mio TV Set-Top box user interface upgrade.

armadillo

Jan 30, 2006
Pinnacle@Duxton
Any mio TV users receive letter from Singtel about the upgrade?
Anyone upgraded?
Mine till today still no change.
Call them, they told me will auto upgrade from 3 Oct to 8 Oct 2011.
Today 7 Oct, still no upgrade.
Maybe will wait till tomorrow.

Anyone try out the new user interface?
Faster? Less freeze?

Please share your experience :)

The upgrade has been delayed for now.

Anyway it seems more of an interface upgrade than anything else so expect the live BPL match that you are watching to lag and freeze halfway before spending another 5 minutes resetting the set-top box.

Last edited:
Ok, thanks for the info, I guess have to wait longer :)

i got received.... but i seldom watch...

so i not too sure if the upgrade been upped...

I called Singtel, they told me the upgrade will start from 3 Oct onward, by area, by batch.
So, just wait and see...

wow, you get priority service from Singtel :)
By right shd be started from 3 Oct 2011, till todate still no update.

Talk about Singtel and Mio! I didn't use use since day one and they kept pestering to upgrade. Make appointments then technician shows up don't know what is going on.

Contract expired, they just act blur. Poor service.

when they got promo... they keep bugging me.. i tell them to call back... no one did.. then after a while, another bug me..

btw, I'm talking about mio Set-up box firmware upgrade :)

mine still the old firmware. I am actually not looking forward to this. I do not often look at the GUI. so does not matter to me. I just hope it does not slow down. Already sometime freezes when watching mio stadium. (but getter better for sure).

According the singtel, this upgrade will change the user interface and also speed up the menu selection.

Mine not upgraded either though eager to have it done asap. As long as u hv the usual purple backdrop, it has not been upgraded. It should be in shiny black backdrop. I restart n reset to no avail. Guess have to wait for my turn though letter says from 3 Oct. Btw, do not risk missing BPL by trying to upgrade during weekends, it will be frustrating if the upgrade hangs halfway.

singtel service bad? talk about their promoters. i was at Suntec where they had a small booth. i was watching Kung Fu Panda on their TV when the promoter approached me and asked if i was interested to sign up for Mio TV.

of course i politely smiled and said no and carried on watching..... and then the promoter shot me a dirty look and proceeded to stand in front of the TV to block me, then turned back and smirked at me.

i glared.... and walked off.

This is my version, but still not upgraded yet, as understand once upgraded the background will not appear purple color anymore.
miotv-1.jpg

the whole screen should be in black, with the big MIO logo in the middle and streaks of reddish line below it after the upgrade. i just found the upgrade letter, thanks to my lil baby who rampaged through our drawers of the tv console. i had the upgrade done back in Aug! why that early? coz i paid a premium of $230 for the installation of the fibre broadband instead of getting the free installation of Opennet exercise early this year. guess, that explain the early upgrade, if not prioritised.

ok, I guess you paid for premium :)
btw, any faster/better on menu navigation or bootup time?

ok, I guess you paid for premium :)
btw, any faster/better on menu navigation or bootup time?
Booting up just seems slightly quicker but I doubt it will make a difference for you seeing how your set-top box has been on or in sleep mode for 179 hours, 15 minutes and 47 seconds. :bsmilie: