Minimum CF card capacity for A80


Status
Not open for further replies.

amlim

New Member
Aug 14, 2004
101
0
0
Dear all,

I am looking at getting a spare CF card for my A80. I think the minimum size that I should get would be a 128MB card (since I can get a free 128MB card from Canon).

What do you all think? Thanks. :D
 

Belle&Sebastain

Senior Member
Jun 27, 2002
3,796
1
0
here
www.9frames.com
my first digital cam was 4 megapixels, given what i like to shoot i think i need abt 2 set of 256 cards, 1 per outing.
 

starry

New Member
Mar 24, 2004
105
0
0
www.walrusblog.com
amlim said:
Dear all,

I am looking at getting a spare CF card for my A80. I think the minimum size that I should get would be a 128MB card (since I can get a free 128MB card from Canon).

What do you all think? Thanks. :D
huh?! u dont have ur canon 32MB in the box?
 

tmaureen

New Member
Aug 5, 2004
16
0
0
Western most part of Singapore
latmo said:
i will think since 512MB isnt expensive
just cost around 110
so why dun get a 512MB i think it is the minimum cf card for a DC now ...
I'm thinking of getting a 512MB soon.
which brand to look out for (or not look out for) ?
And any shops to recommend getting it from ?
 

amlim

New Member
Aug 14, 2004
101
0
0
latmo said:
i will think since 512MB isnt expensive
just cost around 110
so why dun get a 512MB i think it is the minimum cf card for a DC now ...
hi latmo,

i was thinking that maybe safer to split up into a few 128mb cards.. in case 1 gets damaged, not all photos are lost.... :dunno:
 

Redstar202

Member
Dec 25, 2003
182
0
16
North-West Singapore
amlim said:
hi latmo,

i was thinking that maybe safer to split up into a few 128mb cards.. in case 1 gets damaged, not all photos are lost.... :dunno:
Sometimes it gets pretty irritating to keep changing the cards. Besides, the failure rate for a CF card is really pretty low. :)
 

amlim

New Member
Aug 14, 2004
101
0
0
Redstar202 said:
Sometimes it gets pretty irritating to keep changing the cards. Besides, the failure rate for a CF card is really pretty low. :)
hi,

i am also worried that i may lose my dc. happened to my analogue camera. at least if the photos are spread out over a few cf cards, then not all the photos would be lost.

i think a 128mb cf card should hold around 50 pics at highest resolution for a 4MP camera. maybe 128mb is the sweetspot for me. :)

thanks.
 

yjoshua

Member
Jan 16, 2004
112
0
16
Hi,

From your comments I think a 256mb would suit you best. I'm also using a combo of 128 + 256 for my a80 :D
 

amlim

New Member
Aug 14, 2004
101
0
0
yjoshua said:
Hi,

From your comments I think a 256mb would suit you best. I'm also using a combo of 128 + 256 for my a80 :D
hi,

thanks for your suggestion. but today, i went to buy 3 128mb cards. now i got 4 x 128mb cards. kekekekek.... :D hope my choice is the right one. :dunno:
 

kohweekuan

New Member
May 6, 2004
243
0
0
North
:bigeyes: actually some of those those using dslr are using 512mb and some even up to 1 GB. They says that the cards dun get spolit that easily and they dislike changing their card that often...

amlim said:
hi,

thanks for your suggestion. but today, i went to buy 3 128mb cards. now i got 4 x 128mb cards. kekekekek.... :D hope my choice is the right one. :dunno:
 

amlim

New Member
Aug 14, 2004
101
0
0
kohweekuan said:
:bigeyes: actually some of those those using dslr are using 512mb and some even up to 1 GB. They says that the cards dun get spolit that easily and they dislike changing their card that often...
hi,

thanks for your reply. i guess those with dslr are pro photographers who shoot a lot. for me, loss of the cf card is more a worry than spoilage... what capacity do you use? thanks. :thumbsup:
 

scud

Senior Member
Jul 28, 2003
1,808
0
0
Singapore
www.fotolightbox.com
what size to get actually depends on your cam, what is the max it can support. read somewhere that some cam can support up to certain size...

having a few cf is more worrying as it may get lost. :cry:

i use 2x 512MB (dslr, Large + fine, sometime RAW), so speaking from experience, it is sometimes very troublesome / irritating when need to change in the middle of an event.
you may loose preciuos moments, but how often will this happened?
it is a good practise to download to PC at once when get home. :bsmilie:
 

amlim

New Member
Aug 14, 2004
101
0
0
scud said:
what size to get actually depends on your cam, what is the max it can support. read somewhere that some cam can support up to certain size...

having a few cf is more worrying as it may get lost. :cry:

i use 2x 512MB (dslr, Large + fine, sometime RAW), so speaking from experience, it is sometimes very troublesome / irritating when need to change in the middle of an event.
you may loose preciuos moments, but how often will this happened?
it is a good practise to download to PC at once when get home. :bsmilie:
thanks for your reply!
 

Souphamster

New Member
Nov 22, 2003
163
0
0
latmo:
is kingston 512mb CF good? i wanted to buy but still thinking though. Best bargain selling $110 right?
 

therat

New Member
Nov 26, 2003
279
0
0
Bedok
Visit site
Souphamster said:
latmo:
is kingston 512mb CF good? i wanted to buy but still thinking though. Best bargain selling $110 right?
Comex is coming this Thursday...
wait alittle longer, might have better price
 

Status
Not open for further replies.