Mint or 10?

Crappinni

Aug 31, 2007
Singapore
I noticed many sellers rating the condition of their used items they're about to sell as "Mint", defined in the guidelines as "Like new. Not used since it left the shop. No signs of use". From my understanding of that definition, any equipment that have been used after being purchased will automatically qualify for a maximum rating of 10. In that case all these sellers would have rated their equipment wrongly. What do you guys think?

I noticed many sellers rating the condition of their used items they're about to sell as "Mint", defined in the guidelines as "Like new. Not used since it left the shop. No signs of use". From my understanding of that definition, any equipment that have been used after being purchased will automatically qualify for a maximum rating of 10. In that case all these sellers would have rated their equipment wrongly. What do you guys think?

agree. I always doubt when people claim the camera is mint condition. To me, mint means just came off the production line in the factory. that's what mint means.
you can see some sellers claiming mint condition when the camera's original warranty has expired. it is hard to imagine how they preserve the camera in the mint state after12 months or more usage.
such description is subjective. a photo will tell a lot more.
it is more meaningful for me to see description on when the camera was purchased, shutter count.