Minoltaism

Status
Not open for further replies.

spilot

May 4, 2002
Jurong West Extension
Visit site
Hi everyone & greetings seniors,

I am rather a firm believer in Minolta bodies.

Firstly, when I started photography seriously in 1996, I was influenced by many Nikoners into getting a F90X - so I got one. Busted a hole in my bank account balance, and more costly purchases followed - as we all know, Nikon lenses aren't cheap.

And then along the way , I bought another body, a Minolta Dynax 600si Classic. Now this one, has enough user appeal to actually make me sell off the F90X along with the lenses, and to mainly use the 600si only, with its Minolta lenses & one Tamron tele.

Used the 600si for about 5 years or more ( not a single performance gripe throughout ), and recently bought the new Dynax 7 ( apparently an upgrade in features to 600si ), and consigned the 600si to a display cabinet with lots of silica.

Personally, this can all add up to individual taste, however, I find Minolta bodies sits very well into my hands, have the right weight, is ergonomic, pricing is reasonable, and spots many pro features right at their mid-range models.

As for the Nikons, the only body I envy most will be the F4, and the F5, but still - when my money comes in - I'd be parting salary for a Dynax 9 body.

In this case, applicable to me only, I think I grew up in photography with Minolta. So therefore, long live Minolta.

Regards to all,

CJ

hehehe...great!!...another minolta user =) ....wah dynax 9 ahz...i 'm only saving for the dynax 7...but long way to go manz....with ns coming soon..think it will be a few year before i set my hands on one :p

contented with my 700si now :)

cool... looks like we have a loyal staunchie here!!!

i started with an old manual Pentax MV, then Dynax 5, which got me hooked. Right now using a Dynax 7, and looks like this is one body that'll be a keeper!

HI ,

When I started photography i had a Pentax K1000. Superb camera. Later then switched to Pentax Me Super. After a couple of years had exposure problems so disposed it off. Then I was looking out for a godd SLR. A friend of mine was selling his Minolta 7000 with prime lens and 70-210 ( both Minolta) in mint condition, which I purchased. Ever since then I have been with Minolta, progressing to 600si and finally the 7.

Minolta is truely value for money. Great exposure, the best flash capabilities ( wireless) and great features. If only Minolta can market their products like the other companies, then they would be on the Top.

Ramesh

Hi people..

Started out using Nikon F601, FM2, FE2 and F5...
Was looking to buy my own camera and didn't even considered using minolta..
BUT.. ( at the time of my purchase ) F70 is crap! And EOS 50 was a bit too expensive and too plasticky..
Only then did I took notice of Minolta..
I found out that Dynax 600si ( with vertical grip ) simply blows the above away in terms of functionality and cost..

Lens? I would say all OEM lens are just as expensive, regardless of whether it is Nikon or Canon or Minolta...

For now, I am just waiting either for my 600si to fail or for Minolta to come out with a Digital SLR..

Are they coming out with a digital SLR in the first place?

Sigh... using my G2 more than my SLR nowadays....

P.s Found that I shot more keepers with the FM2 than my own 600si and 10 times more rolls... guess I am getting lazy and careless :D

MadAnt, you bad boy... you should NEVER be more tempted to use your G2 more than your SLR. That's when apples turn rotten... ;p

For the pure joy of photography, your FM2 comes first, followed by whatever other SLRs you have, and finally the G2.

Next thing ClubSNAP is going to hear from you is that you're selling off all your equipment.

(Just kidding...)

Originally posted by munfai
MadAnt, you bad boy... you should NEVER be more tempted to use your G2 more than your SLR. That's when apples turn rotten... ;p

For the pure joy of photography, your FM2 comes first, followed by whatever other SLRs you have, and finally the G2.

Next thing ClubSNAP is going to hear from you is that you're selling off all your equipment.

(Just kidding...)

Haha...
If only I own all the SLR I listed..
THose belongs to my friends..

Sad.. I am the only minolta user among them....

Yup... going to take pictures during this holidays...
But my minolta equipment is getting kind of heavy..

G2.. so tempted.. argh!! :devil:

Originally posted by MadAnt

Haha...
If only I own all the SLR I listed..
THose belongs to my friends..

Sad.. I am the only minolta user among them....

Yup... going to take pictures during this holidays...
But my minolta equipment is getting kind of heavy..

G2.. so tempted.. argh!! :devil:

G2 feels light, yah... but still an SLR feels waayyy better!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.