mirror lock up 450D

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyori

Mar 14, 2007
Hi guys..

As suggested by most here to on my mirror lock up to prevent stablization however upon doing that I am not too sure how this thing work.. sometime after i press the shutter.. nothing come up.. i need press again.. and sometime even if i press again it still must wait a while more b4 i can press again to take the picture.. can someone explain this function ?

Hi guys..

As suggested by most here to on my mirror lock up to prevent stablization however upon doing that I am not too sure how this thing work.. sometime after i press the shutter.. nothing come up.. i need press again.. and sometime even if i press again it still must wait a while more b4 i can press again to take the picture.. can someone explain this function ?

huh? :confused:
Sorry dude... I don't understand what you're asking. Why would anyone want to prevent stabilization?

I would guess that you're asking about the "exposure delay" or something to that effect. This creates a delay of about 0.2-0.4seconds (I can't really remember) from the time the mirror is raised, to minimize vibrations.
Mirror lock-up is slightly different. It's for the purpose of cleaning your sensor.
Once mirror lock-up is activated, the only way to cancel it is to switch off your camera.

i'm referring all this to my experience with my Nikon D80. It might be different on your 450D. Best to READ THE MANUAL to be sure... :angel:

Mirror lock-up is slightly different. It's for the purpose of cleaning your sensor.
Once mirror lock-up is activated, the only way to cancel it is to switch off your camera.

On other brands, mirror lock up is like the delayed shutter. Good for macro shoots. On Sony cams for example, the 2s timer will flip up the mirror, then the shutter will activate. Reduces the mirror shake.

sorry i mean increase stabilization . and yes i already read my manual

huh? :confused:
Sorry dude... I don't understand what you're asking. Why would anyone want to prevent stabilization?

I would guess that you're asking about the "exposure delay" or something to that effect. This creates a delay of about 0.2-0.4seconds (I can't really remember) from the time the mirror is raised, to minimize vibrations.

i'm referring all this to my experience with my Nikon D80. It might be different on your 450D. Best to READ THE MANUAL to be sure... :angel:

hrm, my idea of mirror lockup is what rashkae says..

hrm, my idea of mirror lockup is what rashkae says..

ooops. ok. Different terminology for different brands.
If I remember correctly (my memory fails me nowadays), the function 'mirror lock-up' on my D80 raises the mirror until the camera is powered off.

From Ken Rockwell's site:
Mirror Lock-up

Mirror Lock-up isn't. It's not a lock up for telephoto lenses on tripods.

This setting is used to lock up the mirror to clean the CCD. I never use this, since I find it easier to set the camera to Bulb and hold open the shutter. I'd never stick anything into the camera to touch the CCD; the only people who suggest this are the people who want to sell you the tools to clean your CCD.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.