Minolta 7D cannot handle 4gb card!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Octane69

Jan 10, 2005
Singapore
www.ukayphotography.com
Recently i borrowed my friend's 4gb card.. and you know what... the camera hangs! And after that.. most of the images are all corrupted! I thought that a pro body could at least handle a 4gb card... even the canon 20D that came out before the 7D can... so disppointed... :thumbsd:

was using the kingston elite pro.. firmware in camera has already been upgraded...

any comments or has anyone faced a smiliar problem?

Octane69 said:
Recently i borrowed my friend's 4gb card.. and you know what... the camera hangs! And after that.. most of the images are all corrupted! I thought that a pro body could at least handle a 4gb card... even the canon 20D that came out before the 7D can... so disppointed... :thumbsd:

was using the kingston elite pro.. firmware in camera has already been upgraded...

I dont even got $$ to get a 2gb card, still using 512 only
:cry: :cry:

GENO said:
I dont even got $$ to get a 2gb card, still using 512 only
:cry: :cry:
cos u r pro bro....one shot...one kill

Octane69 said:

I have used the 5GB Seagate microdrive with the 7D with no problem at all. I a,m 1uite surprise when you say it cannot handle 4GB CF.

i did i did... i format the card with the cam... and just start shooting... i shoot in raw and jpeg mode... did you guys do that too? so weird.. because this is not he first time it happened :( i have treid it twice.. and both times same problem...

Hmm... if it bothers u so much, den get a 20D instead? :dunno:

I prefer not to keep all my eggs in 1 basket.

jsbn said:

Cannot say like that... just because of storage card, bite the bullet of depreciation? Not a critical issue, I think. Like you say, just use 4 baskets instead of one!

I've tried a Lexar 4GB 80X, no issues filling up the card.

I used to have this hang issue with my Lexar 2GB and it turned out to be card failure. You might want to try to fill up the card from your PC with any files and see if its the card problem.

it bothers me because i cannot use a 4gb card on a pro body that came of after the 20D .. but changing system just because of this is ridiculous no?? and i cannot afford 2 different systems anyway :)

jsbn said:

Drudkh said:
You have a lot of $$$...

BTW, anyone knows how much the Lexar 2 GB 80x cost?

Octane69 said:
it bothers me because i cannot use a 4gb card on a pro body that came of after the 20D .. but changing system just because of this is ridiculous no?? and i cannot afford 2 different systems anyway :)

Isn't changing card cheaper? ;p

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
who knows... maybe the card to him is more valuable than the system... :bsmilie:

:sweat: like tat ....

spurssy said:
You have a lot of $$$...

BTW, anyone knows how much the Lexar 2 GB 80x cost?
yes, i have lots of $$$ but just enough to get me 3 meals daily! :sticktong
the 4GB was borrowed one.

hmmm... will test it again.. maybe there is something wrong with the card.. maybe will go down to eastgear and test the new cards there...

Drudkh said:

I used to have this hang issue with my Lexar 2GB and it turned out to be card failure. You might want to try to fill up the card from your PC with any files and see if its the card problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.