Minolta Scan Dual III Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

BornToRide

Jun 19, 2003
WEST
Visit site
Hi...
I scanned my negs and slides with a minolta scandual III.
All my images turn out slightly blur.
My first few negs i thought it was my fault as i might not have set the scanner properly.
i shot some slides...viewed it under an inverted 50mm lens...they look sharp...but after scanning, the picture seems slightly blur?
I have tried all settings manual focus , auto focus, scanning at the largest possible setting.
As a newbie i feel i'm not doing something right...or might it be my scanner's prob?
PLs advise....

Hi,

I scanned mine at 2880 dpi, auto focus at scan on, pixel polish off, dust brush off. For multipass I usually set to 2x and nothing else applied. So far no problem with blurry images except those that are out of focus.

Tried using abit of USM to sharpen the images yet?

Cheers!

UY79 said:
Hi,

I scanned mine at 2880 dpi, auto focus at scan on, pixel polish off, dust brush off. For multipass I usually set to 2x and nothing else applied. So far no problem with blurry images except those that are out of focus.

Tried using abit of USM to sharpen the images yet?

Cheers!

yes i use photoshop's USM..but sometimes i overdo it ...
anyone got any other suggestions?

BornToRide said:
Hi...
I scanned my negs and slides with a minolta scandual III.
All my images turn out slightly blur.
My first few negs i thought it was my fault as i might not have set the scanner properly.
i shot some slides...viewed it under an inverted 50mm lens...they look sharp...but after scanning, the picture seems slightly blur?
I have tried all settings manual focus , auto focus, scanning at the largest possible setting.
As a newbie i feel i'm not doing something right...or might it be my scanner's prob?
PLs advise....

Did you check whether you got your pictures the right side up?
If still persists, send it back to minolta and get it checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.