Miss Universe finalist

sinned79

Jun 18, 2009
Singapore
www.dennislee.co
really no eyes see...

Source: Miss Singapore Universe 2012 unveils its finalists Photos | Miss Singapore Universe 2012 unveils its finalists Pictures - Yahoo! Entertainment Singapore

and one of the finalist, most XMM shooters should be familiar with her.... Melody. the model who likes to use contact lens to make herself look like a cartoon character. :sweat: and also, how can we let her represent SG? A model who has been doing lingerie shots? -_-"

Last edited:
who is melody??

lol @ the comments on yahoo!.

looks better here then the images in the first post link....

anyway the point is... i find it disgraceful to see a lingerie model representing Singapore.

Main pageant

The main Miss Universe Pageant, as of this writing, is held over a two week period in May and July. In the 1970s through the 1990s, the pageant was a month long. This allowed time for rehearsals, appearances, and the preliminary competition, with the winner being crowned by the previous year's titleholder during the final competition.

According to the organizers, the Miss Universe contest is more than a beauty pageant: women aspiring to become Miss Universe must be intelligent, well-mannered, and cultured. Often a candidate has lost because she did not have a good answer during the question responses rounds; although this section of competition has held less importance during recent pageants than it did in the twentieth century. Delegates also participate in swimsuit and evening gown competitions.

Currently, the final placement of the finalists is determined by a ranked vote, where each judge ranks each of the final three/five candidates, with the contestant posting the lowest cumulative score (thus often, but not necessarily always, the contestant with the most number one votes) becoming the winner. If there is a tie, the higher semifinal scores become decisive.

The winner is assigned a one-year contract with the Miss Universe Organization, going overseas to spread messages about the control of diseases, peace, and public awareness of AIDS. Since Donald Trump took over the pageant, the winner has been given the use of a Trump Tower apartment in New York City for use during her reign. If the winner, for any reason, cannot fulfill her duties as Miss Universe, the 1st runner-up takes over.

Aside from the main winner and her runners-up, special awards are also given to the winners of the best National Costume, Miss Photogenic, and Miss Congeniality. The Miss Congeniality award is chosen by the delegates themselves. In recent years, Miss Photogenic has been chosen by popular internet vote (the winner used to be chosen by media personnel covering the event).
Quote from : Miss Universe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

intelligent or cultured i dunno but being a lingerie model (even though no hanky panky) in the past i dun think she is well-mannered. dats why a smart famous model never do lingerie shots (unless its for those lingerie advertisement like wacoal etc) cos this past will haunts her back when she gets famous.

Well as a normal healthy man I don't have any objection about her being a lingerie model, but I do share the same concern with bro Sinned79 - a Miss Universe contestant better have a reasonably clean background..

Oh, and no artificially colored contact lens, please =)

Last edited:
Well as a normal healthy man I don't have any objection about her being a lingerie model, but I do share the same concern with bro Sinned79 - a Miss Universe contestant better have a reasonably clean background..

yeah, i have no concern if she is a lingerie model but representing SG? no way man! she isn't qualified to do so. unless she is one famous model taking up lingerie ads shots for the right reasons not a small time model doing lingerie shoots on Clubsnap.

i think SG deserves a better representative to represent SG.

anyway the point is... i find it disgraceful to see a lingerie model representing Singapore.
Quote from : Miss Universe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
intelligent or cultured i dunno but being a lingerie model (even though no hanky panky) in the past i dun think she is well-mannered. dats why a smart famous model never do lingerie shots (unless its for those lingerie advertisement like wacoal etc) cos this past will haunts her back when she gets famous.
Maybe you are just a wee bit old-fashioned? :) If that's what Singapore is about.. well, then you are right. Personally, I don't see any issues with lingerie. Even nude is not a killer criteria in my eyes. It's about beauty, finally. Any weekend on Sentosa shows more skin than most lingerie shoots. And to conclude from lingerie to manners .. a really long shot.

Good god I'm glad I already ate lunch before seeing these pictures.

Looks like all photos were taken by a poly student who just got a DSLR from daddy and is also reatouching eyes for the first time. All contestants look like Gu'auld from Stargate!!

suanne-braun-nel-ruolo-del-goa-uld-hathor-nell-episodio-il-sortilegio-di-hathor-della-serie-tv-stargate-sg-1-82912.jpg

Maybe you are just a wee bit old-fashioned? :) If that's what Singapore is about.. well, then you are right. Personally, I don't see any issues with lingerie. Even nude is not a killer criteria in my eyes. It's about beauty, finally. Any weekend on Sentosa shows more skin than most lingerie shoots. And to conclude from lingerie to manners .. a really long shot.

Yeah, and there's the swimsuit section too... :p

My main issue with her is that she is soooooo fake. From the worst possible false-color "turn me into an alien" contacts to the satay skewer eyelashes.

but she will win, because of her "assets". Seems to be the only important criteria in the last pageants.

haha yah, i am more conversative in this area... cos afterall it looks bad on Singapore to have a lingerie model (who used to work in pubs) to represent SG. the image is just not so good.
So where is our brainy babes?

Last edited:
really no eyes see...

Source: Miss Singapore Universe 2012 unveils its finalists Photos | Miss Singapore Universe 2012 unveils its finalists Pictures - Yahoo! Entertainment Singapore

and one of the finalist, most XMM shooters should be familiar with her.... Melody. the model who likes to use contact lens to make herself look like a cartoon character. :sweat: and also, how can we let her represent SG? A model who has been doing lingerie shots? -_-"

Why not ?

Next year, they allow transgender women to take part. They are desperate for beautiful women :bsmilie:

"Transgender women in Singapore will be able to compete for the title of fairest woman in the country along with naturally-born females from 2013"

haha yah, i am more conversative in this area... cos afterall it looks bad on Singapore to have a lingerie model (who used to work in pubs) to represent SG. the image is just no so good.
So where is our brainy babes?

They already found a rich husband :bsmilie:

Well by the end of the day, if the judges think that she's ok, then I guess so be it..

* Hehe I can imagine that it is also not easy to be the judges of the Miss Singapore Universe .. imagine, girls standing in front of you. You prefer none, but you HAVE TO come up with one because you are paid to do so LOL. (Are they paid in the first place?)

Yeah, and there's the swimsuit section too... :p

My main issue with her is that she is soooooo fake. From the worst possible false-color "turn me into an alien" contacts to the satay skewer eyelashes.

but she will win, because of her "assets". Seems to be the only important criteria in the last pageants.

FYI. Many contestants in other countries have plastic surgery :bsmilie:
More fake than ours.

Beauty contest is now more about which country have the best surgery. :bsmilie:

The winner will improve the plastic surgery business in their country.

Last edited: