Minimum CF card capacity for A80

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlim

Aug 14, 2004
Dear all,

I am looking at getting a spare CF card for my A80. I think the minimum size that I should get would be a 128MB card (since I can get a free 128MB card from Canon).

What do you all think? Thanks. :D

my first digital cam was 4 megapixels, given what i like to shoot i think i need abt 2 set of 256 cards, 1 per outing.

amlim said:
Dear all,

I am looking at getting a spare CF card for my A80. I think the minimum size that I should get would be a 128MB card (since I can get a free 128MB card from Canon).

What do you all think? Thanks. :D
huh?! u dont have ur canon 32MB in the box?

latmo said:
i will think since 512MB isnt expensive
just cost around 110
so why dun get a 512MB i think it is the minimum cf card for a DC now ...

I'm thinking of getting a 512MB soon.
which brand to look out for (or not look out for) ?
And any shops to recommend getting it from ?

latmo said:
i will think since 512MB isnt expensive
just cost around 110
so why dun get a 512MB i think it is the minimum cf card for a DC now ...

hi latmo,

i was thinking that maybe safer to split up into a few 128mb cards.. in case 1 gets damaged, not all photos are lost.... :dunno:

amlim said:
hi latmo,

i was thinking that maybe safer to split up into a few 128mb cards.. in case 1 gets damaged, not all photos are lost.... :dunno:

Sometimes it gets pretty irritating to keep changing the cards. Besides, the failure rate for a CF card is really pretty low. :)

Redstar202 said:
Sometimes it gets pretty irritating to keep changing the cards. Besides, the failure rate for a CF card is really pretty low. :)

hi,

i am also worried that i may lose my dc. happened to my analogue camera. at least if the photos are spread out over a few cf cards, then not all the photos would be lost.

i think a 128mb cf card should hold around 50 pics at highest resolution for a 4MP camera. maybe 128mb is the sweetspot for me. :)

thanks.

Hi,

From your comments I think a 256mb would suit you best. I'm also using a combo of 128 + 256 for my a80 :D

yjoshua said:
Hi,

From your comments I think a 256mb would suit you best. I'm also using a combo of 128 + 256 for my a80 :D

hi,

thanks for your suggestion. but today, i went to buy 3 128mb cards. now i got 4 x 128mb cards. kekekekek.... :D hope my choice is the right one. :dunno:

:bigeyes: actually some of those those using dslr are using 512mb and some even up to 1 GB. They says that the cards dun get spolit that easily and they dislike changing their card that often...

amlim said:
hi,

thanks for your suggestion. but today, i went to buy 3 128mb cards. now i got 4 x 128mb cards. kekekekek.... :D hope my choice is the right one. :dunno:

kohweekuan said:
:bigeyes: actually some of those those using dslr are using 512mb and some even up to 1 GB. They says that the cards dun get spolit that easily and they dislike changing their card that often...

hi,

thanks for your reply. i guess those with dslr are pro photographers who shoot a lot. for me, loss of the cf card is more a worry than spoilage... what capacity do you use? thanks. :thumbsup:

what size to get actually depends on your cam, what is the max it can support. read somewhere that some cam can support up to certain size...

having a few cf is more worrying as it may get lost. :cry:

i use 2x 512MB (dslr, Large + fine, sometime RAW), so speaking from experience, it is sometimes very troublesome / irritating when need to change in the middle of an event.
you may loose preciuos moments, but how often will this happened?
it is a good practise to download to PC at once when get home. :bsmilie:

scud said:
what size to get actually depends on your cam, what is the max it can support. read somewhere that some cam can support up to certain size...

having a few cf is more worrying as it may get lost. :cry:

i use 2x 512MB (dslr, Large + fine, sometime RAW), so speaking from experience, it is sometimes very troublesome / irritating when need to change in the middle of an event.
you may loose preciuos moments, but how often will this happened?
it is a good practise to download to PC at once when get home. :bsmilie:

thanks for your reply!

latmo:
is kingston 512mb CF good? i wanted to buy but still thinking though. Best bargain selling $110 right?

Souphamster said:
latmo:
is kingston 512mb CF good? i wanted to buy but still thinking though. Best bargain selling $110 right?

Comex is coming this Thursday...
wait alittle longer, might have better price

Status
Not open for further replies.