Minor search function update and logo refresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
We have tweaked the search functions on the Navigation bar to better align with photographic intent for the community. Specifically, the search functions on the Navigation Bar ("New Daily Posts" and "New Posts" under the Quick Links drop down) will now exclude new posts in the Buy & Sell sub-forum.

Thus members will be able to get a quick view of all the photographic discussions with the new search capabilities, while other members who are interested in Buy & Sell posts can go directly to the subforum which already shows new posts in a sorted view.

Good Morning! No wonder something felt different today, it's the logo! The new one really jumps out at you, but the colours are somewhat too striking. The logo on www.clubsnap.org isn't so striking, colour wise, but I much prefer the design of it.

Alvin

I found since the new format of Buy&Sell section implemented, search function on Buy&Sell doesn't work well. Any new posts in recent weeks cannot be found. For example, if you search ixus in title, you won't see recent posts which are having IXUS in their title. Can you please fix it? Thanks!

Hi Mods,

Like what Alvin said, the new logo really "leaps out" @ you. Don't think the colors are too bright... NICE!

Cheers!

release said:
I found since the new format of Buy&Sell section implemented, search function on Buy&Sell doesn't work well. Any new posts in recent weeks cannot be found. For example, if you search ixus in title, you won't see recent posts which are having IXUS in their title. Can you please fix it? Thanks!
Hmmm... just tried and there may be an issue. Will look into it.

Hehee, cant help noticing the colours of the logo, nice work !! :)

I prefer the old logo. Looks more sophisticated and professional. No offence, but the new one feels a bit too mickey mouse.

Would have to agree... the old logo gives a more professional feel and the new one a more amatuer feel

Lets see how it looks like with the colors of the old logo.

cs-forum-old-colors.png

The new design with the old colours look better than the new one... But I still prefer the old one. More professional looking.

*shrug* definitely can't please everyone all the time.

Also, am a bit puzzled as to how the old logo can be more "professional-looking" when, to me at least, the new logo is cleaner, brighter (ok maybe a bit too bright) and otherwise more compact/neater than the old one ... would be glad if someone can give a deeper explanation rather than just throw out that phrase "more professional-looking."

And if anyone wants to try their hand at coming up with something fresh, please feel free to do so - no promises that we will use it, but all designs will be considered. The only prerequisites are :-
1. Must have all words "ClubSNAP Photography Community"
2. Must be able to be scaled - eg look equally good at 300x100 pixels and 3000x1000 pixels
3. Must be able to be reproduced on a variety of media - online, print (paper/fabric/plastic, etc)

sorry i like to give my comments from a professional point of view.

The new colours do not work!

the green if reproduced on printed media, looks neon and is quite a sore thumb. especially on embrioderies and prints for T-shirt.

The blue is rather netural, but i perfer the set of RGB on the old logo, it strikes a more clamer professional feel then the present colours, that look very primary like, in singapore lingo, very BENG colours. If you want to strike a cord i think a neutral shade will work better than a light bright shade.

the red colour is ok, really cannot fault it.

if you could send me the logo in EPS format, i could help propose a few sets of colours for everyone approval.

Well, what I meant by "professional looking" were the colours in the old logo. The new logo you modified above with the old colours seems better than the bright flashy ones now.

The "curves" in the old logo seems to connect everything together, but I think the more compact wording now works.

Status
Not open for further replies.