Mini Tripod

Status
Not open for further replies.

defn

Sep 20, 2003
I used to have one from fuji... but the support part worn out and in the end it cannot hold a camera anymore... anyone can recommend a good brand? where to buy and how much?

Slik Sprint Pro not bad. Its about SG$84 from Cathay Photo. Specs is as follows:

Maximum Operating Height: 64.37 in. / 1,635 mm
Weight: 1.96 lbs. / 890grams
Maximum load: 4.5 lbs. / 2,040 grams
Foldede length: 18.90 in. / 480 mm

huh? defn, what exactly do you mean by mini-tripod? is it those really small ones, non-extendable, for table-top use kind? cos that's the impression i got when and snappy has recommended something rather different.

Hmm, come to think of it I think he is referring to those table top type. Never tried one before...

Snappy said:
Slik Sprint Pro not bad. Its about SG$84 from Cathay Photo. Specs is as follows:

Maximum Operating Height: 64.37 in. / 1,635 mm
Weight: 1.96 lbs. / 890grams
Maximum load: 4.5 lbs. / 2,040 grams
Foldede length: 18.90 in. / 480 mm

I just bought this from MS color... $85... haha..

I was referring to those table-top kind... sorry for the initial ambiguity :)

defn said:
I just bought this from MS color... $85... haha..

I was referring to those table-top kind... sorry for the initial ambiguity :)

Manfrotto. Can try Cathay Photo, where I bought mine years ago.

Very sturdy, enough to hold a full sized SLR plus mid-sized lens ( my SLR+lens combo is easily 1.5kg ). Head can be bought separately, also from Manfrotto.

You can see it at http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=277899&is=REG

If you don't need a sturdy tripod or if your camera is very tiny and light, then practically any light weight one will do. Cathay sells a range from $10 upwards.

defn said:
I used to have one from fuji... but the support part worn out and in the end it cannot hold a camera anymore... anyone can recommend a good brand? where to buy and how much?

If you're looking for a table top type mini tripod, I got a "Slik Mini" from CP about 2 months ago, $25/-

Specs and picture here

Status
Not open for further replies.