Minolta Old & New Flash Reference Portal

correct me if i am wrong....
he meant the girls on the right side are prettier? *blur*

rOnGrEn said:
correct me if i am wrong....
he meant the girls on the right side are prettier? *blur*

Ahh..... typical DCA....;p

I need help with my External FLash! I cant use the wireless function but somehow it works when i do a wireless test shot when i press AEL on my 5D. I'm using a 5400hs External Flash. Please up with some suggestions for me to trial & error with the wireless!

crimson1d said:
I need help with my External FLash! I cant use the wireless function but somehow it works when i do a wireless test shot when i press AEL on my 5D. I'm using a 5400hs External Flash. Please up with some suggestions for me to trial & error with the wireless!

5400HS is not compatible with 5D.... in terms of wireless control.

Never try the infra red trigger...

Hart

was told that my 5400hs is not compatible with 7D, but still can use in on manual. Ah...the question is, how to? sorry for this question from a newbie with 7D....Maxxum some more.

Put your camera mode to "M" and put the flash Mode to "Manual"

Just select the power of the flash (1/1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16....)

Its great if you have someone that is really a blinker due to flash... manual flash will reduce the change of "sleepy eyes"

Regards,

Hart

Agetan said:
Put your camera mode to "M" and put the flash Mode to "Manual"

Just select the power of the flash (1/1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16....)

Its great if you have someone that is really a blinker due to flash... manual flash will reduce the change of "sleepy eyes"

Regards,

Hart

Thanks mate! You have been a great help. Will try it out real soon. :lovegrin:

Hiee Pals...

Here is a record of my one of my family portrait done during this years hariraya...

i was equipt with :
- dynax 7d+
- Kit lens(18-70)
- a portable printer.
- 5600HS
- 3600HS

Just nice....and this was what i got form my own family portrait before we move on to relatives homes.

hariraya20061.jpg

setup info....
hariraya20061.gif

Woah... u look mean huh with the goatee... :)

Lovely illumination... super even (that's probably from the ceiling bounce)...

What's with all those red arrows on the 5600HS(D)? Isn't it a directional flashlight?

What's with all those red arrows on the 5600HS(D)? Isn't it a directional flashlight?

well..depends on how you use the flash..... they can me directional or omni directional...:bsmilie:

hmmz.. let me try to guess what Sulhan was trying to represent in the diagram...the 3600hsd on the right is forward facing... thus you see only two arrows there.. while on the left... the 5600hsd is pointing up towards the ceiling, which bounces the light down and acts as a giant reflector.. represented in simple form by those red arrows you see..

You can also use flash modifiers (such as omnibounce or lightsphere.... or bounce card) to modify the effect of the flash... the best way to observe the effect is to actually try it.. :bsmilie:

Great illumination and very useful info for the setup.
Thanks Sulhan.