Minolta at PC show! Bundles include...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullpit

Dec 28, 2002
Visit site
This time by Harvey Norman

Z2/Xg bundle include 2 piece 128mb sd card, 7 in 1 card reader, mini tripod, case, GP battery, inkjet paper and print voucher.

Anyone get a better deal, for instance, a tripod instead of a min tripod, pls post here and share! I also wonder what is the capacity of the battery, but really the mini tripod is not useful for Z2.

Bullpit said:
This time by Harvey Norman

Z2/Xg bundle include 2 piece 128mb sd card, 7 in 1 card reader, mini tripod, case, GP battery, inkjet paper and print voucher.

Anyone get a better deal, for instance, a tripod instead of a min tripod, pls post here and share! I also wonder what is the capacity of the battery, but really the mini tripod is not useful for Z2.

where did u get this info from? wht is the price stated?

deepblue2 said:
where did u get this info from? wht is the price stated?

Computer Times.

Price should be retail price, standard for trade shows mah. But on the advertisement, no price stated.

Bullpit said:
Computer Times.

Price should be retail price, standard for trade shows mah. But on the advertisement, no price stated.

retail means $799 right?

i got it for $690 for the body + lens adapter + uv filter + carrying case. quite a good bargain coz i got a 256mb sd card from somewhere else for $83. total of $773.

deepblue2 said:
retail means $799 right?

i got it for $690 for the body + lens adapter + uv filter + carrying case. quite a good bargain coz i got a 256mb sd card from somewhere else for $83. total of $773.

retail is $799. Sometimes, last day got special offers. A good tripod is needed for Z2, cos of the 10X zoom. Extra batteries and print offers are handy too. That is for normal customers. Unless the customer is pro, like us from clubsnap, few require a uv filter and lens adapter.

As for sd card, actually price of 2 128 sd card is more expensive than a single 256 card by about $10-20. Not bad, cos 2 cards means one can use inside the camera, the other can send for printing.

Bullpit said:
retail is $799. Sometimes, last day got special offers. A good tripod is needed for Z2, cos of the 10X zoom. Extra batteries and print offers are handy too. That is for normal customers. Unless the customer is pro, like us from clubsnap, few require a uv filter and lens adapter.

As for sd card, actually price of 2 128 sd card is more expensive than a single 256 card by about $10-20. Not bad, cos 2 cards means one can use inside the camera, the other can send for printing.

heh heh.. the tripod is a mini tripod.. which is very ineffective (i have one mini and i can't use it at all)..

i think the batts are gp batts.. not very good.. sanyo sells the 2100mAh at $3 each.. print offers are ok lar.. but konica printing usually quite expensive..

i never send sd cards for printing... too dangerous in case lost or spoilt.. anyway i usually edit and burn to cd..

also the adapter and lens was what i requested and he gave me cheap... the camera alone he quote me $650... :)

I was around Peninsula just now... and asked about the cameras and the offer for the PC Show, apparently, they are going to sell the cameras at a slightly cheaper price compared to the pc show, which the same freebies, although you might have to collect the freebies somewhere else. However, I have doubts about if I can sucessfully collect the freebies eventually.

I do not quite think its logical for shops to sell cheaper than at PC show with the freebies. I think the vendor for such shows normally bid via close bidding, their best feebies offers and get the right to be the exclusive vendor for the brand. If these shops can offer better deals, why din they bid for the right to be the seller at the profitable PC show? Also, selling at PC show normally generate hundreds of sales over a few days, so the vendor can buy in bulk and get cheaper price, since its the 'exclusive vendor' at PC show.

Sd cards: I actually prefer more cards, though not really for printing. SD cards can be used in pdas, or an alternative memory storage device with the card reader. If the mini tripod can be exchanged for a full tripod, I think the deal is very good. Maybe can try on the last day...hee

I bought my Z2!!

got the tripod swapped....not mini now

anyone bought a Z2 on the last day, today? What the bundle of freebies?

Bullpit said:
anyone bought a Z2 on the last day, today? What the bundle of freebies?

i went today at bout 2+pm, the sales person told mi that Z2 was out of stock and need to reserve the set and collect at other place after the show.

no other people bought Z2 during pc show?

Woah, luckily I bought it on Sat. Mine came with everything inclusive both the mini and big tripod. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.