Minolta User...still


Status
Not open for further replies.

sulhan

Senior Member
May 11, 2002
4,028
0
36
47
Melbourne, Australia
www.md-sulhan.com
Hiee Bros...

I've been receiving PM and SMS asking if I'm selling off my gear to jump ship....
Well...as a reassurance to thos who have PMed me...I'm still a KM user...
I'm having a re-org of my gears to have more focus on nature and macro stuff not to
fork out any extra $$$...so need to let go some stuff.

Thats why I'm trying to lookout for those wired flash setups for some task I'm working on.

I think....the KM scene has been getting more active and its a great sight after those quite first 2 yrs++ in CS...in KM....and with Sony in the picture....i bet they have great stuff up their sleeves....
 

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Senior Member
Feb 15, 2003
16,265
0
0
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
sulhan... i thinking of getting a few more OS-1100, OC-1100, den those cables as well... just in case next time no more... got MO anot?
 

Agetan

Senior Member
Dec 31, 2004
4,658
16
38
www.tomato.sg
Hahaha...

Everyone thought you are going to Jump... hehehe..

Good luck mate.. Nature and Macro aren't my area... love my 100mm f2.8 D macro and 50mm f2.8 Macro... but use it for non Nature work. I don't have patience lar :bsmilie:

I am still proud Minolta user...

maybe will still be until Sony release something worthwhile for me to upgrade.. hehe.. providing they are not too expensive..

Hart
 

smtan24

New Member
Dec 21, 2005
1,496
0
0
47
Tampines
Hope Sony bring out some Lens with Carl Zeiss optics.
 

yeocolin

New Member
May 2, 2003
816
0
0
41
Singapore
www.flickr.com
smtan24 said:
Hope Sony bring out some Lens with Carl Zeiss optics.
Sure, KM has G lens, Canon has L lens and Nikon has AF-S lens, Leica has their own brand of optics. Don't forget, to get top edge optics you pay top end dollar. Are you willing to spend that kind of money? Wonderful pictures are still churned out with kit lenses. Ultimately its timing. opportunity, effort and the eye behind the lensviewer that produce those memorable images.
 

smtan24

New Member
Dec 21, 2005
1,496
0
0
47
Tampines
yeocolin said:
Sure, KM has G lens, Canon has L lens and Nikon has AF-S lens, Leica has their own brand of optics. Don't forget, to get top edge optics you pay top end dollar. Are you willing to spend that kind of money? Wonderful pictures are still churned out with kit lenses. Ultimately its timing. opportunity, effort and the eye behind the lensviewer that produce those memorable images.
So true.
 

Agetan

Senior Member
Dec 31, 2004
4,658
16
38
www.tomato.sg
yeocolin said:
Sure, KM has G lens, Canon has L lens and Nikon has AF-S lens, Leica has their own brand of optics. Don't forget, to get top edge optics you pay top end dollar. Are you willing to spend that kind of money? Wonderful pictures are still churned out with kit lenses. Ultimately its timing. opportunity, effort and the eye behind the lensviewer that produce those memorable images.

Can't agree more with you...

My advise is to stop worrying, just use what you want and get that image you want and you see in your mind eye rather than rely on gear.

Most lenses are sharp enough for most practical purposes.

Big aperture lenses make life easy, but won't make you a better photographer... Reason pro choose large aperture lens and care about sharpeness at wide open is that if they don't get that shot, they could lose the business. But for most people, missing a shot mean just try again..

So don't too worry about what you have, but worry about how to get that shot you want.

Regards,

Hart
 

muko

New Member
Mar 14, 2005
283
0
0
Bedok
Agetan said:
Can't agree more with you...

My advise is to stop worrying, just use what you want and get that image you want and you see in your mind eye rather than rely on gear.

Most lenses are sharp enough for most practical purposes.

Big aperture lenses make life easy, but won't make you a better photographer... Reason pro choose large aperture lens and care about sharpeness at wide open is that if they don't get that shot, they could lose the business. But for most people, missing a shot mean just try again..

So don't too worry about what you have, but worry about how to get that shot you want.

Regards,

Hart
whoaaa...

exactly same as my thinking about photographer loosing business...

for me until now i'm still happy with my possesion...
i don't eat from my camera also... so having a superb lense is a thing i always consider a lot...
 

Status
Not open for further replies.