mini tripod for...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kegler

Dec 25, 2003
myhobbieseatdrink.blogspot.com
travel use.... something small n light ...and enuff to hold a slr with lense... probably 2kg is enuff....

all kinds of suggestions are welcome

thx in advance!

EDIT: sorry...left out the g....its kg.... heehee....

2k can buy CF tripod with super ballhead & lots more lor.. or u meant 2kg weight? ;p

i dun think in market now there is any mini tripod which can support more than 1.5 or more... think a guide is the best it can support maybe a D70 with a 50mm prime...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
2k can buy CF tripod with super ballhead & lots more lor.. or u meant 2kg weight? ;p

i dun think in market now there is any mini tripod which can support more than 1.5 or more... think a guide is the best it can support maybe a D70 with a 50mm prime...

ok...so if less than 1.5kg... wats the reccommend? d70+kit?

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
u can try a ultrapod

CP guy told me cannot use for dslr... which is why i didn't get it... hee.... looks very usefull.... mount on lamp post to shoot.... hee

try contact xl1, he uses a very solid mini table top tripod with a mini ball head, mounted 1dmkll+35mm f1.4 lens during 1 night photo shoot outing with me. :thumbsup:

denniskee said:
try contact xl1, he uses a very solid mini table top tripod with a mini ball head, mounted 1dmkll+35mm f1.4 lens during 1 night photo shoot outing with me. :thumbsup:

do you have a link to this product ? thanks in advance.

wibawa said:
Try gitzo G0012 - rated 2.5kg.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=227453&is=REG

but it's a bit limited, as it would easily lost balance with DSLR once the center of gravity of your setup (dslr+lens) move to the front/back, eg. shooting with 45 degree angle down or up.

wow....this kind of price ....heehee.... i rather buy a sprint pro mini.... i think cheaper.... im thinking of the mini... dun stretch out the legs n use it as a table top tripod... hee

anyone doing that?

gitzo G0012 mk2. very small, around 22-23cm tall when it is folded.
suitable for small SLR/DSLR (D70/300D etc) with small fixed lens (20/50mm).
CP sells it for s$145 w/GST last time.

cheers.. :)

kegler said:
travel use.... something small n light ...and enuff to hold a slr with lense... probably 2kg is enuff....

all kinds of suggestions are welcome

thx in advance!

EDIT: sorry...left out the g....its kg.... heehee....

i use Bogen / Manfrotto 709 Digi Tabletop Tripod with Ballhead (Black) - Supports 4.5 lb (2 kg) It assembles quickly and is quite stable, and features a smooth miniature ballhead, providing 360° pan and ± 90° tilt.

Like Deniss kee said, i use it with 1dmk2 + 35mm f/1.4 (sometimes with 135mm f/2) without a problem at all, and it comes with the kit include extention that can be put in beetween the tripod and head, the height around 60cm from the ground.

Lots of sports shooter use this mini tripod combine with Acra Swiss ball head, so you mount 200mm f/1.8 or 400mm f/2.8 without a problem

283757.jpg

Tie on trees, fence or a stick to use as monopod.
Bend right angle to use as shoulder stock etc.
-
up2lrg.jpg

-
ultra01.jpg

i use ultrapod II also before use manfrotto, its made from rough plastic, easy and light to carry along, but ofcourse depends on what camera u use.

for me ultrapod is not strong enough when i mount my camera and the plastic bend anddifficult to stand. and also the head is not strong enough for cam with batt grip, you can twist with hand even after you tighten it.

This sure looks interesting and has lots of potential...CP selling this? and for how much?

thanks.

Cheers...

xl1 said:
i use Bogen / Manfrotto 709 Digi Tabletop Tripod with Ballhead (Black) - Supports 4.5 lb (2 kg) It assembles quickly and is quite stable, and features a smooth miniature ballhead, providing 360° pan and ± 90° tilt.

Like Deniss kee said, i use it with 1dmk2 + 35mm f/1.4 (sometimes with 135mm f/2) without a problem at all, and it comes with the kit include extention that can be put in beetween the tripod and head, the height around 60cm from the ground.

Lots of sports shooter use this mini tripod combine with Acra Swiss ball head, so you mount 200mm f/1.8 or 400mm f/2.8 without a problem

283757.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.