Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeez

Apr 16, 2002
North
Visit site
Hi,

Was having trouble focusing manually. 2 of my lens' focusing ring was
stuck half way while in MF mode. In AF, the mechanism is ok.
Suspect cam problem. Need to bring down for servicing.
Is the service centre still operational after the transfer to Sony?

Thnik they should be still working, may be can give them a cal before going down.
KMSC

Skeez said:
Hi,

Was having trouble focusing manually. 2 of my lens' focusing ring was
stuck half way while in MF mode. In AF, the mechanism is ok.
Suspect cam problem. Need to bring down for servicing.
Is the service centre still operational after the transfer to Sony?
Did you press the AFMF button accidentally?

sulhan said:
Did you press the AFMF button accidentally?

Was focusing in AF with the AFMF button pressed. Even tried in MF mode w/o AFMF button.

Was able to turn the focusing ring but not fully. Most of the time stuck halfway but occasionally can turn fully.

Skeez said:
Was focusing in AF with the AFMF button pressed. Even tried in MF mode w/o AFMF button.

Was able to turn the focusing ring but not fully. Most of the time stuck halfway but occasionally can turn fully.

Is it the same in both landscape and portrait orientation or one of these only?

Skeez said:

Can u dismount the lens? Looks like the clutch mechanism is not fully disengaged when u press the AF/MF button.

TME said:
Can u dismount the lens? Looks like the clutch mechanism is not fully disengaged when u press the AF/MF button.

Yup. Can dismount lens.

On lens alone, i can turn the focusing ring all the way both side. When same len is mounted on cam, the focusing ring will stuck halfway while trying to focus in Manual mode. And if i turn back to AF mode, the focusing ring is able to rotate beyond where it was stuck.
Had tried with a few lens with the same result.

Guess i got a faulty cam mechanism. Will be sending cam for repair.

Skeez said:
Yup. Can dismount lens.

On lens alone, i can turn the focusing ring all the way both side. When same len is mounted on cam, the focusing ring will stuck halfway while trying to focus in Manual mode. And if i turn back to AF mode, the focusing ring is able to rotate beyond where it was stuck.
Had tried with a few lens with the same result.

Guess i got a faulty cam mechanism. Will be sending cam for repair.

Yupe it's the clutch that is sticking... should be a simple job... something out of alignment or something worn...

Status
Not open for further replies.