Mirrored world

xjosephtbr

Feb 3, 2014
Singapore
Third attempt at landscape.
Taken with canon 16-35 f4l HDRI with ND 1.8 at shutters 4,5& 10s

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Composition and post-processing.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Overall composition and technique

3. Under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Tripod.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture.
The world at all its glory compared to the man?

Last edited:
Looks good, I like the leading lines and human element

Wondering if you have a darker exposure to blend in the details in the clouds (some are blown)? Otherwise blending is well done (hmm the sky around the tree above the man looks very slightly brighter, or am I imagining things hehe...)

Thanks for sharing :)

Looks good to me :)

Personally, i felt that its kind of cluttered on the left. I am not sure if your subject is the man, the trees or the railing. There is some counter-clockwise tilting as well.

u feel you can find a better vantage point to tell the story

Personally, i felt that its kind of cluttered on the left. I am not sure if your subject is the man, the trees or the railing. There is some counter-clockwise tilting as well.

yeah man i feel that the trees on the left are a bit of a distraction.

Looks good, I like the leading lines and human element

Wondering if you have a darker exposure to blend in the details in the clouds (some are blown)? Otherwise blending is well done (hmm the sky around the tree above the man looks very slightly brighter, or am I imagining things hehe...)

Thanks for sharing :)

hmm yeahh.. i think i kinda upped the highlights of the clouds a lil bit.

I would focus only on the right part: clouds and island. This alone can give a great mirror image. Leave out all the things on the left part.

I did the following :
1. Re-do the photo composition. Convert to 16:9 ratio and crop the image and re-align the sky/ground to 50/50, which will apply to "Mirrored World".
2. Straightening, the horizontal is off.
3. PP the contrast, brightness, saturation and etc.

I would like to mention, the photo composition is a very personal issue, sometime it work and make sense to someone but many other may disagreed. Anyway, the above pp and composition make sense to me.

you could also try shooting this with a wider angle perspective for a more dramatic image by accentuating the foreground and placing the curved fence and horizon in the image using the rule of thirds.
e.g.
14537621094_471a9d7c02_b_2.jpg

you could also try shooting this with a wider angle perspective for a more dramatic image by accentuating the foreground and placing the curved fence and horizon in the image using the rule of thirds.
e.g.
14537621094_471a9d7c02_b_2.jpg

hmm.. like in a portrait orientation instead of a landscape?? more foreground information and can use the fence as leading lines. :p

I did the following :
1. Re-do the photo composition. Convert to 16:9 ratio and crop the image and re-align the sky/ground to 50/50, which will apply to "Mirrored World".
2. Straightening, the horizontal is off.
3. PP the contrast, brightness, saturation and etc.

I would like to mention, the photo composition is a very personal issue, sometime it work and make sense to someone but many other may disagreed. Anyway, the above pp and composition make sense to me.

gd thing u noticed the horizon, was abt to point it out.

contrast seems too much imo but keep it if u like it tht way.

WB seems a bit too cool but maybe it's because i'm looking at this pic using a non-calibrated screen

one dark spot spotted around the cloud area. quite irritate to me. haha. hope that is also a critique.