Minolta S304 - best value 3MP at ~$700?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This DC not too bad right! Need to convert the image B4 can see?

you need to convert the color space to get the "normal one".

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/minoltas304/page11.asp

While reviewing the DiMAGE 7 I soon discovered that it was in fact recording images in a custom colour space. The same is also true of the DiMAGE S304. To get the optimum colour balance (and accuracy) it is necessary to run images through the supplied DiMAGE Image Viewer Utility with the 'colour space correction' option selected and sRGB or whichever colour space you work in selected as the output colour space.

1. photos need to convert to RGB colour space
2. lousy slow lens F3-F3.6
3. no shutter priority

you think you want it?

Originally posted by fcpga

1. photos need to convert to RGB colour space
2. lousy slow lens F3-F3.6
3. no shutter priority

you think you want it?

1. The proprietary colour space used by the S304 allows it to capture a wider gamut of colour than when using sRGB. So it can be an advantage as well for the serious photographer.

2. The lens is not slow compared to the F2.8 - 4.8+ lenses found in many cameras, including high end cameras like the Nikon 5000 and Canon S40. And the lens is definitely not lousy, it has been praised by many reviewers.

What about the fact that it is just about the cheapest 3 megapixel camera with manual controls?

agree. comparison should be on price and features.

most other similarly priced 3MP cameras don't offer as much features.

it's a good cam, mi friend is using it

not much people using it, if not we can get to see some 'real' pictures from it.

i post a pic, it's a panorama taken from c304 by mi friend, night shot taken without tripod :) image size reduced to 1k, keep large for user to appreciate the quality of the lens better :)

somebody complain, sorry i have to take out the pic

Wow! Very nice pictures! Wonder if the F100 is even better than this? The S304 really has no Shutter or Aperture priority?

Originally posted by Kevin
Wow! Very nice pictures! Wonder if the F100 is even better than this? The S304 really has no Shutter or Aperture priority?

think onli one of the features is missing, err maybe dun have shutter priority, and got aperture priority.. think so, you can check out with others

oh for these pictures, think mi friend never convert to rgB space, if converted, think the color will look even better. just check out the exif, confirm it is still in ycbcr

Originally posted by hong
oh for these pictures, think mi friend never convert to rgB space, if converted, think the color will look even better. just check out the exif, confirm it is still in ycbcr
Ah! So you have a choice of just save it to ycbcr or the RGB space when you have time to fine tune the colour? Wah! That is cool! :cool:

no wonder I find the colors a bit washed out :)

i post a pic, it's a panorama taken from c304 by mi friend, night shot taken without tripod :) image size reduced to 1k, keep large for user to appreciate the quality of the lens better :)

Sorry, even if i am not a moderator for this forum, could u pls read the TOS ? Kindly resize your pics to a resolution of 600x400 or less. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.