Misc B&W

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicky

Apr 13, 2002
Tried out some shots with B&W chromogenic films T400CN and XP2. If you see grains in the shots, it was intentionally added :D

Let me know what you think of the shots. :)

S1_05.jpg

S2_03.jpg

S4_06A.jpg

S4_03.jpg

S7_02.jpg

S6_05.jpg

What speed did you rate the xp2 at? If you want a bit more grain, you can rate it at EI800, w/o losing shadow details. On the other hand, for super fine grain, rate it @EI 100~250

canturn said:
What speed did you rate the xp2 at? If you want a bit more grain, you can rate it at EI800, w/o losing shadow details. On the other hand, for super fine grain, rate it @EI 100~250

If you rate at EI800, what do you tell the girl who develops it?

StreetShooter said:

Tell the girl to develop it as per normal. Don't need to push/pull, exclusively label yours, isolate case ;) I've shot the same scene from 100-800, managed to scan, as well as print all in the darkroom. ISO1000 is possible, but that's pushing it a bit...

OT: Do I sense some gender stereotype here? :devil:

StreetShooter said:

Yes, C-41 process film can also be pushed beyond the rated EI. Just tell them to push it one stop. Your neighbourhood labs will probably give you a blank look when you tell them that though. :bsmilie:

Try KT at Hong Lim Complex. :)

CaeSiuM said:
Yes, C-41 process film can also be pushed beyond the rated EI. Just tell them to push it one stop. Your neighbourhood labs will probably give you a blank look when you tell them that though. :bsmilie:

Try KT at Hong Lim Complex. :)

Don't need to tell lab to push...

KT will do it for u, but won't get it on the spot. Coz they've to change the temp exclusively for you and probably will only do it at night before the shop closes. Can't remember how much they charge already...

The nice thing about xp2 super is that it is very forgiving if you mess up your exposure, which is why I use it for weddings these days..

Send the negs to a pro lab, pay the $1-2 difference in premium.

The impurities/particles you get on the C-41 process negs when their chemicals are dirty, is worst than dust prob that you get from developing yourself. Those neighbourhood /shopping centre labs even worst, hardly replace their chemicals to cut cost.

Thing is, the ICE feature on the Kodak or Fuji removes these scratches and dust from your pic.

Not to mention those aunties using their bare fingers to handle your negs :eek:

canturn said:

I rated the film at 400. I didn't know C41 films can do that. Will try that in my next roll and see what I get. Thanks.

nicky said:
I rated the film at 400. I didn't know C41 films can do that. Will try that in my next roll and see what I get. Thanks.
I've never rated Kodak TCN400 at 800 before. Only Ilford's xp2 super.

Status
Not open for further replies.