Mio TV - worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
I've got an LCD TV in my bedroom that's not hooked up to cable - i just use it for PS3 and movies (blu-ray/DVD).

So with the Champions league/Europa league starting, I was wondering if any Mio TV users here can give feedback about it? Is the quality ok? Is it worth subscribing, or should I make my way to a coffee shop at 3am instead? :p

What about other channels?

I've got an LCD TV in my bedroom that's not hooked up to cable - i just use it for PS3 and movies (blu-ray/DVD).

So with the Champions league/Europa league starting, I was wondering if any Mio TV users here can give feedback about it? Is the quality ok? Is it worth subscribing, or should I make my way to a coffee shop at 3am instead? :p

What about other channels?
Not worth it. Seriously.

GMAN

Not worth it. Seriously.

GMAN

Hmmm. Ok. Just a bit heart pain that Starhub lost the football rights for CL and Europa League. :(

If you watch CL every weds,then worth it.Quality is as fine as Starhub.It also has HD 5 which starhub dont have except if you sign up for the HD package.Other channels?Nah.....For me only Trace(music channel) BBC knowledge(very good channel) and BBC leisure or something good.

For me being a fan of Serie A, it's a worthy combo to have. ;)

There has been numerous and never-ending bad press in the Straits Times Forum about the Singtel Mio service, and if that is any indication to go by, there are probably tons more unreported or reported in non-MSM. As such, you may wish to factor these into your final purchasing decision.

i don't know about the tv, but i have had loads of problems with the entire package thing

i think the tv works fine, but your internet, if you get it as a mio package, a lot of people complain about the internet service not being stable

when i first had it, there was intermittant disconnection. as i have mentioned before, they play taichi with my family for quite a long period.. call customer service guarantees "sending down line technician", and then the line technician will carry out tests where my family members will take leave to be present to let them in.. and without fail, for at least 7 times.. no problem. but everytime when the problem continues, they will conduct line tests.

you can try it, but be hard with them, when i was back in singapore i was quite free so i took the trouble to pursue the case to get it solved, and wow, what went on for 6 months was solved within a week after a number of phone calls where each time i took the matter a level higher until i got something done.

the best part is, they could have solved it the first time by replacing the modem, but no, they wanted to send down a line technician who didn't quite check the modem.

Last edited:
Cool, thanks everyone. I won't be getting the internet connection though.

Or maybe I should just pay a monthly subscription to uefa.com and watch their matches streamed live over the web. Hmm.

Or maybe I should just pay a monthly subscription to uefa.com and watch their matches streamed live over the web. Hmm.

Get mio only I'm watching as Roma vs Regina . Quality as good as sh .just don't get the Internet

You wouldn't want to do that either. Imagine, your net is down, so goes your matches and your money:bsmilie:

GMAN

Get mio only I'm watching as Roma vs Regina . Quality as good as sh .just don't get the Internet
Yeah, if you really want get just the TV, the internet and all in one option is just trashy. Mind you be prepared for problems.

GMAN

I have Mio-home (mobile phone & broadband & landline bundle) but not mio TV.

Then once I have a problem with my broadband - the customer service insist on sending technician.
I did my own investigation and conclude that the problem is with singtel side and at my side, but the service center guys dont want to listen.

When he come, he then test and confirm that the problem is at singtel server side - someone decided to change my plan and give me Mio TV, and because that "upgrade" my broadband is intermittenly affected. He just speak over the phone and got that sorted out, and left.

Very LOL. I should have just try to get 2nd hand Mio TV receiver and enjoy that "free upgrade".

where does their mio set up box connect too? any drilling etc needed?

not worth it... keep having intermittent disconnections, sometimes laggy and jerky. technician can don't know how many times problem keep coming back and worst still they took away the BBC channels...;( (the channels i watch 90% from mio, rest of the channels quite rubbish...)

where does their mio set up box connect too? any drilling etc needed?

not worth it... keep having intermittent disconnections, sometimes laggy and jerky. technician can don't know how many times problem keep coming back and worst still they took away the BBC channels...;( (the channels i watch 90% from mio, rest of the channels quite rubbish...)

It's gone right ? I just checked . Alot channels all info invalid

The intermittent disconnection issue is due to the telephone line especially if you have more than 2 spilt lines or you are staying in older housing estate because Mio TV requires approx 20MB bandwidth in order to play smoothly.
Initially i was also having intermittent problem, but they plug out my 3rd spilt line and i recovered back approx 3MB bandwidth and doesn't have any issues playing the video.

All in all, not worth paying for other channels which are extremely useless to me. Old videos...

The intermittent disconnection issue is due to the telephone line especially if you have more than 2 spilt lines or you are staying in older housing estate because Mio TV requires approx 20MB bandwidth in order to play smoothly.
Initially i was also having intermittent problem, but they plug out my 3rd spilt line and i recovered back approx 3MB bandwidth and doesn't have any issues playing the video.

mine was because of modem having problems. now if they had checked the modem earlier instead of sending line techs....

Status
Not open for further replies.