Minolta Dynax 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrome

Jun 7, 2006
Serangoon
I just bought a Canon DSLR 350D. I used to own a Minolta Dynax 5.

I am still learning to use my new-found toy. Learning alot by reading all the posts on CS forums. Also attended a 3-hour course FOC by Canon at their digital imaging centre. Found it very helpful. Was conducted by a guy called Walter Tan.

Thinking of buying external flash as I find that the built-in flash is too weak, or produce very hard shadows since its points directly at the subject. Also thinking of some lenses but from what I read, perhaps it is better to invest in photoshop first!

Also, don't know what to do with my SLR and the accessories like zoom lens and wide-angle lens. Anyone has any ideas?

I don't own an SLR at all. But I think the best thing to do is to keep it as an backup camera, there might be a day you realise you needed it, or if your dry cab is really full, sell it off.

I use to own a Minolta Dynax 5. It's a great camera. I took some of my best photographs with it. I sold it off and regreted it.

chrome said:

I am still learning to use my new-found toy. Learning alot by reading all the posts on CS forums. Also attended a 3-hour course FOC by Canon at their digital imaging centre. Found it very helpful. Was conducted by a guy called Walter Tan.

Thinking of buying external flash as I find that the built-in flash is too weak, or produce very hard shadows since its points directly at the subject. Also thinking of some lenses but from what I read, perhaps it is better to invest in photoshop first!

Also, don't know what to do with my SLR and the accessories like zoom lens and wide-angle lens. Anyone has any ideas?
SSS? how much you wan to sell ur dynax 5 for? :)

Told you the Dynax 5 is a great camera. Someone already wants to buy it from you.

chrome said:

Looks like another victim of the BBB virus already. Since you are not new ot photography perhaps you could tell us what kind of picture you like to take? That way you can just get that lens that suits your intrests first. As for an external flash you shloud ask yourself how often would you use one.

Hi Chrome,

My advice is get a good lens first as you will get more mileage from it. Flashes are usually more utilised if you tend to always cover indoor events. Moreover, you can always borrow or rent a flash. Flashes are also cheaper than lenses if you want to rent them.

For me, my first flash was only used 3 times in 2 years before I started renting it out.

My 2 cents. I respect that others may have their own opinions. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.