as to prepare for the better camera (like canon 1D series) Is there any recomendation?
regards. friends.

and also kingston elite pro (50x) is cheap n as fast write as sandisk ultra II

Hi Drewdam;

Thank you. The Kingston elite pro is good. I am looking for a high speed card so as to prepare for the better camera (like canon 1D series) Is there any recomendation?
regards. friends.
get sandisk ultraII/extremeIII or IV and kingston ultimate... both sld do pretty good

Hi Drewdam;

regards. friends.

i only used ultra II and now tried elite pro ...and realise that the elite pro actuali write fast on my E500 than ultra II...since u have a better dslr, should get a higher speed to utlise it.

get sandisk ultraII/extremeIII or IV and kingston ultimate... both sld do pretty good

i will prefer elite pro over ultra II for the price reason with elite pro fast than ultra II unless the quality is an issue. u get 2 GB at the price of 1 GB of ultraII

Status
Not open for further replies.