Miss Singapore Universe 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Flame warning*
My honest opinion is that she'll be one of those who comes out for the grand rounds and packs off for home when the announce the top 20.

Confirm plus Gaurantee Chop. I thought the 2nd runner up would have a better chance..... I thought wrong.

She was actually my least choice of the 5 though I was telling my mum jokingly that she might make it as queen.

Originally posted by Silverelf
Anybody thought the newest queen is an apt representation of Singapore girls...?

Thought i saw a lady from Motorshow 2002 in the pageant. No 4 Peggy looks like one of the model of the mini cooper model, am i wrong or what :)

large.jpg

large.jpg

Originally posted by Silverelf
Anybody thought the newest queen is an apt representation of Singapore girls...?
Have pix ?

i was under the impression that she was one of those if-i-can't-make-it-at-this-pageant-i'll-go-to-another-one types - because i thought she looked waaaay familiar....

Originally posted by sehsuan
i was under the impression that she was one of those if-i-can't-make-it-at-this-pageant-i'll-go-to-another-one types - because i thought she looked waaaay familiar....

You are refering to Bernice or Peggy??

Originally posted by vr666m
People who join the Miss Singapore pageant are mostly those who can't make it but THINK they are beautiful people. Of course that needs a lot of self esteem and confidence.

I can sit at Orchard Road any weekend and easily pick a girl that surpass the chosen Miss Singapore by far when it comes to looks. Well for education level and other criteria might need more work but definitely better than any of the contestants.

I know Jamie Low, one of the finalists, in the contest. An aquaintence, not a personal friend. Why not personal? Because she would wake up an hour earlier than everyone in the morning during our school FIELD CAMP to put on make up so she looked all dainty when the sun rises.

Sehsuan is right by saying "if-i-can't-make-it-at-this-pageant-i'll-go-to-another-one types". A lot of those girls in there have joined many other competitions and you see the same old faces again and again.

I think it's not in our culture to go for these kinds of things. Maybe the prize is not attractive enough, no guts, or the fear of losing face if not chosen? All I know is that these batch of Miss Singapore contestants can't make it far.

No wonder i find some of the contestants familiar, i bet i saw them b4 somewhere sometime....

Originally posted by sehsuan
peggy lor. bernice is a friend of a female friend of mine...

Well, peggy sure score A for confidence and courage but just fall short on the look department for such contest but still she is not bad lah...I guess not every look will suit everyone's taste in beauty.

Originally posted by teowws
Well, peggy sure score A for confidence and courage but just fall short on the look department for such contest but still she is not bad lah...I guess not every look will suit everyone's taste in beauty.

Peggy appeared in the last issue of Her World advertising for a boob job company. Of course not every look will suit everyone's taste but at least there should be a certain standard of beauty where there is a general consensus that "Yes, she is pretty".

What I mean is that there should at least be a point of argument when it comes to the winner, just like the choice between Fann Wong and Zoe Tay. There is very little of that standard in the contest for one to get excited over who will win.
Many of the contestant have the typical Singapore Chinese girl look though: the wide cheeks, wide flat nose, eyes far apart look.

Well i guess we can't expect too much from our small population, esp one that doesn't have a history of beautiful women like Venezuela or Northern India. (Just talking about beauty contest kind of "beautiful" here, don't give me any of that "beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder" or "inner beauty is better" crap. ;)

actually i would have thot that bernice was oredi the best out of the lousy crop of this yr's selection, as in looks wise, cos i din watch the show on Sat...wonder if got repeat or not

Originally posted by vince123123
actually i would have thot that bernice was oredi the best out of the lousy crop of this yr's selection, as in looks wise, cos i din watch the show on Sat...wonder if got repeat or not

wah..so serious meh...i find some really not bad, maybe mine beauty sense is less demanding, of course i would not stand by them in a beauty contest but to me they are already not bad, at least looks pleasing to my eyes.

Originally posted by vince123123

Agreed. At least she looks more matured and poised. I thought she could win it all during the preliminary round episode before the finals or the judges will need some serious quality control classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.